Page 11 of 13 [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 2:33 pm

ZD wrote:
I met my current partner in a pub we both had been eyeing each other up for weeks. She eventually spoke to me at the bar and it went from there. Probably over soon though she can't deal with me.

she made the first move, as in approached and talked to you first?

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 2:34 am

Is there a site to go to meet men for people like me? I don't mean dating sites, I want a guy in my life.

ZD
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 4:11 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
ZD wrote:
I met my current partner in a pub we both had been eyeing each other up for weeks. She eventually spoke to me at the bar and it went from there. Probably over soon though she can't deal with me.

She was at the bar and so was I. She spoke to me though which you could consider the first move. We were both drunk at the time but I would still never have spoken to her first.

ZD
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 4:16 am

InsomniaGrl wrote:
ZD wrote:

Oh really, what is she finding hard about you?

Usual stuff for on here

Don't speak all the time, Distant, Hide my emotions, Mood swings, Can be verbally abusive (but I think this maybe a form of melt down and I am lashing out and don't mean what I say), Hide things from her (I am just very private and don't want people touching / knowing things sometimes)

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 5:39 am

ZD wrote:
InsomniaGrl wrote:
ZD wrote:

Usual stuff for on here

Don't speak all the time, Distant, Hide my emotions, Mood swings, Can be verbally abusive (but I think this maybe a form of melt down and I am lashing out and don't mean what I say), Hide things from her (I am just very private and don't want people touching / knowing things sometimes)

Yeah sounds quite common on here. Do you think it is all ASD or anything else. Its tempting to think of everything being ASD, which may be the case for a lot of relationship problems. Though it could be how you feel about the person you are with or something else? Do you know what i mean?

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 5:40 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
Is there a site to go to meet men for people like me? I don't mean dating sites, I want a guy in my life.

Have you given up on dating sites like OK cupid, the best of the bunch it seems. or do you feel they are just not for you?

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 7:12 am

I'm hesitant to say this but yes there are dating sites for autistic persons.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 12:17 pm

ZD wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
ZD wrote:

She was at the bar and so was I. She spoke to me though which you could consider the first move. We were both drunk at the time but I would still never have spoken to her first.

so in other words, yes, she was the one who did the initial approach

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 1:58 pm

InsomniaGrl wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

Have you given up on dating sites like OK cupid, the best of the bunch it seems. or do you feel they are just not for you?

I tried different dating sites, the men can be hard to handle. I did like Ok Cupid.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 2:23 pm

. I did like Ok Cupid.[/quote]

That's a start. Myself, I've shyed away from dating sites since, I'm not the most photogenic of persons as well, I've never done a very comprehensive or detailed manner of describing myself, yet I think your opportunities will be very good indeed. :salut:

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 5:54 pm

Maybe I was on the wrong dating sites, the men can be too pushy. I haven't been on a dating site in years, I took a long break from men.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 5:58 pm

Kitty 4670, I sincerely like your avatar.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 6:25 pm

Thanks! I love penguins & dolphins.

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 7:47 pm

I tried many different dating websites. The dating scene here in Australia is pretty much a same in other western nations. I tried Okcupid twice, Eharmony once, Tinder once (only lasted 3 days), PoF twice and Match twice. I tried them all in past 4 years. Never worked. Never got close to arranging a date yet. I didn't do anything wrong. Its just women being superficial and narrow minded when choosing guys.

They tend to judge the guy's picture of how awesome I am. I am clean, happy, mature and committed. My profile says wanting a relationship and entails of my activities, interests, experiences and related information. I showed my profiles to my friends few times and they said it is all good.

In return, it just women doesn't understand what they are doing. Turning 25 in February coming up. Now I understand why women are mistreating me its because being young adult is primarily of lost women. They actively seeking mature, committed and well behaved guy at the same time they are encountering casual relationships that they get abused, cheated on and that. They still don't get it.

I don't know when women start to think clearly when choosing someone. It seems like their priorities based on physical sexual attractions rather than intelligence, maturity, commitments and that. They still can have sex with this kind of guy who have the goods. That they would never hurt their girlfriends.

I will never go back to dating websites again. I find it such a turn off because its superficial, profile based on physical appearances and sexual attraction, not mutually exclusive to their outlooks, and wasting time and money on not achieving dates that the purpose is to seek.

Best alternative than dating websites is go to places that doesn't have a superficial label on it. Go places and events that doesn't say 'dating, relationships and sex'. I hang and meet women from meetup events, sporting events, interest groups and that. It so much easier to get a conversation with them in reality. They don't judge you by its cover like the way of these dating websites do all the time.

ZD
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 8:28 am

InsomniaGrl wrote:
ZD wrote:
InsomniaGrl wrote:
ZD wrote:

Usual stuff for on here

Yeah sounds quite common on here. Do you think it is all ASD or anything else. Its tempting to think of everything being ASD, which may be the case for a lot of relationship problems. Though it could be how you feel about the person you are with or something else? Do you know what i mean?

I know my environment isn't helping me personally at the moment to much chaos. That is work and home I have tried to tell her and we need to move I need a bigger house so I can have space she doesn't get why that would help. It hasn't helped when I have had my outbursts I keep saying I need to move out. Work too much is changing people environment things I am working on, wish I could just quit work for a year or something and concentrate on my own projects.

Guess I do know what you mean its out of my hands though.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2015, 12:53 pm

i feel very sorry for this man here, he should have given up already still being a virgin and single at age 33:http://www.themodernman.com/neverbeenwithwoman.html