Anyone here use the Tinder app?

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

RealJALloyd
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 May 2016, 7:24 pm

I'm thinking about trying the Tinder app to help me find a girlfriend and/or make new friends, but I'm wondering if anyone else on this site has tried it and I would like to hear about how to use it. Reviews anyone?

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2016, 8:11 pm

Good luck, you're really going to need it.

Profile descriptions must be kept brief and explain only the very basics of who you are and your personality.

It ties with your facebook account so the details of your facebook will transfer over.

So whatever your occupation, gender, etc. are on facebook will transfer over to tinder.

You have a small number of facebook pictures to choose from that are supposed to tell them about who you are.

Picture 1, the biggest, is your profile picture.

Make it a picture as attractive and flattering as possible.

Make sure you are dressing-well and somewhere outdoors on a sunny day.

Make sure NO ONE else is in the picture with you.

This will also have to double-up as your new facebook profile picture for it to transfer to Tinder.

The other pictures should be:

Pic 2: Another flattering picture, but in different location/different clothing/different situation. Ideally out doing something. Maybe a beach picture, or such.

Pic 3: A picture of you doing one of your favorite hobbies or interests and looking passionate to be doing it.

Pic 4: You with a good friend or family member, taking a picture together and looking into the camera happily. Ideally outdoors. Four's a crowd. You and 2 others maximum.

These pictures, also, will have to be uploaded to facebook before you can choose to set them as your Tinder profile pictures.

Tinder is notoriously known as a hook-up application.

Don't necessarily believe a 'match' is a good thing - she may have been swiping right randomly, or just want a hook-up/one-night stand from you.

We'll give advice on chatting/conversation later, once you accumulate matched.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2016, 6:38 am

^ that's really good advice on the pictures.

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2016, 7:48 am

Outrider wrote:
Good luck, you're really going to need it.

Profile descriptions must be kept brief and explain only the very basics of who you are and your personality.

It ties with your facebook account so the details of your facebook will transfer over.

So whatever your occupation, gender, etc. are on facebook will transfer over to tinder.

You have a small number of facebook pictures to choose from that are supposed to tell them about who you are.

Picture 1, the biggest, is your profile picture.

Make it a picture as attractive and flattering as possible.

Make sure you are dressing-well and somewhere outdoors on a sunny day.

Make sure NO ONE else is in the picture with you.

This will also have to double-up as your new facebook profile picture for it to transfer to Tinder.

The other pictures should be:

Pic 2: Another flattering picture, but in different location/different clothing/different situation. Ideally out doing something. Maybe a beach picture, or such.

Pic 3: A picture of you doing one of your favorite hobbies or interests and looking passionate to be doing it.

Pic 4: You with a good friend or family member, taking a picture together and looking into the camera happily. Ideally outdoors. Four's a crowd. You and 2 others maximum.

These pictures, also, will have to be uploaded to facebook before you can choose to set them as your Tinder profile pictures.

Tinder is notoriously known as a hook-up application.

Don't necessarily believe a 'match' is a good thing - she may have been swiping right randomly, or just want a hook-up/one-night stand from you.

We'll give advice on chatting/conversation later, once you accumulate matched.

I think your either tinder's marketing executive? Or your a Tinder Elite! ;) Great Description and advice ! :)

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2016, 10:44 am

girls on there just seem to be there for an ego boost. May all read have boyfriends stop talking after awhile and unmatch sometimes

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2016, 3:32 pm

I've liked thousands and thousands on it and never been liked back

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2016, 3:49 pm

I'm tall, I have handsome features, I have broad shoulders and a good bit of muscle, but I'm easily 60-70 lbs overweight. I'd classify myself as average overall.

I haven't had much luck with Tinder. I swiped right on probably 300 out of 1000 women. Only handful of them liked me back, and in that case, we've had limited conversations with no phone numbers. Also, half of the women who messaged me were obvious bots.

I think Tinder is only favorable to men if you are above average looking, and even then, it favors women. When it comes to meeting women real life however, I don't think average guys are at a disadvantage

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2016, 9:15 pm

I swipe right on all women. Every day on tinder, pof, okcupid and bumbble. No likes back. Talking probably around at least 7,000 women probably higher, I've been on it for a year now. Pof is endless so I swip like 100 a day there.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2016, 9:26 pm

I actually met someone on Tinder recently. She said some red flag-triggering things during the messaging phase, enough to make me have second thoughts about meeting her. But during our first date, she was so nice and sweet, that it threw me into a major cognitive dissonance. I felt totally at ease with her after an hour, and the date lasted almost 3 hours. Her being a Tinder girl, I was fully expecting her to be, I don't know, less pleasant to be around, or even a stuck-up princess. Instead, she was one of the most non-threatening girls I've ever met. Second date is still pending. But even if it doesn't happen, I feel like I gained a lot from the date I did have.

That said, I'm aware that it was just one-time beginner's luck, that could easily never happen again. Tinder is usually nothing like this.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2016, 7:39 am

Tinder was a pointless and meaningless experience for me personally.

Yeah, understand the purpose is to focus on looks primarily, personality second, but it genuinely still feels too shallow ad not enough about the soul and what kind of person you are.

That's why I said the OP's going to need good luck.

I am decent looking/slightly above average, and even Bisexual so youd think that exapnds the dating pool a little, but noe - still pointless.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

23 May 2016, 7:42 am

everything is tied into facebook nowadays, i feel like such a freak for not having or wanting one

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2016, 1:34 pm

Jacoby wrote:
everything is tied into facebook nowadays, i feel like such a freak for not having or wanting one

Fb owns tinder that's why it's tied. It's their dating site.

Facebook gets lot of people in trouble and gives the government and companies all your personal Informstion. I don't share or post much. It does provide some entertainment for lunch though once I ignore all the annoying posts.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2016, 8:05 am

Outrider wrote:
Yeah, understand the purpose is to focus on looks primarily, personality second
It sounds like I'd be right at home there :)

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 4:42 am

At least it one more possible avenue to explore :) Especially when your not the sort to be out at pubs or busy places.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2016, 2:04 pm

Jacoby wrote:

I have & use Facebook, but after reading this thread I'll probably never try Tinder even though I've heard that there are some gay guys on it.

I've never changed my FB profile picture in ~8 years because I like the picture because of who else is in it - a baby girl that I'm holding, my youngest God daughter. However, I do not look like my FB profile picture anymore. I was out of shape, now I'm in pretty good shape. My glasses are different. My hair is different. Overall, I look significantly better today than in my 8 year old FB profile picture and would never choose to use it as a dating profile picture. But I'm not about to change my FB profile pic in order to use Tinder.

Thankfully there are many other popular gay dating/hookup apps and websites and I have no difficulty meeting gay boys.