My Tinder Regional Experiment - 6 countries, 6 days.

Page 10 of 11 [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 9:35 pm

1986 wrote:
I've tried to be a local for 7 years now but so far I'd probably just win the prize of "worst weeaboo in the world". :D

Going off topic here, but what is the situation in Japan?
Can you legally own property, being a westerner?

Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 10:13 pm

Pepe wrote:
1986 wrote:
I've tried to be a local for 7 years now but so far I'd probably just win the prize of "worst weeaboo in the world". :D

Going off topic here, but what is the situation in Japan?
Can you legally own property, being a westerner?

Yes, no problem. The problem for us mere mortals is to secure a bank loan. I don't have the "gold standard" permanent residence visa but a 5 year spouse visa, so unless my salary is sky high I'll run into problems the moment I step into the branch office.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 10:27 pm

cyberdad wrote:

I've lived in both Malaysia and Singapore for extended periods of time and travelled extensively through Indonesia and Philippines.

Is dating really easier in The Philippines? Is finding a girl to date easy?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 12:22 am

Muse933277 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I've lived in both Malaysia and Singapore for extended periods of time and travelled extensively through Indonesia and Philippines.

Based on what my friend has EXPERIENCED, Caucasians are treated like VIPs by virtually everyone, even to the point of queue-jumping lines at a restaurant.
My friend was very uncomfortable about that.

So, yes... 8O

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 2:28 am

Muse933277 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

In my view Indonesia has the friendliest/easiest to approach women in SE ASia. The problem with the Philippines is that like Thailand there's too many male foreign tourists so the best women are snapped up. Indonesia is relatively untouched so the women are still innocent and uncontaminated by western values.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 2:30 am

Pepe wrote:
Based on what my friend has EXPERIENCED, Caucasians are treated like VIPs by virtually everyone, even to the point of queue-jumping lines at a restaurant.
My friend was very uncomfortable about that.

Why? people over there like us. I was always very respectful to the women I dated in Malaysia.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

25 Mar 2023, 7:14 am

Pepe wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Lecia_Wynter wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
We lack....a lot of genes. 8O

Btw, the male chromosone is degenerating over time.

Quote:
But I'm actually seriously considering going to The Philippines to find a girlfriend. Plus I find asian women attractive in general.

I heard the cops there are worse than the US and just go around randomly murdering people who do drugs. Not sure what drugs or if pot counts as a drug.

Quote:
I'll address that. Normal looking guys with average parents have their best opportunity to snag a normal looking girl with average parents in highschool. After highschool there's a smaller number who snag a comparable woman in college.

Once you are in the workforce then the "comparable" looking women who are still single dwindles (supply.demand)
If you are still living with mum.dad and struggling to find work you may as well give up and focus on working on yourself

This is mostly correct although I have heard stories of homeless males with low income who still manage to get heterosexual relationships. And what you said earlier about teens is also correct, teenage males tend to look like handsome anime characters and as they grow older their face starts to deform into a more ogre looking appearance and dating becomes much harder.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Humans aren't that diversiefied across the globe, we all share the same 99.9% DNA,
99% DNA arguments are not an argument. We share a lot of DNA with apes but that doesn't mean humans are exactly the same as apes, there are just a lot of similarities.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
How comes me, the same specimen, is "genetically attractive" (lots of matches) to most women (ON TINDER) in Morocco, Tunisia, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia but yet extremely unattractive (using the exact same pictures + bio) to most women in white-dominated European countries (ON TINDER) (almost zero matches)?

Socioeconomic reasons me thinks. Someone told me Thai girls are interested in marriage with Westerners for a financial boost. That doesn't explain all of their behavoir though, white men have an easier time finding dates in Asian locations than black men with the same income, so I think they are actually attracted to white genetics more. So the answer is both genetics and finance. Genetically you look like a semi-white passoid, you look to be possibly Middle eastern but in a Bond movie you'd be viewed as "basically one of the whiteoids" or "rich greek guy on a yacht" type vibes.

Quote:
How do we fix this?

We can’t, we will either in some millions years go extinct or evolution may “find its way” - some lizard species are all-females for isntance.

Mmmmm.
Lizard womyn with boobies. :heart:

:mrgreen: *runs away before pepe catches me*
Herr Pepe, you're the same old dirty "poet"
If so, read my own poem
Ich werde deinen Arsch versohlen. :heart:

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

25 Mar 2023, 8:55 am

! Cornflake wrote:
Pepe and Rexi: would you two please get a room - or better, your own love-in thread in the Adult forum - and stop posting your off-topic kissy-kissy sessions here and elsewhere.
There are only so many barf bags available... :wink:

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Mar 2023, 9:12 am

face of boo wrote:
This experiment is really fascinating, think about it, a same specimen (me in this case) is seen attractive by 20% to 30% of samples of women in some countries there while it's seen attractive by barely 1% in other countries. Like....wow...really, wow.

I would assume that the algorithm is doing you dirty I would be surprised if the discrepancy between countrys would be that dramatic

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 9:49 am

The Philippines is becoming an increasingly popular destination to travel to in order to meet a woman. It's still not mainstream yet, but if it ever does hit mainstream, then it's bad news. The reason being that if every young white man gets the idea to travel to The Philippines, that means competition for a girlfriend will be that much greater and it won't be quite as easy anymore.

RandoNLD
Toucan
Toucan

25 Mar 2023, 4:00 pm

Western men have gone to the Phillipines looking for love/mail order brides since at least the '80s as far as I know. I know someone who went there in the early '80s and brought back a wife; they're still together, but it's not something I'd feel comfortable doing.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 5:38 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
The Philippines is becoming an increasingly popular destination to travel to in order to meet a woman. It's still not mainstream yet, but if it ever does hit mainstream, then it's bad news. The reason being that if every young white man gets the idea to travel to The Philippines, that means competition for a girlfriend will be that much greater and it won't be quite as easy anymore.

Philippines and Thailand have already been a popular since the 1970s. However the population growth in both countries means there's always opportunities.

Another relatively untouched country with friendly people is Cambodia. But the former is a little dangerous (crime) compared to Indonesia.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 5:40 pm

RandoNLD wrote:
I know someone who went there in the early '80s and brought back a wife; they're still together, but it's not something I'd feel comfortable doing.

Back in the 80s the slur "mail order bride" was being thrown around aimed at these poor women.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 5:49 pm

Muse933277 wrote:

It isn't?
I thought it was, but I am not going to argue the point.

Caucasian appreciation there seems to be a cultural thing.
"Interesting."

I wish my friend who has found a partner there all the best.
I think it will turn his life around, finger's crossed.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 5:52 pm

RandoNLD wrote:
Western men have gone to the Phillipines looking for love/mail order brides since at least the '80s as far as I know. I know someone who went there in the early '80s and brought back a wife; they're still together, but it's not something I'd feel comfortable doing.

Same.
My friend's father found a wife in the Philippines, and they are still happily married.
It has become a family tradition for them. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 5:56 pm

cyberdad wrote:
RandoNLD wrote:
I know someone who went there in the early '80s and brought back a wife; they're still together, but it's not something I'd feel comfortable doing.

Back in the 80s the slur "mail order bride" was being thrown around aimed at these poor women.

Wanting to find a better life is a bad thing in some ppl's minds.
Go figure. :?

There are always "judgementalists".