Page 12 of 13 [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Anneliese
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Dec 2015, 7:39 pm

I met my last guy on a night out, we were out with mutual friends and he asked me to dance right at the end, then he found me on Facebook.

bamsaidthelady
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Dec 2015, 2:14 am

Found my only real gf so far on OKC. Several other dates from that, POF, one conversation on Tinder that went somewhere and led to a date, and one *ahem* other site....

Hermus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Dec 2015, 2:37 pm

Trying to meet sexual partners through dating sites, mainly Dutch ones. At the moment it seems to be working quite well.

Last edited by Hermus on 22 Dec 2015, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2015, 3:18 pm

kazanscube wrote:
. I did like Ok Cupid.

That's a start. Myself, I've shyed away from dating sites since, I'm not the most photogenic of persons as well, I've never done a very comprehensive or detailed manner of describing myself, yet I think your opportunities will be very good indeed. :salut:[/quote]

Thats a photogenic avatar :)

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2015, 4:09 pm

InsomniaGirl, you'll have to excuse as the previous image within the avatar area was/is not me.. In fact, I've only showed or presented what I actually look like on very rare occasions. In fact, months ago, I did have an image of my profile(face wise) but, eventually removed it as, I felt disheartened by responses.Anyways, these days I simply stay away from dating sites of any sorts rather I simply keep to myself though, I'm not hermetic nor anti-social just, had wound up dragging myself into the ground from trying to honorably make friendship(s) which could possibly though not literally evolve into something of a romantic partnership.

I hope I've stated my point clearly for, If I did not I don't mind try to do a clarification as such.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2015, 5:49 pm

I forgot I did meet one man from a dating site & I did run into a creep at the hang out club where they have pool tables & other things, the creep was hitting on me.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 3:46 am

I honestly feel the past 2 and a half years, I never tried re-attempted online dating again due to my past negative results with it, but I guess I should realize that my past should not equal my future.

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 8:02 am

kazanscube wrote:
InsomniaGirl, you'll have to excuse as the previous image within the avatar area was/is not me.. In fact, I've only showed or presented what I actually look like on very rare occasions. In fact, months ago, I did have an image of my profile(face wise) but, eventually removed it as, I felt disheartened by responses.Anyways, these days I simply stay away from dating sites of any sorts rather I simply keep to myself though, I'm not hermetic nor anti-social just, had wound up dragging myself into the ground from trying to honorably make friendship(s) which could possibly though not literally evolve into something of a romantic partnership.

I hope I've stated my point clearly for, If I did not I don't mind try to do a clarification as such.

Disheartened by responses? Unless people were coming out and being out and out rude, maybe the responses were not as bad as you think. What was the response you felt you didn't like?

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 8:10 am

ZD wrote:
InsomniaGrl wrote:
ZD wrote:
InsomniaGrl wrote:
ZD wrote:
I met my current partner in a pub we both had been eyeing each other up for weeks. She eventually spoke to me at the bar and it went from there. Probably over soon though she can't deal with me.

Oh really, what is she finding hard about you?

Usual stuff for on here

Don't speak all the time, Distant, Hide my emotions, Mood swings, Can be verbally abusive (but I think this maybe a form of melt down and I am lashing out and don't mean what I say), Hide things from her (I am just very private and don't want people touching / knowing things sometimes)

Yeah sounds quite common on here. Do you think it is all ASD or anything else. Its tempting to think of everything being ASD, which may be the case for a lot of relationship problems. Though it could be how you feel about the person you are with or something else? Do you know what i mean?

I know my environment isn't helping me personally at the moment to much chaos. That is work and home I have tried to tell her and we need to move I need a bigger house so I can have space she doesn't get why that would help. It hasn't helped when I have had my outbursts I keep saying I need to move out. Work too much is changing people environment things I am working on, wish I could just quit work for a year or something and concentrate on my own projects.

Guess I do know what you mean its out of my hands though.

I hope it works out well, a lot of women would really appreciate someone who makes an effort to be financially practical, and consider the impact of of practical living arrangements.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 9:17 pm

Phone dating (as in, recorded ads on a phone line back in the day, rather than Tinder or the like). Other dates/relationships were through personals in the back of a music magazine, and more recently through OKCupid and Plenty of Fish.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2015, 9:49 pm

I'm actually trying Tinder now that I have a smartphone. It isn't quite so "hookup" dominated like I thought it might be, thank god. Two days in and no results so far. Only seen two individuals so far that I'd be interested in, here's to hoping they still check into tinder every now and again. I've got absolutely no expectations though, so I can only get pleasantly surprised with no let down.

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2015, 6:20 am

Hopper wrote:
Phone dating (as in, recorded ads on a phone line back in the day, rather than Tinder or the like). Other dates/relationships were through personals in the back of a music magazine, and more recently through OKCupid and Plenty of Fish.

Phone dating sounds a bit romantic now.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2015, 7:47 am

InsomniaGrl wrote:
Hopper wrote:

Phone dating sounds a bit romantic now.

It does, and there's certainly a particular intrigue and intimacy in a disembodied voice.

But then I remember the men who messaged me inviting me to sleep with wives they had probably never had, and were likely jerking off while telling me what I could do to their non-existent spouses.

So, swings and roundabouts. :)

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2015, 4:18 pm

Feyokien wrote:
I'm actually trying Tinder now that I have a smartphone. It isn't quite so "hookup" dominated like I thought it might be, thank god. Two days in and no results so far. Only seen two individuals so far that I'd be interested in, here's to hoping they still check into tinder every now and again. I've got absolutely no expectations though, so I can only get pleasantly surprised with no let down.

And account deleted. Just felt wrong sifting through people like that. I think I'm just going to get a dug.

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 5:16 am

Feyokien wrote:
Feyokien wrote:

And account deleted. Just felt wrong sifting through people like that. I think I'm just going to get a dug.

I want a dug :lol:

ZD
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2016, 4:22 am

InsomniaGrl wrote:
I hope it works out well, a lot of women would really appreciate someone who makes an effort to be financially practical, and consider the impact of of practical living arrangements.

It hasn't worked out well, she has moved back to her mums. I have the feeling she is seeing someone else.