How do I kill my love for someone?

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 9:07 pm

I know some of you people think I'm sick in the head but I cannot stop to think about this girl who was in my class two years ago. I asked her out at the time online but she only replied 5-6 months later with a simple "No." I was really pissed at her for a while but then my anger came to dust.

I check her facebook page almost daily to check if she has new pictures; She's so beautiful. But the problem is I'm out of her "social cast". Because she's pretty, she gets all the attention from douchebags, normal guys and others alike. Why would she like someone like me? I'm skinny as a holocaust survivor don't know how to manipulate girls like every other guy does.

How do I stop to love her?

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 9:13 pm

First off, I would unfriend her on Facebook so you aren't tempted to continue going to her page. She already told you no, and it doesn't sound like you want to be just friends even if you are friends. Getting some distance will help to speed along the process of getting over her. Don't talk to her at school. If you see her coming, go the other way. Bury yourself in activities that interest you. Start a project that will consume your time.

There's no real cure other than time in getting over someone. The trick is how to get through the process. The best way is to try and keep your mind occupied on other things.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 9:16 pm

nerdygirl wrote:
First off, I would unfriend her on Facebook so you aren't tempted to continue going to her page. She already told you no, and it doesn't sound like you want to be just friends even if you are friends. Getting some distance will help to speed along the process of getting over her. Don't talk to her at school. If you see her coming, go the other way. Bury yourself in activities that interest you. Start a project that will consume your time.

There's no real cure other than time in getting over someone. The trick is how to get through the process. The best way is to try and keep your mind occupied on other things.

She unfriended me long ago. We're not "friends" in real life either.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 9:18 pm

Have you tried focussing more on the other girls?

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 9:20 pm

Earthling wrote:

No. Even if I started to right now, I haven't intentionally talked to any in the four last years. I don't think I can change how I am.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 9:22 pm

I rather meant find beauty in the other girls.

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 9:22 pm

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-over-a-Crush

This might interest you.

It is also good to keep in mind that you probably don't love her, there is a difference between love and infatuation. It is also good to recognize that your crush is wasting your time. Infatuation is a powerful force, it often causes irrationality and delusion.

You are wasting your time with this girl, she is not interested in you. You must accept that and move on.

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 9:25 pm

Earthling wrote:

There are one or two. Most of the others are short, fat and have annoying witch-like voices.

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 9:34 pm

Earthling wrote:

What are you trying to get at?

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider

Pileo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 9:45 pm

Quote:
she gets all the attention from douchebags, normal guys and other fa***ts alike. Why would she like someone like me? I'm skinny as a holocaust survivor don't know how to manipulate girls like every other guy does

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
Earthling wrote:

There are one or two. Most of the others are short, fat and have annoying witch-like voices.

From your responses, I don't blame her for not liking you. My advice is to find a therapist, because not getting over a crush is not your biggest problem. Your problem is your piss poor attitude. You sound like a real d-canoe.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 9:49 pm

Rudin wrote:
Earthling wrote:

I was hoping he could shift his attention to someone who will love him back.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 9:56 pm

Earthling wrote:
Rudin wrote:
Earthling wrote:

I was hoping he could shift his attention to someone who will love him back.

The problem is they all have boyfriends and like to f**k with older guys.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 9:59 pm

You know if the guys in your class have girlfriends?

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 10:11 pm

Pileo wrote:
Quote:
she gets all the attention from douchebags, normal guys and other fa***ts alike. Why would she like someone like me? I'm skinny as a holocaust survivor don't know how to manipulate girls like every other guy does

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
Earthling wrote:

From your responses, I don't blame her for not liking you. My advice is to find a therapist, because not getting over a crush is not your biggest problem. Your problem is your piss poor attitude. You sound like a real d-canoe.

QFT.

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 10:12 pm

you have to remind yourself that there is absolutely nothing you can do, and even if you try to date her even though she said no, you will get into trouble for being pushy and not taking no for an answer......also, you should really stop looking at her facebook photos because it will only kill you more....like earthling said, try looking for beauty in other girls...but believe me, i can relate, as this has happened to me MANY times before, so just know that you're not alone poutine...

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 12:03 am

A: It seems kinds disrespectful to resent beauty.
B: How long could it possibly take to realize another girl looks better to you?

-Gem Tos :mrgreen: