Getting hit on by an Amazon, help!

Page 5 of 8 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Silvervarg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2015, 5:07 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
So what have you done regarding her so far, Otaku?
Nothing too much so far just subtling flirting back and taking my time and too shy to just jump out and ask her out! :oops:

Don't be too shy friend, try to make sure you take one baby step per day you see her atleast. Have you added her to your social media or exchanged phone numbers? (Sorry if you've said anything about it, I just jumped into the thread. :P)

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2015, 4:07 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
OliveOilMom I will try to implement your plan as best I can. I thank you for your advice.

Print it out or write it down and stick it on the fridge. Thats what I do when I'm trying to remember something like that I have to do.

Also, if you want to know how to do a particular thing, ask me. Don't feel stupid about it either, I've been asked how to mop, how to dust, how to sweep, etc before. A lot of people just aren't taught how to do it and a lot of people grow up without chores so they never learn how. I don't mind explaining at all. If it's one thing I'm good at, it's cleaning. Also cooking, budgeting, and decorating. I'm so-so at mending but I can do it. For real, PM me if you want particular help, I'm glad to help out when I can.

Also, while it seems like a lot to do at first, after doing that every day for a few weeks you will be able to do it all in about 30 minutes, except for the laundry and maybe the dishes, depending on how many you have to do and if you have a dishwasher or not. It really isn't as hard or as much as it seems. You just have to get used to it, thats all.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2015, 4:14 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Nothing too much so far just subtling flirting back and taking my time and too shy to just jump out and ask her out! :oops:

I've seen your picture, you are very good looking. I've talked to you on the phone, you have a great voice. I've interacted with you online and you have a great personality. I don't see the problem, go for it son! Don't make me go all "Mom" on you and nag you until you do it lol. Go for it! I got faith in you!

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2015, 5:52 pm

Silvervarg wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Don't be too shy friend, try to make sure you take one baby step per day you see her atleast. Have you added her to your social media or exchanged phone numbers? (Sorry if you've said anything about it, I just jumped into the thread. :P)

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2015, 12:17 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I've seen your picture, you are very good looking. I've talked to you on the phone, you have a great voice. I've interacted with you online and you have a great personality. I don't see the problem, go for it son! Don't make me go all "Mom" on you and nag you until you do it lol. Go for it! I got faith in you!
Ohh no, please don't go all mom and nag! Ill do it sheesh!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2015, 4:15 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Ohh no, please don't go all mom and nag! Ill do it sheesh!

OK then young man! I expect a full report on your progress as well, or no cookies! ;-)

For real though, I have confidence in you. You may not have confidence in you, but I have it for you.

Silvervarg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2015, 10:45 am

AspieOtaku wrote:

:lol:
If you want to ask her out in a subtle way you can always go with the old "Found a new restaurant, but don't like to eat alone, care to join me?"
And remember that girls love guys that can make them laugh. :)

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2015, 8:45 am

Try this:

"Want to hang out sometime?"

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2015, 2:04 am

Geekonychus wrote:
Try this:

This.

Otaku, you have a 48 hours to do this, otherwise, we will send OOM after you.

OOM, start counting the time.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2015, 3:08 am

The Supreme Klingon has ruled that you must ask the female unit out or Darth Vader will come down from the planet Vulcan and melt your brain!

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2015, 5:25 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:
Try this:

This.

Eh, he's my friend. He's not scared of me.

He's also a very nice boy. One time when I was all freaking out and depressed I posted my phone number on here and asked for somebody to just call me, I was that sad that just a stranger calling because they cared would help. He called me. The only interaction I had had with him before was me jumping on him about something I think. He even said he thought I disliked him but he wanted to call because he didn't like the idea of somebody being sad and not having somebody to care. That was the absolute sweetest thing anybody on here has ever done for me.

Although I might just "mom" him to the point where he would go ask her out just to shut me up. Annoying people so they get to the point where they will do anything if I just leave them alone works remarkably well. I actually got me and my best friend out of a very dangerous situation at a place where she went to buy her some dope by being that annoying to the one tweaker who had the gun. It was a risk, I know but I thought the chances of his kicking us out were greater than the chances of him just shooting me. I was careful and the risk paid off. First he wouldn't let us leave, then after hearing all about the Hadron Collider for entirely too long, he made us go.

So, if a tweaker with a gun will get so annoyed they just want me to shut up, I'm sure I can annoy Otaku into asking this chick out.

Or maybe I'll weasel her number out of him and I'll ask her out for him if he lets me. There are quite a few girls who think that is cute and it works a surprising number of times.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2015, 5:54 am

MORE PRESSURE on Otaku...MORE!!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2015, 2:57 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:
Try this:

This.

He's also a very nice boy. One time when I was all freaking out and depressed I posted my phone number on here and asked for somebody to just call me, I was that sad that just a stranger calling because they cared would help. He called me. The only interaction I had had with him before was me jumping on him about something I think. He even said he thought I disliked him but he wanted to call because he didn't like the idea of somebody being sad and not having somebody to care. That was the absolute sweetest thing anybody on here has ever done for me.

Although I might just "mom" him to the point where he would go ask her out just to shut me up. Annoying people so they get to the point where they will do anything if I just leave them alone works remarkably well. I actually got me and my best friend out of a very dangerous situation at a place where she went to buy her some dope by being that annoying to the one tweaker who had the gun. It was a risk, I know but I thought the chances of his kicking us out were greater than the chances of him just shooting me. I was careful and the risk paid off. First he wouldn't let us leave, then after hearing all about the Hadron Collider for entirely too long, he made us go.

So, if a tweaker with a gun will get so annoyed they just want me to shut up, I'm sure I can annoy Otaku into asking this chick out.

Or maybe I'll weasel her number out of him and I'll ask her out for him if he lets me. There are quite a few girls who think that is cute and it works a surprising number of times.

yes I remember that. ws really glad he did. I get so very anxious about phone calls. sorry I couldn't do that. I did offer comfort via e hugs though if I remember. despite you currently not liking me. I always thought you were a nice person. you seemd to defend me a few times in the past against those who can't be mentioned. do wish we could get along.

i tried messaging a few women yesterday, haven't' done that in years. didn't work out. not sure what I did wrong. probably they just found a better looking guy. takes a lot out of me to do that. the one on craigslist really stood out to me so I pured my heart into a detailed message, not just the , hi would you like to chat. but same result. :(

years ago i thought this lady at work was interested and tried to ask her hout, been ackward with her ever since. i do hope it goes well for him and she not just a touchy freindly type like that lady at my work is.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2015, 7:04 pm

sly279 wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:
Try this:

This.

yes I remember that. ws really glad he did. I get so very anxious about phone calls. sorry I couldn't do that. I did offer comfort via e hugs though if I remember. despite you currently not liking me. I always thought you were a nice person. you seemd to defend me a few times in the past against those who can't be mentioned. do wish we could get along.

i tried messaging a few women yesterday, haven't' done that in years. didn't work out. not sure what I did wrong. probably they just found a better looking guy. takes a lot out of me to do that. the one on craigslist really stood out to me so I pured my heart into a detailed message, not just the , hi would you like to chat. but same result. :(

years ago i thought this lady at work was interested and tried to ask her hout, been ackward with her ever since. i do hope it goes well for him and she not just a touchy freindly type like that lady at my work is.

I don't dislike you at all. I really dislike the attitude you have sometimes and the way you dig in so hard about insisting that absolutely nothing can be done about your situation when you don't even know what somebody was going to suggest. I also dislike your whole black and white only thinking. Yes, I KNOW it's a symptom of AS but it's something that you can overcome but it's hard. I'm still very prone to that even though I know logically that it's not correct, but it FEELS that way. I have to force myself to look at things from a different point of view. Eventually I'm able to believe and understand that things aren't the way I was thinking they were. The first step in learning to see things different is accepting the fact that you may possibly be wrong about how you see something. Like the "all women here only want a man with a good job". I'm not arguing the issue with you, it's futile to do that, but while it feels like that to you, and people have said things and you have observed things to make you believe that it's so, Can you not see how maybe some of the people who said that to you were speaking more metaphorically, and maybe some of them were just bitter because they couldn't find a girl, and maybe some were using "all women" as a kind of exaggeration to prove a point, and maybe women put that on their want ads for a boyfriend because they are asking for what they want not what they will accept, and maybe the reason you haven't met anybody who will go out with you yet has more to do with your social skills than your job and it's easier to let you believe thats what it is than explain in detail to you about your social skills, and maybe you are just assuming a lot because it seems that way to you? If you can look at what I said and see that maybe you have done that, not that you definately have, but that maybe you have misinterpreted it, then that is the first step toward changing how you see everything.

Look at it this way. What are the chances that about half the population where you live all have the same particular standard for a guy? If that were true and they did, how did the guys with no jobs and guys with crappy jobs actually get girls? Look at it logically and use a different variable in there instead of guys and jobs and you will see that it's kind of ridiculous to assume that the idea is true. We can use anything as a variable. Lets say that we are going to assume that all women where you live like rocky road ice cream and dislike strawberry. You have heard people say that women hate strawberry ice cream, you have never seen a woman eat or buy it, and you have offered it to many women and they don't want it. Would that lead you to believe that all women there disliked it or that all the women you have offered it to dislike it and maybe the ones you saw buying something else simply wanted something else. Sure some hate strawberry but some don't and others dont even have a preference. So, mathwise it would be very unlikely that they all felt the same way about ice cream. Same with jobs. Of course any woman is going to want her man to have a good job. She's also going to want him to be good looking and treat her nice. We don't always get what we want. If she's advertising for a boyfriend on a dating site then she's going to put the highest standards she wants in hopes somebody who meets those will answer her ad. Nobody is going to say "your employment status doesn't matter". I honestly think it's your social skills and the way you come across that is hurting you romantically.

Also, you seem a bit naive and willing to believe everything you are told about women, especially if it confirms some things that have happened to cause you to be in the situation you are in. You are more likely to see a guy with no job in a relationship than you are a guy with bad social skills in a relationship. The good news is that both of those things can be fixed. You have to wok on the negative attitude to do either one though. A lot of your attitude and way of thinking and wants and social skills are straight up textbook aspie and while that isn't curable a good bit of it is changable and can be worked around. While I changed how I look at things and how I act, my reflex and gut instinct is to go negative and black and white just like you do. I have to make myself not do it. The upside of that is while it was torturous hard work to learn how to do it and I still have to force myself to think differently about things many times because my feelings take me toward the negative, black and white way of thinking, I'm a whole lot happier when I make myself see things differently. Not just happier because of how other people react to me either. I'm happier because I can see options and possibilities that aren't there if I go with my feelings. I'm a lot happier when i realize that no, everybody at the doctors office doesn't hate me, I just called at a very busy time and I had a complicated problem and I wanted it solved right then and I snapped at everybody I talked to on the phone so they were ugly right back to me. That doesn't fix the fact that I didn't get the problem solved, but I feel better knowing what the actual reason was that they were b*****s - because they were busy, tired, and I was kinda bitchy first.

So anyway, I'm not gonna go on with this anymore. But I don't dislike you and I'd certainly stand up for you if I saw somebody jumping on you and I didn't think it was right. I'm very straight and to the point. Moreso here than I am in real life because here people aren't very good at taking hints or subtle things. I will also tell someone if I don't like them. There is no way that I could dislike someone here without telling them I don't or making it extremely clear to them that I don't. When I dislike somebody I don't give them advice or try to make them understand something. I basically just argue with them and insult them. I also completely ignore some people I dislike too. I see no reason to read anything they say and I know that if I read them I'll want to tell them off and I'll probably do that and all that will do is get me a warning and probably make them cry. It won't fix anything. While I do come across like a mean, bitchy lady, I'm not mean at all and I'm the old bitchy lady who usually has very good advice that willl help if it's followed. I'm kind of a tough love type. I'm tough love with my own kids too. When they were little I taught them to stand up for themselves and pushed them to do some things they didn't want to do but they had to learn it or it would be harder for them later on. While they didn't like it at the time they are very grateful for it now. And I wouldn't give anyone advice that I wouldn't follow myself and in some cases (like in the cases about learning to change aspects of yourself and your personality and looks) I've followed it to the letter myself.

So, I don't dislike you. Thanks for saying what you did. That was sweet.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2015, 10:29 pm

I've never said all women. I said most. as in a majority. as in there is a minority who doens't.
i wish you'd stop saying that I said all women. you're trying to make me sound bad. I don't like that.

doubt its my social skills as I don't talk ot women so they'd not be social interacting to notice bad social skills. see
not to say I don't have bad social skills all aspies do. its a social disorder. I'll only do as you ask if you do the same, so consider for a moment that maybe I'm telling the trurth and a majority of women say and post that .thats all I ask, its unfair to ask me to try to see your side when you're unwilling to see mine.
every date I've been on went great. so my social skills and confidence while on date must not be too terrible.

and the ones who say "these things are required to message me" are they just advertizing. and the ones who second they here what job I have are like, thats not good enough bye. are they also just advertizing. also why would they except less then they want until they've contacted or seen every guy on the site. mean do you settle at a grocery store before you've examined all the apples?
so what do i do. I need a woman who my employment status doesn't matter to them. reality is I may never work. if I do its going be a min wage job cashiering. lots of people dont' acheive great things, if they did the world would come to a stand still as no on e would work gas stations, grocery stores, etc. world needs those jobs.

i don't think its bad skills vs good skills. I've never disagreed that a social extrovert guy who is jobless couldn't find a gf. hes going at talking women into being with him. same reason why women beaters can get girls as well. if yo;ure good at selling yourself then you could be adolf hitler and still get a girl. I'm an introvert. I like socializing more then some other aspies but I get anxiety and I don't like big groups of people. I prefer one on one socializing

I learned last night at I'm actually far less aspie then others. apparently I'm more nt.

just wish you'd be willing to meet me in the middle. I would like help. I'm starting to feel so hopless. I've been going to voc rehab and they've been trying to help me and its been almost a year and they haven't been able to. its meaking me feel helpless, that theres' nothing anyone can do, i mean if the gov can't help even though they offer to bribe employees with tax credits, then what does that leave me. maybe I truely can't work. but I do I do ok at the store. so why is it no one else will hire me.

I could show you the texts I got and let you look at the ads and proflies. I would like help but I'm not going just go all the way to your view. i don't see how you would expect that, even if you're right you have to prove you view first not expect them to believe it then have it proved. I've tried messaging few women and Idk if they'll get back to me, honestly over a few hours and that usually means they won't. i've found when a woman is interested in you she gets back fast, but I don't think i've done anything wrong, just asked about their interests, I thought women liked talking about themselves?

maybe its only half the women. I'll never beleive that no women wnat and say that. I've seen to many of them do it to ever beleive that nonsense. thts all I'm saying. even aspie women on here say it.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2015, 10:36 pm

I'm really trying to meet you on a middle ground :S