Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Brundisium
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Apr 2007, 3:05 am

I often wonder how any girl could possibly want to be with a slightly crazy, eccentric aspie artist?

I feel doomed to being more than anyone could handle.

Anyone else feel similarly?

Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2007, 3:08 am

Yeah, I know what you mean. Guys always want sex but as soon as they realize I'm totally dysfunctional they're out. I don't know what I'd do if I ever lost my husband. I feel like no one else would want me- not for keeps anyway. Snagging my man was a million-to-one shot, plus I adore him.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2007, 3:44 am

That's how I feel about my wife. Too bad she gave up on me.

Spiritualwoman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Apr 2007, 5:16 am

I feel it is quite impossible to find anybody compatible with me....my only hope is a miracle...

SunChild1969
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Apr 2007, 5:30 am

Brundisium wrote:
I often wonder how any girl could possibly want to be with a slightly crazy, eccentric aspie artist?

Actually that sounds a lot like the type of guy I would want.

I like your avatar, did you paint that?

Brundisium
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Apr 2007, 6:08 am

SunChild1969 wrote:
Brundisium wrote:

Actually that sounds a lot like the type of guy I would want.

I like your avatar, did you paint that?

Nope, it's just a picture I found while sprucing up my myspace.

When I say artist I mean musician/writer.

You want a crazy guy?

lol.

:lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2007, 7:38 am

How about a wild woman, with spiked, green hair? :lol:

Popeye
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Apr 2007, 9:41 am

And thought that i was weird wondering why anyone would want to try to put up with me. I have had 3 failed marriages and still trying. But I have to believe that it can work for me. The world is full of strangers searching for a friend. :lol: :o

RadiationHazard
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2007, 9:44 am

I wonder the exactly the same thing. How do you tollerate someone like me in that kind of intimate manner? Damn near impossible I think. Only solution is someone as half-cocked as me, which I doubt even exists.

Dr. Chase: I'm Australian.

Dr. House: You put the Queen on your money, you're British.

GeomAsp
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Apr 2007, 9:47 am

We all (especially aspies) feel like that sometimes. But i think we are in the right place to meet people like us. So don´t give up trying.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2007, 9:56 am

That's exactly how I feel. How can any man tolerate a crazy cat lady, someone with unusual interests for a person my age and a medical condition that, if I disclosed, would scare people away. (I have a mild seizure disorder, fortunately completely under control with medication, but would anyone want to marry and have children with me?) Also, I think of the health of any future children. I'm healthy, but would my children be as fortunate?

Iruka
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Apr 2007, 10:01 am

I've decided that I will probably be alone. But being alone is tiresome, if I meet someone I like I will pursue them. Otherwise after college when I've worked for a few years and I am in good financial standing I will buy a wife from another country. I think that is the only way things could work out for me.

In general I find most American women have poor values making it hard to find one I'm compatible with (not to say most American men don't have poor values but thats another story). They have this princess persona, that they are vastly better then anyone else and should be treated like a princess. I'm looking for companionship, not to be somebody elses servant. Relationship is give and take, I don't think too many people aspie or NT understand that concept...

azsxdc
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Apr 2007, 10:37 am

No doubt the world is infested with people like that, but there is somebody for everybody. You just have to remain faithful that you will find someone that will appreciate your abstract interests and quirks, there are women like that. You just need to remain faithful that you'll find one, and eventually, you will. Love works in mysterious ways my friend, just have hope. :)

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2007, 11:16 am

Another take on my username...it would take a very special and pure of heart man to find the Grail :P I am a very difficult person to be with at times, due to how changeable I can be, one minute wanting romance and contact, the next, wanting to be alone to do my own thing...plus, I am incredibly sensitive also. Plus I am independent yet with that old fashioned romantic ideology of wishing to be protected etc.

Fatallyflawed
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Apr 2007, 10:49 pm

I’m sorry in advance ladies because a lot of what I’m about to say is very blunt and could be taken the wrong way. You woman can’t even imagine how us guys feel. Most of you are in or have been in relationships. You really aren’t in a position to understand especially if you’re married. Due to the very nature of natural selection men get the short end of the stick. Woman treat us like throw away pieces of garbage. The rejection rate is extremely high, and even fairly good looking men with a lot to offer get rejected. Imagine being 26 and never have been in a serious relationship. Woman wonder why most NT guys are the way they are and let me tell you why. Men start out emotionally just like Woman whether you want to believe it or not, but eventually men become hardened emotionally. They have to. When the average guy gets rejected at least 5-6 times before success (with most aspies its even higher) guys view relationships are more impersonal. That’s why guys cheat more often. Its more impersonal. Its hard to believe in all that fairy tale romance crap when you’re asking out woman like they are jobs in the classifieds. You just hope that at least one of them call you back. Its hard to get attached to any one girl because chances are she wont like you back. Woman have all these requirements and rules for dating them and it feels so detached from any traditional concept of "love". Love is supposed to be unconditional, but when there are conditions (requirements and rules) it ruins the emotion behind it. Often times the rules are absolutely ridiculous. I had a girl on Myspace reject me simply because I had a mirror picture in my profile. Wtf does that even matter! How shallow.

Don't get me wrong. It is "hard" for you AS woman, but often times its impossible for AS men. You can't even begin to comprehend the hopelessness and utter despair us AS men feel.

Last edited by Fatallyflawed on 16 Apr 2007, 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2007, 10:55 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
How about a wild woman, with spiked, green hair? :lol:

Feistiness and colored hair are cool. Not particularly hot on green though.