If you're 27 and never had a girlfriend, is it too late?

Page 16 of 52 [ 824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 52  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 12:58 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I thought rdos is married.

In that case he should cling on to that woman as tight as possible. A dime a dozen.

What about you people who just got a bf/gf after been alone for a decade suddenly start talking "prophecies" to singles here? ie. "No wonder why you don't have a gf", "you will never have a gf"...

Stop this trend noobs, it's stupid.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 1:35 am

when i was a doctor, i was engaged to a lab tech, and, in retrospect, he was certainly out to take advantage of me financially (among other ways). one example: he used to do what he called "shopping at cathy's house. he would literally go through my cupboards and take stuff.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 2:17 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

In that case he should cling on to that woman as tight as possible. A dime a dozen.

What about you people who just got a bf/gf after been alone for a decade suddenly start talking "prophecies" to singles here? ie. "No wonder why you don't have a gf", "you will never have a gf"...

Doesn't make sekse at all. Most As are BS doesn't mean most Bs are As. Not convincing. On WP I could easily predict who will probably remain single for another decade and who won't.

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 2:28 am

Doesn't it also have something to do with meeting the right person? I think some people have it easier and can fit with more people than others, whilst others only fit with very few people…
And if you are shy and not that social then it will always be difficult, unless you find someone that is the one willing to take the first step.

But some people here have very unrealistic views on women and relationship, probably from the lack of actual experience. A partner is not something to acquire so that other people will look up to you that will never work out well…

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 2:41 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
Lol. No wonder jou can't get a girlfriend. Don't think any sane woman would want to date a man with such a defensive attitude. :lol:

Well, I don't date. Not my style. :wink:

Cafeaulait wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I don't think you need to cling to anyone you've been married to for 22 years. Besides, most of the initial clinging was not mine but hers. :mrgreen:

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 2:42 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ She's still in the nice mood and helpful mood for now, but then soon, ......gawd helps us.

what, seventh reincarnation?

kayteekay, cyber bulling is against the law.

Start harassing people again here, and I'll report you to the authorities. I've notified Alex about it already.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 2:53 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
Doesn't make sekse at all. Most As are BS doesn't mean most Bs are As. Not convincing. On WP I could easily predict who will probably remain single for another decade and who won't.

You failed with me. :lol:

I don't find it very easy to do such a prediction, and most of it is luck anyway so even if somebody was able to make decent predictions there would be lots of random noise in the outcome. After all, most of the guys here seems to be ok, and thus with some luck should be able to find a partner.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 2:58 am

rdos wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:

You failed with me. :lol:

I don't find it very easy to do such a prediction, and most of it is luck anyway so even if somebody was able to make decent predictions there would be lots of random noise in the outcome. After all, most of the guys here seems to be ok, and thus with some luck should be able to find a partner.

Disagree.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 3:01 am

Bondkatten wrote:
Doesn't it also have something to do with meeting the right person? I think some people have it easier and can fit with more people than others, whilst others only fit with very few people…

Exactly. Somebody might want to predict that those that fit with most people will have an easier time, but it doesn't mean that those that don't necessarily won't ever get a partner. It's also not a given that trying to fit with more people is an effective strategy, rather could just as well be a path to multiple rejections and giving up.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 3:31 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I think it's better if men start to learn to put some financial requirement pressure on them ie. I wouldn't continue dating you if you keep earning less than x.

:wink:

I think it is better if women stop evaluating mens income. After all, we have heard how women no longer need a man to provide for them, so then they can just stop evaluating men on their income as it makes no sense to do that.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 4:17 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Nope you can't.

Hell, most of the chauvinists and sexist men I have seen had been married for years (with very traditional and stereotyping view on women, way worse than what you might think of stereotyping from rdos); so you can't predict even based on that.

I've seen men with the worst mindsets in that regard who had absolutely no difficulty in getting dates, gfs and eventually married.

You might think no sane women would take them, you wouldn't, but plenty do.

From what I see, prediction based on financial stability, social life and lifestyle would be more accurate; there's way more correlation to that than between men's chauvinism (or egalitarianism) and celibacy.

Most women (I agree with the troll Kaytekat on that), whether they are liberal or traditional, won't prefer a broke man with no friends and no house, - it's something that both types of women have in common even if they differ in cap of requirements (traditional women usually have higher financial expectations from men) as for the chauvinist man with a good income and life would at least attract chauvinist/traditional women like him, and their numbers differ pre region - in some areas in the world they might even be a majority.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 4:56 am

I don't think I'm particularly sexist. I don't know exactly why Cafeaulait didn't think I'll ever get a partner, but maybe it was how I claimed I never asked girls out (IOW, ask for a date), and how this is an excellent way of not being rejected. In that context you need to know that I have other means for making contact with girls that works well enough for me (which I've described here already multiple times, so no need to repeat that).

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 5:04 am

and traditional men and women often belong to traditional families and communities, usually have a large familial network and family get very involved in matching, backward I know but pretty effective in procreating, even more effective than the liberal way, when you are usually doing the dating alone (or by meeting people through activities, or trying to attract some friend crush) to find the one with little to no aid from parents.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 5:16 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
and traditional men and women often belong to traditional families and communities, usually have a large familial network and family get very involved in matching, backward I know but pretty effective in procreating, even more effective than the liberal way, when you are usually doing the dating alone (or by meeting people through activities, or trying to attract some friend crush) to find the one with little to no aid from parents.

Ohh, yes. I've had a girl's mother getting involved in things more than once. I'm starting to wonder if this is common for shy, neurodiverse girls? I guess many guys would get pissed-off by that, but I really have no problem with it.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 5:38 am

Booyakasha wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ She's still in the nice mood and helpful mood for now, but then soon, ......gawd helps us.

what, seventh reincarnation?

kayteekay, cyber bulling is against the law.

Start harassing people again here, and I'll report you to the authorities. I've notified Alex about it already.

banned!

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 5:49 am

sly279 wrote:
I don't admire people with ambition. I think they waste their lives and live in constant stress.
I don't think they see it as a waste. They feel driven to achieve some goal and any time not spent in pursuit of that makes them feel bored and restless. Sometimes I feel that way but for me it doesn't last.
sly279 wrote:
then leave and start something new. they'll never satisfied with life unless they're working their way up. theres a guy makes great games but then quits and starts a new one.because the game is great and there's no way to go up anymore so he starts a new one.
I don't think they do it because they're dissatisfied but because they can't stand to live without challenge. If an entrepreneur starts a successful company he may sell it because for him running a successful company is too easy. He may prefer the challenge of running a start up again.

Think of it like this. Imagine how bored you'd feel if you could only play games on very easy. If you could only play against total noobs. Imagine how bored you'd feel if you won every single time. It would be like that Twilight Zone episode about the gambler in He'll who wins every time.
sly279 wrote:
proposers for example get paid for 40 hours a week but work way more then that. I see people saying they work 80+ a week.
Yes I know. It's bad when people are made to work 80+ hours per week. Even worse when they do it yet are only paid for 40. Not only salary earners, wage earners too. e.g. chefs getting paid for the time they spend cooking the food but supposedly hours of prep time doesn't count.

I think it's even worse when, thanks to increasing automation, it takes less hours to get all the work done yet instead of giving everyone a 3 day workweek like they promised us 50 years ago they fire some of the workers and make the rest work overtime to hang on to their desperately needed jobs. They say nowadays people work longer hours yet this will increase unemployment. I think society would prefer people get paid for doing something useless than get paid the same money to do nothing. I think this is stupid.

Like the tank factory in Ohio. The army said they don't need more tanks and that modern warfare doesn't favour tanks. The government said they must continue manufacturing tanks because otherwise most of the people in a good sized town would lose their jobs. It would cost less to just pay them them the same wage to just sit at home. It's wasteful.

Maybe one day I'll get married but not get to see my wife much becasue we'll both be working 7x12 hours per week. Add commuting time to that as well. With the housing bubble, we'd have to live in the outer outer suburbs. I don't think there's anything wrong with women working but if husband and wife divide the housework between them and do half each after a full day's work, that would consume what little free time they have remaining. If they have preschool aged children, the childcare costs could consume a significant fraction of her wages. That's like working for less dollars per hour. I think that if women have the right to choose to work if they want too but nowadays they've lost that choice. They must work.
sly279 wrote:
usa is all about work work and more work.
You may be right. I've never been there but sometimes it looks that way on TV.
sly279 wrote:
you work til you die and then someone else replaces you.
Well we're all going to die so we might as well find something to fill in time in the meanwhile.
sly279 wrote:
I don't compare myself to other guys.
Women do. Just as surely as guys compare women to each other, women are comparing you to other guys. That's why you need to be competitive. You're being judged against other guys. You long to raise a family? Fine. You need to be a good provider to bring up children. Women know that.
sly279 wrote:
apparently Id make a good bf and dad, people say.
Who said that? Maybe she was trying to hint at something. Maybe this girl is interested in you.
sly279 wrote:
no lol. choice is when you have two or more options. so a girl being asked out by 40 guys has a choice. a guy asking and being rejected by 39 women and accepted by 1. doesn't have a choice. well does be alone forever or accept the only girl who can like you. but not the choice you're talking about.
You have a very one sided view of dating. Some girls don't have any guy ask them out at all. Even good looking ones. Some girls can't get a boyfriend. Maybe you need to find that girl.
sly279 wrote:
so been thinking people like pleanty of unemployed get gfs, pleanty of fat men get gfs etc.
and thats probably true.

types of guys
unemployed
anxious
clingy
distant
fat
ugly
as*hole
virgin over 25
etc

each of those types can and do get a gf
problem is when you have

guy A
unemployed
virgin over 25
ugly
fat
axnious

or any other combination. just fat might be ok, fat and unemployed nope. just unemployed might be ok but unemployed and fat and ugly nope.
Hey, I know a guy with a girlfriend who's all of those things except 25. He was also a virgin when he met her. He was and is under 25. One time he told me he was aspie but he later denied it. He's fat, ugly, socially awkward, never had a job and he's doing some college through mail thing but I think it's a scam. I don't think his career will amount to anything until he thinks of a better plan. Anyway, I think he'll fail because he never studies.

As for him being poor, he met his girlfriend in a homeless shelter so I guess that explains why she doesn't mind him being poor. They have a house now and they're living on welfare. She's doing an art major with plans to do a midwifery degree after (won't they let her do that strait away? :? ) They're both plain looking yet I've seldom seen two people more pationately in love.

So I guess that proves that you can have a combination of bad traits and still find love. They have few possessions or friends but they have each other.