Why is my ex ex reaching out more than year later?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

LeaPoufyPony
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Jul 2016, 3:26 pm

We were together on and off for few years and we live 4 hours apart.We had a strong connection but the distance eventually took its toll and he broke it.After time apart we will reconnect and hangout again.This went on and off for few years.

However, he was planning to come to see me but he lost his job so he didn't have money to come.Then he got depressed akd got distance. He stopped returning my phone calls and my texts.I was worried about him so I kept calling and texting untill he send a texts and asked me not to contact him anymore. He told me he needed space.

I apologize for bothering him and told me I would respect his wishes. We didn't talk for almost 2 months so I kept wondering why he wasn't getting back in touch.I decided to text him and ask how he is and he responded the next day and said he is fine.

We talked for few days and I told him that I am still looking forward to see him.Thats when he told me that maybe we might meet one day but right now he is seeing someone closer that he really likes.It completely crushed me and I am heart broken.I told him that its best if we go No contact because its painful for me that he is with another woman. He agreed and we wished each other the best.

He recently started reaching out to me more than year later. He sent me multiple messages in April and June on face book telling me that he had been thinking about me and what's to see how I'm doing. He also left his cell phone number to text/call him. He deleted his face book 2 years ago and he opened a new one for the sole purpose of reconnecting with me.

The thing, I had allot going on around that time when he reached out and I didn't log in on Face book until now. I just saw the messages yesterday.

Does this mean he's single again and things didn't work out with this other women?

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 3:35 pm

Seems to me that the connection isn't strong enough for him to come to your area to find work after all this time.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 4:12 pm

LeaPoufyPony wrote:
Why is my ex ex reaching out more than year later?

Does this mean he's single again and things didn't work out with this other women?
Why don't you ask HIM?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 4:27 pm

There could be any number of reasons.....but we are only speculating at this point.

I'm thinking of these three:

1. Maybe he is out of money, and perhaps doesn't have a place to live.

2. Maybe he sees "the error of his ways," and really wants YOU.

3. Related to 2: maybe he feels more "grown up" now, and ready for a relationship.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 6:43 pm

Sex.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 6:50 pm

Yeah....that's possible, too.

VinoVeritas
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jul 2016, 7:01 pm

It's hard to say from what you've described. It could be for good reasons such a Kortie suggests, or more selfish ones (see Spectrum's post).

I recommend you take it slow and let him demonstrate he wants a relationship, not just a hookup. You deserve to be someone's main interest, not a backup.