Page 19 of 20 [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2015, 1:54 pm

rdos wrote:
I think a thread about toxic feminism would be more interesting. Could spur a really heated debate too. :mrgreen:

Can't be done. Not here. It's sexist and forbidden by TOC. The mods will get you if you try it.

And you can't have a rank-and-file feminist bring it up in a Women's Discussion forum, either. It wouldn't be sexist per se because you have the right context and right person. But it would threaten the stability of the echo chamber. They'd probably get her banned for "trolling" at worst or, at best, make it really difficult for her to justify her continued existence there.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 1:54 am

AngelRho wrote:
rdos wrote:
I think a thread about toxic feminism would be more interesting. Could spur a really heated debate too. :mrgreen:

Can't be done. Not here. It's sexist and forbidden by TOC. The mods will get you if you try it.

And you can't have a rank-and-file feminist bring it up in a Women's Discussion forum, either. It wouldn't be sexist per se because you have the right context and right person. But it would threaten the stability of the echo chamber. They'd probably get her banned for "trolling" at worst or, at best, make it really difficult for her to justify her continued existence there.

Ok. Let me point out a couple of things.

This whole subforum is an echo chamber full of men's problems, with the occasional "just be pretty if you're a woman and it's easy".

A moderator just came in and stood up for the men on this subforum.

The last person to be banned for sexist behaviour in L&D was a woman who made repeated personal attacks against men.

In PPR, there have been numerous debates on feminism.

So guess what you can do with your "feminist echo chamber" nonsense?

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 3:11 am

AngelRho wrote:
rdos wrote:

Open it if you want :) as long as it's within forum rules no one is going to be banned. If toxic masculinity can stand and be discussed here, why not toxic femininity?

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 3:17 am

Anyone else tired of the whole men against women, women against men BS? Idiots are idiots whatever gender they belong to...

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 3:10 pm

Booyakasha wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
rdos wrote:

Open it if you want :) as long as it's within forum rules no one is going to be banned. If toxic masculinity can stand and be discussed here, why not toxic femininity?

I meant that partly in jest. I'm well aware that certain WPers mysteriously vanish from time to time for reasons Who_Am_I made abundantly clear. Speaking of Who_Am_I, yes, this is true that the echo chamber isn't quite so prominent in WP as it was mere months ago. What continues to make me nervous, however, is how easily something can be deemed offensive to some protected class and the TOC used to get rid of certain "undesirables." For some of us, if our views come under attack, we're expected to tolerate it. The instant we defend ourselves, people get banned and threads get locked. I almost don't post to WP anymore because there's too much risk of getting banned for defending someone or myself. It's depressing. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if someone tried to take on a topic like "toxic femininity" and it got shut down within 3 pages.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 3:11 pm

Bondkatten wrote:
Anyone else tired of the whole men against women, women against men BS? Idiots are idiots whatever gender they belong to...

+1. Precisely why I don't associate with people on either side.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 2:26 am

AngelRho wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
rdos wrote:

I meant that partly in jest. I'm well aware that certain WPers mysteriously vanish from time to time for reasons Who_Am_I made abundantly clear. Speaking of Who_Am_I, yes, this is true that the echo chamber isn't quite so prominent in WP as it was mere months ago. What continues to make me nervous, however, is how easily something can be deemed offensive to some protected class and the TOC used to get rid of certain "undesirables." For some of us, if our views come under attack, we're expected to tolerate it. The instant we defend ourselves, people get banned and threads get locked. I almost don't post to WP anymore because there's too much risk of getting banned for defending someone or myself. It's depressing. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if someone tried to take on a topic like "toxic femininity" and it got shut down within 3 pages.

Ok then I urge anyone who wants to discuss anything regarding the topic to please do that, as long as it's within the forum rules, no one is going to be banned.

In fact that harpy who was bullying lonely men here was banned for the eight time the other day, and we're working on getting the access to the admin panel and thereby forbidding such people from registering the site and if necessary report her and similar others to police.

I'm sorry if things were like that in the past, please feel free to report anyone who'd attack you or anyone here personally simply because of the views you exposed. There should be no protected classes here, everyone, as far as I'm concerned are equal, and toxic femininity should reach at least as many pages as toxic masculinity.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 2:48 am

According to a TV station's "Study", masculinity is toxier than thought.

http://nypost.com/2015/05/04/science-pr ... al-matter/

DoubleCatrin
Toucan
Toucan

08 May 2015, 3:48 pm

sight...
well I'm posting here to prove to myself that I can stand against my fear... :|
so I'll stay on the topic and point what I find to be not so nice at some males...(that's what the thread is about right)
I know it's not nice to point to the stinky 'clothes'(as in attitude) of anyone..and I know this won't help anyone else but me...I'll do it anyway

1.I consider toxic when someone speaks things about me, like 'she's just upset cause she can't get to sleep with me', knowing that I'm gonna read it but not confronting me directly, instead just speaking about me...this I consider a passive aggressive action as it does not allow easily for direct response...and as it happened to me I got a response containing vulgar language ( admittedly I got very upset over the comment, nevertheless I am responsive to decent language, there were no need for vulgarities) ...
1a-vulgar language is also a toxic thing in my opinion- ...
1b-the attitude of speaking about someone as if they're not there..I also consider it to be not so nice..and I think it's a bit manipulative(I might use the wrong word here)

2-another thing I consider toxic is seeing men point, allude to mature things...basically to anyone?(even random strangers).... ....

well all these sound innofensive and all but it honestly scares me..

imaginary? bartender at
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=262032&start=285

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 5:35 pm

DoubleCatrin wrote:
2-another thing I consider toxic is seeing men point, allude to mature things...basically to anyone?(even random strangers).... ....

well all these sound innofensive and all but it honestly scares me..

like point at?

Last edited by sly279 on 08 May 2015, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 5:46 pm

DoubleCatrin wrote:
Agemaki wrote:
Growing up as a girl I was generally told that to attract a man a woman should act less intelligent. Mostly I heard this from women, though in some cases they weren't telling me that I *should* act less intelligent so much as that they were offering this as a reason for why boys generally steered clear of me. What I have been told is that the men in these situations feel threatened by female partners who are more intelligent than they are. I never understood why it would be desirable to act stupid in order to attract a partner. My thoughts were that if I intimidated them, then good riddance, since anyone who wanted me to play that game was not worth my time. I was rather lonely though.

I know what you mean... it's cool to see i'm not the only one to think that :D

and now for some hard core toxic feminity: (complaining but still posting)
this subforum is becoming scary....I realize that especially after seeing someone using vulgar language , others alluding to mature things out of the blue(if you don't know what i'm talking about that's super fine,,it's just my hyper sensible me
;_____;...

I bet you man Trollcatman and his hundred of sausage pics.

He just loves sausage! He's not referring to anything else :lol:

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 2:34 am

Yeah, I think we should open a "Sausage Enthusiasts & Connoisseurs thread" just for him :jester: