Why are Scandinavian features becoming a minority?

Page 1 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2015, 3:37 pm

Gee, I wish I didn't have to travel all the way to Scandinavia just to find a physically desirable partner. I don't want to seem that desperate. But I absolutely love Scandinavian features. Unfortunately I believe these features are becoming obsolete sooner than later. Who knows, even in Scandinavia they might already start disappearing.

I feel like a totally bad person because I believe that people want white features to disappear on off the planet. :(

Only if you have Hispanic or Asian features, it's OK.

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2015, 4:27 pm

OP wrote:
Why Are Scandinavian Features Becoming A Minority?
Are they becoming a minority? I didn't know that..

alex
Developer
Developer

31 Oct 2015, 4:33 pm

What do you mean? There's plenty of scandanavians in the world. They're not going away so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2015, 4:57 pm

Actually a lot of us are just strange, hence being hard to find. I'm 1/2 Norsk, right now I can't decide if I want to live in a cabin somewhere here in the wild west, Amsterdam or Tokyo. You're admiring a very self-aware culture as a whole, so keep in mind that while Nordic people display a lot of reverence to their history, that's due to how much it informs the individual. Take for example the Lutheran conversion - it all just came down to people, so now there are lots of Nordic Lutherans, while those of us who identify with the wider reach of the Norse diaspora (& do some research) are more likely to be pantheistic. Those people knew what was happening to Europe as a whole, so they preserved the traditions they could in a completely alien doctrine. St. Lucia's day is a good example.

We never weren't a minority.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 4:00 am

genetics.
a lot of scandinavian features are what is called "resessive", which means that with "mixed race" parents, the non-scandinavian features will have a significantly larger chance of showing than the scandinavian ones

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 10:40 am

izzeme wrote:
genetics.
a lot of scandinavian features are what is called "resessive", which means that with "mixed race" parents, the non-scandinavian features will have a significantly larger chance of showing than the scandinavian ones

The recessive genes of red/blonde hair, blue/grey eyes can resurface in people's looks, though. My maternal grandmother is 1/2 Algonquin, and there is a significant amount of French Canadian in that branch of my family. My mom's 3 elder sisters are olive complected and dark haired, while my mom has auburn hair and blue eyes.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 3:23 pm

Well, the Hungarian Prime Minister believes that there is a deliberate conspiracy of the behind the scenes money men to destroy European culture. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3297431/Hungarian-Prime-Minister-accuses-billionaire-investor-George-Soros-trying-undermine-Europe-supporting-refugees-travelling-Middle-East.html
I had thought that all those refugees, from many different countries, couldn't have all decided at the same time to come to Europe, somebody behind the scenes must have organised it, and for what purpose?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 3:26 pm

I was somewhat under the impression Scanidnavians where never a majority per say. I mean its not like it was ever some highly populated place, its a harsh climate and landscape so its never been a huge population.

Nocturnus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Nov 2015, 4:24 pm

If they become extinct, there are always nude mods for Skyrim (based on Scandanavia).

Mjoll the lioness awaits you.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 4:47 pm

*insert joke about volunteering for the Scandinavian Preservation Breeding Program here.*

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 5:42 pm

(Note: Once again , I pushed tyhe wrong button , and this went up as a " new Topic " instead of the " Reply " it was intended as . Could a moderator just switch this to the " Scandanavian features " line , please ?????????

...I identify as a , by American terms , " WASP " ~ I've been told I look rather as if I were Welsh , which I sort identify with anyway , as if some Welshness (which I know was already there ~ General British Isles mix , as far as who came over to America , and I think " we've " been here for centuries) in recession really came out in me ~ I've been told I looked sorta Scand/Swede , too , so ????? Wanna ? :mrgreen:

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 5:44 pm

...I put up an answer to you on this and accidentally pushed " new Topic " instead , you could look for it if Ye Mods don't do as I ask and put it in here........... :wink:

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 6:01 pm

K_Kelly wrote:
Gee, I wish I didn't have to travel all the way to Scandinavia just to find a physically desirable partner. I don't want to seem that desperate. But I absolutely love Scandinavian features. Unfortunately I believe these features are becoming obsolete sooner than later. Who knows, even in Scandinavia they might already start disappearing.

I feel like a totally bad person because I believe that people want white features to disappear on off the planet. :(

Only if you have Hispanic or Asian features, it's OK.

Are you Scandinavian, please?

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 6:15 pm

Is it the Nordic/Viking look you're going for? If so, there are plenty of people with those features living in the lands they raided and settled. Particularly England/Scotland/Ireland. Many Americans whose ancestors came from England and Ireland also have that appearance.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 6:17 pm

Blue eyes, blondeness, paleness, are all recessive traits - ie. a dark hair person with a blond person are more likely to breed dark hair kids...etc.

Anything dark is a dominant trait genetically, including eyes, skin and hair.

So the more they open to the world, the less these traits become.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 6:28 pm

By "recessive", it means the kids with one blue + one brown gene would look having brown eyes (maybe by a lighter shade).