Can someone be to ugly to ever find love?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Feb 2016, 3:37 pm

Take me for exemple.

I am short, skinny, very red lips, strange hair, bad posture. I have compared myself to others for years and hardly anyone is as ugly as i am. Im starting to think that i am one of the most ugly persons on earth.

How could i ever find love? Why would any women date me?

I dont think even lots of money could help me, my looks is so gross that nobody could find me attractive.

Something so normal as relationships....but a few persons will never have it....becuse nobody find them attractive?

superbluevegetable
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Feb 2016, 3:41 pm

Yes. That's the simple answer. Whether you look stunningly beautiful or not, there is no guarantee you will find love. Both have downsides. Beautiful people often attract shallow people and have to battle ridiculous expectations based on their looks as well, for example some people assume that they are stupid and just got their jobs because they look good etc. others might project all their disney fantasies on them etc.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2016, 5:16 pm

I've seen some extremely grotesque looking people in relationships. Unless you look like the Elephant Man, or something similar, I'd say you have a chance.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2016, 5:30 pm

Ok, I thought I'd pass this along. I've read in several places how men on here who are short think that no woman would want them. There's this guy nurse that I work with who is my height - 5'3, and I'm not usually attracted to short men, but I'd go out with him in a New York minute. Of course, I know it wouldn't work because we have probably nothing in common other than our work and we are both single, but yowser, he is a hottie and has no problem getting dates. It's his personality and his attitude that does it. I think a person's personality and confidence is 90% of their attractiveness.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2016, 6:09 pm

nurseangela wrote:
I think a person's personality and confidence is 90% of their attractiveness.

Oh come on, this is unrealistically bullcrap, be real.

Be real WP ladies, stop always trying to sound so ridiculously ideal.

You nurseangela have said that you would never date ugly men, and you have complained several times how you often find old ugly men on dating sites and how they should hide their heads in bags....

For everything holy, WPers, especially WP ladies (because it's them who say this stuff usually), stop sugar coating, stop playing the idealist and be real with yourselves, for once.

arkatron
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Feb 2016, 6:32 pm

white_as_snow: IMO, there is the chance for anyone to find love, no matter their appearance. I don't think having a great personality is even a requirement. In this world there are over 7 billion people, many of whom are looking for love; what each person is looking for may not be what you would expect. Some people prefer short people, some prefer tall. Some are attracted to persons for their intelligence, for their similar interests, for their specific body parts, and so on.

If you want to see examples of people with various disabilities finding love, I suggest The Undateables. --> http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-undateables

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2016, 6:55 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

You nurseangela have said that you would never date ugly men, and you have complained several times how you often find old ugly men on dating sites and how they should hide their heads in bags....

For everything holy, WPers, especially WP ladies (because it's them who say this stuff usually), stop sugar coating, stop playing the idealist and be real with yourselves, for once.

If you don't want to hear the truth, that's up to you. I'm just saying the guy has a great personality, is sure of himself, very intelligent, is in the military so he's very fit - his height DOES NOT MATTER. Didn't I tell you, Boo, that you didn't look bad and if you had a good personality, your height wouldn't matter to most average height women. It may not work with a woman who is 6 foot, but I can't speak for them. I told you before that I wouldn't go for a guy who is short and here I am saying I'd go out with this one. I guess what I want isn't set in stone. Go figure.

PS: Boo, this guy isn't old. He has average looks (no gray hair) and takes good care of himself. We aren't talking about looks here, we are talking about HEIGHT which I know you have a problem with in regards to how you think of yourself.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2016, 6:59 pm

I have gray hair. I think there are many ladies who like gray hair, actually.

I would prefer it if it were white, though

Karen145
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Feb 2016, 7:11 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

First guy I ever dated I met online. Drove halfway across the country to move in with him, sight unseen. Now, that was a horrible mistake as he turned out to be abusive (I was young and stupid), but I was so in love with the guy that appearance made zero difference to me. He could have been a shaved chimp and I wouldn't have cared.

I DO think first impressions of physical appearance can make us biased. When I was dating on eHarmony I kept my profile pic hidden until I'd had a chance to talk to people for a bit. It was actually irritating that nobody else did this, because seeing a picture turns a person into like/dislike and I know I probably turned down a few people without checking out their profile further simply on appearance. I want to get to know people first before seeing what they look like. Personality is very important to me and I don't like superficial things getting in the way of that.

Confidence (not arrogance), is EXTREMELY sexy by the way, no matter how you look.

You seem to have both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits.
Parent of an autistic son.

AsahiPto17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Feb 2016, 7:49 pm

Yeah, physical appearance does make a different to a lot of people. I do see lots of 'ugly' people in relationships though, so it must not be impossible.

MissAlgernon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Feb 2016, 7:58 pm

Physically unattractive people would have 0 chance to date only if physical attraction always were the first thing that attracts two persons together. Not everyone feels attracted to someone's appearance first.
Personally, I know I'm not attracted to others that way, to the point where I find others who tell how they have strong crushes based on physical appearance totally puzzling ; and I don't think I'm the only one to view general attractiveness and physical beauty as two different, disconnected elements.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 7:01 am

You'd be surprised how many people enter relationships with others they do not feel a single slight thing for, waiting for that spark to come one day, for whatever reason they convince themselves of.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 10:08 am

If you're as unattractive as you're making out, your options are either to seek out, or at least be open to an equally unattractive partner, or to find ways to improve yourself to the equivalent attractiveness that you would expect from a partner.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 12:48 pm

First, are there women so unattractive, you would not have a relationship with them? That may give you an answer of sorts, as well as a context.

We only have your word as to how ugly you are. I can say that I see ugly people with partners every time I go out. You could do what pretty much any other person who wants to attract someone does, and work on your appearance and your character.

MissAlgernon wrote:
Personally, I know I'm not attracted to others that way, to the point where I find others who tell how they have strong crushes based on physical appearance totally puzzling ; and I don't think I'm the only one to view general attractiveness and physical beauty as two different, disconnected elements.

Ditto. In my experience, I'm attracted to someone jais ne sais quoi, and from that they become physically attractive.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 1:33 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
Take me for exemple.

I am short, skinny, very red lips, strange hair, bad posture. I have compared myself to others for years and hardly anyone is as ugly as i am. Im starting to think that i am one of the most ugly persons on earth.

How could i ever find love? Why would any women date me?

I dont think even lots of money could help me, my looks is so gross that nobody could find me attractive.

Something so normal as relationships....but a few persons will never have it....becuse nobody find them attractive?

Post a full pic of yourself, including your body shape (NOT NAKED :lol:).

Don't listen to the unrealistic cliched idealism.

Let's see what can be improved....tangibly.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 1:50 pm

So now all of you WPers are ideal humans who see the inner beauty without being influenced with what you see?

I would question about the "Confidence" thing, isn't the "Confidence" that people often refer to is actually the social confidence? You know, this kind of confidence that be displayed and seen? Like speaking loudly and clearly and not being shy in social events?

No one is globally confident, a smooth politician would not be confident to solve a math problem and make himself a mockery while a shy math nerd might volunteer to do it every time.