She doesn't want to take our friendship any further... :(

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

lymerence
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 May 2016, 12:59 pm

This seems to happen every time. We have so much in common too, and she understands me, but clearly nowhere near what she wants.

It seems like it's going to be a long time before anything happens with anyone. But at the same time, I don't have anyone else I'm interested in, and when I don't, life just seems to be very boring, and I feel like I have nobody who feels the same. I want to meet more girls who have mutual interests, but it seems like it's going to be a long time before that happens. :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 1:41 pm

I know how you feel. I felt the same way when I was your age.

They'll be many more opportunities. All you can be is patient.

It's better than developing a conception of yourself which might not be accurate.

lymerence
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 May 2016, 3:27 pm

I totally get that there will be more opportunities, but I feel like every day that goes by without an opportunity is wasted.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 5:47 pm

lymerence wrote:
I totally get that there will be more opportunities, but I feel like every day that goes by without an opportunity is wasted.

It wasnt wasted :) you tried and that itself shows it wasn't a wasted opportunity.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 7:43 pm

You're still very young. When I was 16, I squandered so many opportunities!

One time, this girl really wanted to go to bed with me (not because of ME, necessarily). But I had a curfew, and I stuck to it. She called me a wimp, nerd, etc. Never saw her again.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 7:54 pm

Grab some dumbells. Run up and down a set of stairs for a few dozen flights in a row.
Non-Stop if possible. Each and every single day. You will suddenly get plenty of opportunity.
Pheromone-Production Over-Powered.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 8:44 pm

OP, I'm going through the exact same thing. I made a thread about it. Read here for more detail: viewtopic.php?t=318700

I feel just as depressed and lonely and sad as you do sometimes as you have described in this post.

Ban-Dodger is true in that male sweat actually has pheromones that can attract women. It may work better however if you're in a relationship, otherwise to random girls you might just stink, even if they are attracted to you.

He also suggests eating healthy and working out which is definitely a good idea. To have a fit and healthy body will make you look and feel good and it wouldn't just be for girls but for yourself.

Any kind of exercise really that stimulates your muscles and kinds of cardio that get your heart pumping such as running or swimming are a great idea, but for faster results I would strongly recommend taking up actual workout and dieting plan to gain muscle.

You don't have to be a big ripped bodybuilder, but just get add some tone and sculpt to your physique and finish when ready.

"You're still very young. When I was 16, I squandered so many opportunities!

One time, this girl really wanted to go to bed with me (not because of ME, necessarily). But I had a curfew, and I stuck to it. She called me a wimp, nerd, etc. Never saw her again."

I did too...

A girl I liked last year was having her birthday party and planning something big...I wanted to ask if I could come but don't know why I didn't.

I knew she liked me back at first but then started wondering "Or is she just being friendly?" even though she really did have a crush on me too.

I just thought since I wasn't invited to the party she mustn't have been interested in me enough to want me to come.

I still don't know why I didn't just ask and say "I mean, we're....friends, right?"

"It wasnt wasted you tried and that itself shows it wasn't a wasted opportunity."

I've been rejected a total of 38 times online or real-life.

Opportunities weren't wasted, but that doesn't make consistent rejection any less harmful. I agree with OP.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 4:46 am

Be happy that you have friends; i was a complete loner from 10 to 20 years old; if nothing else, you have experience in social interactions.

Also, time is only wasted when you think it is. Spend the time you would want to spend with a girlfriend on finding and improving yourself: determing who and what you want to be, and work on becoming that.
Do sports, work out, learn to play a musical instrument, spend more time at your homework, perhaps get a part-time job...

As long as you don't sit in your room lamenting the fact that you are alone, you are not wasting your time.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 6:01 am

"Be happy that you have friends;"

But does he?

He doesn't mention it here and in another thread he said he isn't interested in the people at his school.

"i was a complete loner from 10 to 20 years old;"

If anything, having a satisfying social life and getting it quickly whisked away from you is far worse than being a loner.

Just my opinion.

As of this moment I have no friends near me to spend time with, aside from friends online who I used to live in the same city as but have since moved.

Every good friend I made in high school has since betrayed me and now I'm left to continue to wallow in my solitude.

At the very least having more friends could open me up to meeting more people (mutual friends/friends of friends) but I do not have that right now and it seems OP doesn't either.

"you have experience in social interactions."

But what's experience if you suffer consistent social rejection (for friends and relationships) and it takes a toll on your confidence and self-esteem rather than strengthen it?

Besides, I remember OP saying he has only mostly spoken and gotten to know girls online, and has little, if any, real-life experiences (which is far different than text on a screen).

I have real-life experiences, at the cost of frequent rejection.

I guess, at the very least OP is still in school, and has that advantaged of being exposed to many people his age to possibly befriend and get to know.

Then again, in my senior year I had the same thing, and no matter how hard I tried still failed, or felt the same as the OP and didn't feel interested in getting to know the majority of my peers (some personality types just aren't compatible).

"Also, time is only wasted when you think it is."

Well, OP thinks it is, as do I. What now? I constantly try to justify what I do in my spare-time but can't help but feel I'm wasting it on the internet doing jack-sh*t with my life.

At the very least I volunteer 1-2 days a week, I guess.

"Spend the time you would want to spend with a girlfriend on finding and improving yourself: determing who and what you want to be, and work on becoming that."

I've covered everything. If anything I spend too much time on self-improvement (remember the saying, "Too much of a 'good' thing is a 'bad' thing?". That applies for self-improvement as well, imho), which has ironically helped me develop the attitude I'm wasting my life, because if I'm not self-improving myself in absolutely every way (including social life) almost all the time, what's the point of living?

I spend great deal of time on my interests, I volunteer, I don't study yet but I will soon, I eat healthy and exercise, I meditate or use aromatherapy to control my temper. I read philosophy and psychology and have just about mapped every detail, every piece of both my concious and subconcious personality.

Through a few brief minutes of thought I can think of my motivations for every single thought or action, and determine the psychological or biological drive that made me do such a thing.

I'm done 'knowing' myself for now, at least until i enter the adult-world, I want to know SOMEONE ELSE, other people.

You know that excited feeling when you discover new things about yourself you never knew? I know it all and I'm bored, time to move on to someone else.

"Do sports, work out, learn to play a musical instrument, spend more time at your homework, perhaps get a part-time job..."

OP is a solo musician, and damn good for his age and genre too. He's past that step.

"As long as you don't sit in your room lamenting the fact that you are alone, you are not wasting your time."

I have little reason to leave the house and there's no interesting clubs or groups here. I assume OP feels the same.

So perhaps it is completely understandable and justified that perhaps we don't spend all hours of our day on our hobbies/interests and there may be at least an hour or so each day where we might feel extremely lonely and depressed.

Such time that could have actually been spent hanging out with others who care about you and make you happy.

*Deep breath*

I'm done...for now...