Why you should care about and improve your appearance.

Page 1 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2016, 2:38 am

Whether you like it or not, your appearance and the way you act affects how girls see you and consider you as a partner, and even how people in general treat you. I think everybody should care about how they look and put some effort into their body because not only will you feel better but you'll also be treated better and have more confidence and success in just about everything.

Now why am I telling you this information, because I see too many people with autism and aspergers who care very little about their appearance and clothes selection. I'm going to call some of you out not to insult you but to help you. If you're overweight or underweight, have poor hygiene, wear the same clothes a lot, poorly shaven, rarely comb your hair, then you need to take a good look at yourself because girls just aren't attracted to that.

If you fit the stereotype of a neckbeard, then no you're not going to be attracting any women, it's as simple as that. If you don't know what a neckbeard is, it's an overweight nerdy guy who has poor hygeine and has facial hair around his neck and usually is big into video games and/or anime. If that sounds a lot like you, you're in trouble.

I want everybody who's reading this to ask the following question about themselves and really take it seriously. How do others see me and view me? How do women see me? Also really take a good look at yourself in the mirror and ask for your parents or good friends honest opinion on if you're dateable or not.

The good news is that if you're considered ugly, a neckbeard, etc, you can improve your appearance. You can gain or lose weight, you can wear better clothes, you can start showering every single day. Even if that means spending money for buying better food, clothes, and gym membership. Remember, it's your body and a good body will cost you money but it will definitely be worth it. Looking good will not only give you more confidence and respect around women, but you will find it surprising at how people treat you much better.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2016, 3:04 am

This is one of your better posts, Mr. D.P. I enjoyed reading it.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2016, 3:17 am

one does not need an expensive gym membership to get and remain fit. I am not a "neckbeard" but I definitely don't look like the desired bourgeois dandy redolent of stinky parfum, decked out in haute couture, manicure and designer coiffure. I am clean and reasonably fit [despite wear and tear] for my vintage, and i go out of my way to not be physically offensive. but that is not good enough, I realize. but I am not complaining about it, I realize things could probably be much worse, I am thankful at least for not being stuck in "neckbeard" status, the bulk of whom really are trapped by their brain wetware into being the way they are, they lack TOM thus cannot know that they are driving people away from them. even highly intelligent [but otherwise spectrum-ey] people like TG lacked understanding of this. :idea:

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2016, 4:00 am

darkphantomx1 wrote:
ask for your parents or good friends honest opinion on if you're dateable or not.

Almost everyone who you'll ask such question face-to-face, will sugarcoat it, to protect their own reputation from being crass and soulless.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2016, 4:22 am

Uprising wrote:
darkphantomx1 wrote:
ask for your parents or good friends honest opinion on if you're dateable or not.

Almost everyone who you'll ask such question face-to-face, will sugarcoat it, to protect their own reputation from being crass and soulless.

This is true - unless they are Aspie. :)

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2016, 12:33 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Uprising wrote:
darkphantomx1 wrote:

WPers don't sugarcoat in your opinion?

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2016, 11:44 pm

Nah I prefer to be honest with people because I believe you're helping someone out by being honest with them as long as it's feedback and not pure insulting.

If I had a friend who was ugly and fat and he wanted my opinion on why he sucks with women, I wouldn't call him an ugly fat f**k. I'd just be like yo man i'm going to be honest with you, if you want to attract women, you really need to lose some weight perhaps get a gym membership, start showering, wear better clothes, don't fondle stranger girls boobies when you like them.

My mom was honest with me when she told me I need to gain some weight because i'm skinny af. And that I probably act autistic around my workplace. Was I upset about the autistic part? Sure was but it actually helped me. Okay not really, I probably still come off as an autistic mother f****r. But at least now I know how others see me.

Nocturnus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Feb 2016, 4:12 am

Did jumping through hoops to appease women work for you?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 4:16 am

Uprising wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Uprising wrote:
darkphantomx1 wrote:

They sugarcoat as f***.

Noura4eva
Toucan
Toucan

26 Feb 2016, 4:21 am

I do understand the main lead of this thread and I do get what they are bringing to the table.

I just wondered though less was said about being yourself, i dont mean in the unclean stinky sense.

If you hope to have a long term relationship of any shape, then you really have to be yourself so you can relax the best you can in your chosen company.

If they can't accept who you are, then they are not for you.

Being clean and presentable is very important, but so it being yourself and learning to accept yourself, warts and all

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 4:59 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Uprising wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Uprising wrote:
darkphantomx1 wrote:

They sugarcoat as f***.

I don't want to get banned, so I sugarcoat. My true opinions on some things/people could be seen as malicious/encouraging suicide.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 5:11 am

My appearance cannot possibly be improved upon. I'm just that awesome. :wink:

Nocturnus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Feb 2016, 5:12 am

Noura4eva wrote:
I do understand the main lead of this thread and I do get what they are bringing to the table.

I just wondered though less was said about being yourself, i dont mean in the unclean stinky sense.

If you hope to have a long term relationship of any shape, then you really have to be yourself so you can relax the best you can in your chosen company.

If they can't accept who you are, then they are not for you.

Being clean and presentable is very important, but so it being yourself and learning to accept yourself, warts and all

Presentation is important but not to the extent that people compromise who they are or what they enjoy. I think many men are far too metrosexual and groomed but I feel the same in regard to women that wear too much make up.

People should be natural but comfortable in who they are, I couldn't date someone high maintenance myself. Men should be men and not so concerned with vanity. Physical activity is meant to be fun, not a social pressure.

I think that learning general skills can be far more valuable in the long run over preening. I wouldn't want to date someone that was just focused on their appearance all of the time, that would become boring quickly.

Last edited by Nocturnus on 26 Feb 2016, 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 5:15 am

Yigeren wrote:
My appearance cannot possibly be improved upon. I'm just that awesome. :wink:

Careful there, champ. When you're up top, the only place to go from there is down.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 5:18 am

I'm not really up top. I just can't actually do anything else to improve my appearance besides cosmetic surgery.

I lied. I'm not awesome :cry:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2016, 5:52 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Uprising wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Uprising wrote:
darkphantomx1 wrote:

They sugarcoat as f***.

I don't want to get banned, so I sugarcoat. My true opinions on some things/people could be seen as malicious/encouraging suicide.

If I see something I don't like, I just don't say a word in public.

But hey ladies, you can send me pictures and even pics in bikini:lol: and I would evaluate you objectively with total honesty without any sugarcoating. :twisted: :twisted: