What are your thoughts on gay marriage?

Page 11 of 13 [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 8:47 pm

Starbuline wrote:
Anubis wrote:
SpaceCase wrote:
Starbuline wrote:
He's a lesbian in a man's body.

Oh. Is he just playing?

Because some straight men feel like lesbian women(trans).

-SpaceCase

Since when was I a he? XD

You should get a sex change.

I'll help pay for it! =D

-SpaceCase

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 8:50 pm

I'll help too.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 8:51 pm

Huh, no. I'm a girl...

Thanks for the offer though! 8)

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2007, 6:09 pm

marraige is about procreation, not love. THe idea of loving the person you were married to only started in the renasaince.

legally speaking you cannot marry someone you cannot procreate with. if at any time your spouse cant or wont give children you get an anullement

this is raw gramcianite communism. try to change reality with social action and bring down capitalism by destroying western christian culture by undermining its foundations.

btw

marraige was only taken over by the state from the church to prohibit blacks from marrying whites.

just to let you know.

Bart21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2007, 7:24 pm

GAY MARRIAGES ARE BLASTPHEMOUS ! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !

But seriously i think it's ok.

kip
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 2:36 am

I personally see nothing wrong with gay marriage. If two people can stand each other for that friggin long and NOT commit murder, let them at it!

Now... to poke at all y'all bible thumpers. I love how the main argument in the church is that gay marriage is immoral and therefore should not be allowed. If you do an ACTUAL study, not just skim the words while the pastor/preacher/father/rabbi/whatever drones on, you'll see that the ONLY time male/male and female/female is brought up in a do-not-do light, its in regards to the Babalonians. *i spelled that wrong:P* That portion of the bible also states that eating certain FOODS is grounds for loosing your salvation, which, again, is only because of the other culture. Those rules were made as a way to keep the isrealites seperate from the secular Babalonians, not to become the basis of culture for, well, forever.

If anyone wants more info on this study I did, PM me, I've got verses and everything.

And another things. Most aspies I've met are... how do you say... gender blind? That works. We don't choose friends based on male or female, because personally, there are few people I can stand at ALL, no matter what their sterotyped gender is. I'm just lucky that one of the people I CAN stand is my BF, and happens to be male. If he was the same person, in a female body? I'd go for it. Its all about personality, not physical charicteristics. You don't always wanna marry the hot NT because eventually, that bloke gonna get OLD. And guess what? At 70 or 80 years old, if you're still hot as hell, PLEASE direct me to your drinking fountain cause I want some of that water. But if you can still carry on a great conversation, and make me laugh, awesome! Those are things that never fade, no matter what gender.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 2:48 am

I have no problem with it whatsoever.

Beno
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Apr 2007, 4:32 am

hyperion wrote:
marraige is about procreation, not love. THe idea of loving the person you were married to only started in the renasaince.

legally speaking you cannot marry someone you cannot procreate with. if at any time your spouse cant or wont give children you get an anullement

this is raw gramcianite communism. try to change reality with social action and bring down capitalism by destroying western christian culture by undermining its foundations.

btw

marraige was only taken over by the state from the church to prohibit blacks from marrying whites.

just to let you know.

1) There's evidence supporting the idea of Romantic relationships like we have today in the Middle ages, Celtic eras, Roman and Greek civilizations, Egyptian and Sumerian times, as well as various other unconnected historical civilizations across the world. It didn't just start in the Renaissance.

2) Actually, legally speaking you CAN marry someone who can't procreate, you just don't have to continue the marriage if it turns out they can't have kids. Most people these days would call you a dick if you got an annulment because your wife can't have kids, though.

3) Capitalism isn't a core component of Christian culture. The early Christians lived in COMMUNIST communities. Christianity only became quite capitalist in the last few hundred years when the new world was discovered and colonised. Before then it was Feudal, and before that communist.

4) As a matter of fact, the historical concepts of marriage have no real bearing on the present day concept of marriage; nor should the Christian religion have the only say as to what a marriage should be. Different people have different religions, which have different ideas about marriage. Some of which in fact SUPPORT gay marriage. Don't go around saying that we're trying to destroy Christian culture when in the West when your country's constitution has a separation of church and state clause.

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 6:07 am

hyperion wrote:

btw

just to let you know.

Actually legally no state cares if you can procreate. There are no laws about this. Old people marry all the time and so do people who have been sterilized so they can't have any (more) children.

I don't know of any state that annuls based on failure to procreate but they would grant a divorce. Most states are no fault, so that wouldn't even come up. They don't care what your reasons are for the divorce. Marriage and divorce laws are very different state by state. The states control this, not the federal government.

Marriage had nothing to do with capitalism. It started in agrarian societies when people began to own land. It only has to do with inheritance and it was thought of as a way to insure that the land would be inherited by someone actually related to the man. This idea is not only full of holes, it's no longer necessary since there are DNA tests that are much more accurate. Consumers will still buy even if they are gay. Money does not recognize gender.

Actually churches would not marry blacks and whites. Churches have nothing to do with the legality of marriage anyway. Marriage is only legal if you get a license from the state. The church official is "recognized" by the state to perform the legally binding ceremony which can take any form. A notary can also marry you and has the same exact recognition by the state. Same with a JP, a ship's captain, etc. If you don't have the license and any of these "officials" marry you, the state won't recognize it anyway.

Marriage for love did not happen in the Rennaisance. That is a Romantic period notion which was later.

DaWill
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Apr 2007, 5:45 pm

I'm not gay but I think if people love each other they should do it.

So ple-e-e-e-ease.... love me do.

-The Beatles rule!

euphrosyne
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Apr 2007, 3:00 pm

If two people love each other and want to get married, then they should be allowed to regardless of their genders. Any law keeping same-sexed couples from marrying is just as ridiculous as any law keeping people with the same hair color or blood type from marrying.

Bart21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 6:40 am

I almost sound like a liberal on this topic.
But i think people should stop following the rules of some 2000 year old book.
Times change and why should we bound by whats written so long ago ?
If they wanna get married than let em.

jkrane
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 6:31 pm

let

man and man

woman and woman

marry.

Gay marriage is just like heterosexual marriage, I don't see the harm.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 6:44 pm

Bart21 wrote:
I almost sound like a liberal on this topic.
But i think people should stop following the rules of some 2000 year old book.
Times change and why should we bound by whats written so long ago ?
If they wanna get married than let em.

A lot of what's written in the Bible is still relevant today, but I agree than an equally large amount of it can be discarded, like not eating seafood on the Sabbath, or stoning a wife for adultery. Or, for that matter, suffering a witch to live... :P

Anyway... gay marriages are cool. My dad's cousin married his boyfriend in Canada, then had a Quaker ceremony here in England as a sort of follow-up to the official marriage, and I can't think of any reason why they shouldn't have been allowed to do so sooner. They're clearly deeply in love (they've taken each other's surnames, and have two adopted kids), so why they shouldn't be allowed to express that legally is beyond me...

RadiationHazard
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 9:01 pm

My thoughts? Hey if you want to deal with that go right ahead. It's just a stupid symbolic gesture these days anyway. Who knows, in 50 years traditional marriage might be obsolete so in all honesty it'll be all for naught. But you want it, you do have a right to it I think. Love is love is it not?

Position: Neutral, but leaning towards yes.

Dr. Chase: I'm Australian.

Dr. House: You put the Queen on your money, you're British.

MagicMike
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2007, 4:38 am

My view: If two guys want to marry, works with me. Girls know they're taken and don't go for them. This means I've got that much less competition.