Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

otherside2501
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Apr 2016, 1:13 pm

I was picking up dinner last night, and I decided to stick around and have a drink while my food was being made.

I found a seat at the end of the bar and was blissfully staring in to my phone, laughing at kitten .gifs on Reddit and enjoying my beer. The two waitresses that were standing a few feet away were chatting amongst themselves, and due to the fact that I have very keen hearing, I knew that they were talking about some cute guy one of them wanted to talk to.

I ignored it, of course. My order came up and I got one more beer. I settled up my tab, and was finishing off my drink when I heard one of the waitresses say "if you're going to do this, do it now. He never comes in here, and is about to leave". I payed no mind to it, and was getting ready to stand up, when the other waitress walked up to me...

I froze...I had NO idea what to say or do. I rushed out as fast as I could.

I want to go back and talk to her, but I haven't had a date in over two years, and its been nearly 8 years since I had a relationship...I really just don't know the rules for this. How long should I wait, what should I say...help me out.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2016, 3:05 pm

If you're interested in her, could you drop by the restaurant again tonight? You could go with the bold/forward approach by saying "I wanted to get your number last night but was too nervous." Or you could ask to be seated in her section and strike up a conversation that way.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2016, 3:11 pm

Filling the missing conversation:

Cannibal Girl 1:"This guy looks tasty, do you think I can sneakily drug his beer and grab him to my place to cook him?"
Cannibal Girl 2:"if you're going to do this, do it now. He never comes in here, and is about to leave".