What does it mean when a girl gives you an air kiss?

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

c700
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jul 2015, 4:17 pm

So there's a girl who's 4 years older than me. She's a part of my social circle, and we have many acquaintances in common. We don't talk very much, though.

I sometimes catch her looking at me. Today, she gave me an air kiss. What does it mean, if anything at all?

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 4:37 pm

I would say she has a crush on you, most likely.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 5:22 pm

I would say that's true.

No girl ever "air-kissed" me like that!

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 11:37 pm

Never seen that one before. Shoot her one back, and see how she reacts...just don't give her too much tounge. :P

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 1:45 am

Catlover5 wrote:
I would say she has a crush on you, most likely.

Agreed. At least when it is combined with looking a lot at him, otherwise it might be teasing only.

c700
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jul 2015, 6:07 am

What am I supposed to do in this case if I'm attracted to the said girl?
And I can't be very sure about the fact that she's interested. What if she looked at me several times by accident, or out of curiosity?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 9:18 am

Start TALKING to her. Find out what she's interested in. Talk to her about your family. Ask about her family.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 9:32 am

That's up to you. I'd continue with flirting for a while before making any other contact, while others might think talking to her would be better.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 9:34 am

LOL...there's only so much flirting one can do before one evolves into the next step.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 9:47 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
LOL...there's only so much flirting one can do before one evolves into the next step.

I used to be able to stay in that stage for years. I realize I overdid it, but still, it worked for me and the girls didn't lose interest. :mrgreen:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 1:57 pm

Whenever I have visited a club, many of the bartenders were so nice and flirty, that flirting with them back was just practice for me.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 2:38 pm

I remember it only as a way to make fun of me.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 2:56 pm

Guys...guys...guys....

I don't believe how naive all of you.

A girl's real interest is never expressed in a one single behavior, be it an air kiss, or a hug, or whatsoever.

If this "Air kiss" is not followed up by other flirty behaviors, textings (especially texting good mornings/nights), trying to find every opportunity to sit in proximity, suggesting outings to him (creating opportunities to spend more time with them), introducing him to her friends... then this "Air kiss" was just that: an air kiss and it means nothing, it would be just a tease act or just something flirty-friendly she does to any male friend.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 4:26 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
If this "Air kiss" is not followed up by other flirty behaviors, textings (especially texting good mornings/nights), trying to find every opportunity to sit in proximity, suggesting outings to him (creating opportunities to spend more time with them), introducing him to her friends... then this "Air kiss" was just that: an air kiss and it means nothing, it would be just a tease act or just something flirty-friendly she does to any male friend.

Agreed, but what's wrong with looking a lot at the guy? That is a flirty behavior.

c700
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jul 2015, 4:45 pm

Here's an update. What do these mean?:

-she invited me to talk to her alone, and made long eye contact while talking
-she proposed a massage to me, since she's a kinesiotherapy student; I was very hesitant to accept, made excuses not to, etc. since I dislike physical contact. However, I ended up accepting it under some conditions.
-while I was trying to get away from the massage part, she said, "It can be useful to learn it, to give it to your future girlfriends, for example".

???

What does it mean at all, if anything. I don't see any meaning at all. And I keep catching her looking at me rather often when we're nearby.

What am I supposed to do now, if I want to have a relationship with this woman? Is it possible at all? I doubt she's interested.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 4:54 pm

She blew you a kiss?

Air kiss is when people 'kiss' the cheeks without touching. It is the sort of thing you might see in Hollywood.

I would say she is being affectionate with you based on what you said.

Certainly there is some interest there.