Question about Disclosing my aspergers

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Gauldivic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Nov 2015, 8:21 pm

Well here I am again lol. I have been talking to this girl on eHarmony and I was wondering if/and/or/when should I let her know that I have aspergers?

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 4:28 am

I personally would wait untill you have had at least 1 succesful offline date, and tell them in person.
This means: disclose near the end of the 2nd or 3rd date. At that point, she knows you well enough to doubt any negative stereotypes she might have.

The first date is a bit early, but might be appropriate, if you feel like you made (too) many mistakes, but don't wait untill the end in that case: do it around half-way so you have time to explain.
The 4th date is too late, you will have shared several secrets and personality quirks, and aspergers is a big one.

During the online messaging (before the first date) is way too early: the stereotypes about aspergers are such that disclosing before actually meeting will (most likely) scare her away

dobyfm
Toucan
Toucan

30 Nov 2015, 2:25 pm

Honestly, it should be whenever you are comfortable with letting her know.

Remember: If she seems bothered by it then it is not your problem. It just means she was not the right one for you.

Pineapplejuicex
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Nov 2015, 2:27 pm

After 2-3 dates is what usually do. Not so early to scare them off, not so late as to have lied about it.