Do you think women have it easier getting a relationship?

Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Do you think women on average have it easier getting a relationship?
I'm a man and yes 52%  52%  [ 11 ]
I'm a man and they both have it equally difficult 19%  19%  [ 4 ]
I'm a man and men have it easier. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'm a woman and yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'm a woman and they both have it equally difficult. 24%  24%  [ 5 ]
I'm a woman and men have it easier. 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 21

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2015, 9:50 pm

In general, do you think women have an easier time getting a relationship compared to men?

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2015, 10:18 pm

I think it's easier for women to get into a relationship of unknown quality.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2015, 10:20 pm

But a very very attractive man probably has it easier than most women.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2015, 11:29 pm

Women

Pros

1. Have more prospects which means more men are willing to date them
2. Don't have to approach, men will approach them.
3. There's more women considered attractive than men considered attractive, especially in the young stages.
4. Don't have to pay for first dates.
5. Men are not as picky when it comes to women they want to get with. Meaning there's more women considered dateable then men considered dateable.
6. Could easily get sex if they wanted to.
7. Your online dating profile will receive tons of messages.

Cons

1. Have to deal with being hit on by people they don't like much more often and dealing with creepers.
2. Being an ugly woman is a bigger handicap then being an ugly man since men place a higher emphasis on looks.
3. Being an obese chick is a big turn off.

Men

Pros

1. Can talk about how many b*****s they've f****d and not get slut shamed.
2. Don't have to deal with being hit on by people they don't like or creepers as much compared to women.
3. Looks isn't everything to a woman so ugly guys still have a shot of getting with hot babes.

Cons

1. Usually have to approach first which means shy guys have it harder.
2. Women are more picky compared to men in whom they would consider dating.
3. Have to pay for first dates.
4. Online dating is harder since you're probably one of 20 guys competing for one girl.
5. There's more ugly guys then there are ugly girls.
6. There's more male virgins at older ages then female virgins at older ages and female virgins are much more likely to be virgins by choice.
7. Can't get sex as easily.
8. Shy and unconfident males ALWAYS finish last.
9. Can get easily friend-zoned.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2015, 11:53 pm

darkphantomx1 wrote:
Women

Pros

1. Have more prospects which means more men are willing to date them
2. Don't have to approach, men will approach them.
3. There's more women considered attractive than men considered attractive, especially in the young stages.
4. Don't have to pay for first dates.
5. Men are not as picky when it comes to women they want to get with. Meaning there's more women considered dateable then men considered dateable.
6. Could easily get sex if they wanted to.
7. Your online dating profile will receive tons of messages.

Cons

1. Have to deal with being hit on by people they don't like much more often and dealing with creepers.
2. Being an ugly woman is a bigger handicap then being an ugly man since men place a higher emphasis on looks.
3. Being an obese chick is a big turn off.

Men

Pros

1. Can talk about how many b*****s they've f****d and not get slut shamed.
2. Don't have to deal with being hit on by people they don't like or creepers as much compared to women.
3. Looks isn't everything to a woman so ugly guys still have a shot of getting with hot babes.

Cons

1. Usually have to approach first which means shy guys have it harder.
2. Women are more picky compared to men in whom they would consider dating.
3. Have to pay for first dates.
4. Online dating is harder since you're probably one of 20 guys competing for one girl.
5. There's more ugly guys then there are ugly girls.
6. There's more male virgins at older ages then female virgins at older ages and female virgins are much more likely to be virgins by choice.
7. Can't get sex as easily.
8. Shy and unconfident males ALWAYS finish last.
9. Can get easily friend-zoned.

I'm not sure about Women's cons 2 and 3, I think they just have to lower their standards. But instead you should add that some guys at times are only interested in sex and can fake romance. In a similar way, sometimes women are only interested in status/money. Of course the reverse can happen and other thing we didn't take into account too, but these are the stereotypes more or less.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 12:59 am

Women have it just as hard as men. Hasn't this topic already been covered like a million times already? I actually think women are a little bit too easy and fast these days. I'm on a dating web site and this one guy said in his intro that he'd rather talk to women than just have them send him their phone numbers to text. I think that's pretty forward giving your phone number without even knowing the person. Makes it hard for the rest of us women who would like to take things a little slow. It seems now the guys are expecting the women to be super forward. I'll send out one email if i like a certain guy and if he doesn't respond then I'm on to the next one. Most will probably end up staying single.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 1:23 am

I basically don't know...

dobyfm
Toucan
Toucan

19 Nov 2015, 8:24 am

This I am not sure of. I think it comes down to the individual. Some people get into relationships quickly while others struggle to even get a date.

nurseangela wrote:
Women have it just as hard as men. Hasn't this topic already been covered like a million times already? I actually think women are a little bit too easy and fast these days. I'm on a dating web site and this one guy said in his intro that he'd rather talk to women than just have them send him their phone numbers to text. I think that's pretty forward giving your phone number without even knowing the person. Makes it hard for the rest of us women who would like to take things a little slow. It seems now the guys are expecting the women to be super forward. I'll send out one email if i like a certain guy and if he doesn't respond then I'm on to the next one. Most will probably end up staying single.

I suppose because texting is the new way now.

Being forward is beneficial though because some men don't like waiting around and much rather see from the start if the woman is the one for them.

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 8:33 am

All they have to do is ask.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 10:07 am

I think women have an easier time getting initial dates...or hook ups with guys just interested in sleeping with them, but not so much real lasting relationships. I'd say as far as actually forming a relationship females and males have similar difficulty but it varies depending on the person. But yes it seems as a rule its easier for women to get dates...of course there are certainly exceptions.

Klowglas
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 10:32 am

Yes and No.

Women are not content with average guys -- remember -- women biologically and historically DATE UP (hypergamy)

When you date up, you want BETTER THAN AVERAGE.

Whereas a male is perfectly content with an average or even below average woman, very few are going to perform good enough for an above average woman.

A woman's idea of a relationship, therefor, is much different than a man's idea of a relationship, they are both gong to be hard pressed to get what they want, this leads to average guys dating below average women, and average women dating above average guys. The super-hotties that are left are going for the top 20% of males who are the kings of the jungle.

It's not easy for a woman to secure a top 20% male, since this kind of male has plenty of access to sex from a panoply of women -- he can't be manipulated through sex like the average male can -- just as it's not easy for an average guy to secure an average or above average woman.

It's hard for both genders because they have distinct requirements as governed by our biology, what the man wants is not what the woman wants and vice versa.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 10:33 am

Many people have many different notions as to what's "average" and what's not "average."

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 10:42 am

In terms of prospects? Women of course, it's not even close. Unless you're famous of course. In terms of getting sex? Women definitely.

Also women tend to be pickier prospect wise. A man may consider anywhere from 50-75% women from his age group to be dateable/f***able. While for women, she may consider only 10-25% to be dateable/f***able.

In their late teens all the way to late 20s, women pretty much rule the dating scene. If you're a woman in your 20s, don't take your power over men for granted. You're at your peak beauty right now.

Last edited by darkphantomx1 on 19 Nov 2015, 11:41 am, edited 5 times in total.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 10:46 am

Taking the passive roles (while still having the option to take the active one if that backfires) is obviously more easy than having to take the active one.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 10:48 am

I have trouble taking the passive role. I like to take the bull by its horns.

In lovemaking, though, I'd rather look at a woman's face than her tushey.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2015, 10:54 am

Klowglas wrote:
Yes and No.

Women are not content with average guys -- remember -- women biologically and historically DATE UP (hypergamy)

When you date up, you want BETTER THAN AVERAGE.

Whereas a male is perfectly content with an average or even below average woman, very few are going to perform good enough for an above average woman.

A woman's idea of a relationship, therefor, is much different than a man's idea of a relationship, they are both gong to be hard pressed to get what they want, this leads to average guys dating below average women, and average women dating above average guys. The super-hotties that are left are going for the top 20% of males who are the kings of the jungle.

It's not easy for a woman to secure a top 20% male, since this kind of male has plenty of access to sex from a panoply of women -- he can't be manipulated through sex like the average male can -- just as it's not easy for an average guy to secure an average or above average woman.

It's hard for both genders because they have distinct requirements as governed by our biology, what the man wants is not what the woman wants and vice versa.

Nothing you've stated has anything to do with biology, I think women looking for status and above averageness...comes from history of women having to depend on males. Obviously if you don't have the right to work or provide for yourself you're going to feel the need for a man who can do that easily enough....I say it traces back to social constructs not biology.

That said I've never cared much of high status, or dating 'up' I am with the boyfriend I have because I care about him and we get along awesome and enjoy a lot of the same things I am not with him in the hopes he'll 'provide for me' or increase my social status the way I see it we'll likely end up helping each other financially probably both go in on a place to live eventually. I certainly would not leave him for someone better off financially, because there are feelings I am not in the relationship just to get the most material stuff I can. So yeah its obnoxious when you pretend 'biology' dictates that that women are essentially greedy pigs, and guys just want love....that's not it at all.