Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

John 35 Alabama
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Aug 2016, 3:41 pm

It's funny because of how poorly it works on me. I just take it literally and keep trying them for more dates.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 9:07 am

I've updated my profile. Surprisingly I am still getting views.

"I'm a 46-year old woman and I don't look like a little girl. I don't want your money. I smoke and I like it. I'm pleased that Trudeau is going to legalize recreational marijuana and I drink occasionally.

I'm too old to still be looking for that special someone; that's a fairy tale. Relationships are work.

So if you're not into illusions and you like a good conversation maybe we could chat."

One guy gave me a like - his profile says he likes honesty.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 5:14 pm

Oh, I say!

You will get more "real" prospects and fewer flakes. Guess what? Some men are so over that fairy-tale thing, too.

Imagine if I had to ever date again. "Sixty-plus overweight disabled widow with no sex drive wants someone to pamper her, but forget about getting your hand into my money - I don't have any." LOL

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 5:16 pm

I still believe in some of the fairy-tale stuff. But I am more a realist than people give me credit for.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 5:22 pm

I changed it to a more positive blurb. This rich guy keeps looking at me, but I think he is wary because of the difference in our social status.

I am not taking it very seriously. I've got my fork in a few pies right now. I went to a job fair yesterday and made it to a second interview which takes place in two weeks. And I absolutely have to move. I am living with 3 young guys right now and it is not working for me. I need my own bathroom and my cats. I am practically living at my Mom's, God bless her. But it can't go on.

I really really want to get this job. I told them about my back and they're okay with it. Fingers crossed.

Aside: A guy is climbing Trump tower as I write this; I wonder what his plan is?

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 5:28 pm

Trump tower in what city?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 5:35 pm

Trump is really creating unnecessary lunacy.

I just don't think he's worth all that hate. He's just a rich, real estate buffoon.

He says his stupid things when he is cornered. He is not adept politically--that's obvious.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 5:35 pm

New York. They just grabbed him and pulled him in.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 5:37 pm

Regarding Trump:

NYT

Quote:
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin got assassinated.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 5:44 pm

Thanks. Just saw it on the national news. No motive has been figgered out.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 11:45 am

androbot01 wrote:
I've updated my profile. Surprisingly I am still getting views.

"I'm a 46-year old woman and I don't look like a little girl. I don't want your money. I smoke and I like it. I'm pleased that Trudeau is going to legalize recreational marijuana and I drink occasionally.

I'm too old to still be looking for that special someone; that's a fairy tale. Relationships are work.

So if you're not into illusions and you like a good conversation maybe we could chat."

One guy gave me a like - his profile says he likes honesty.

You could probably ommit the part about not looking like a little girl...I am sure they can see that on your profile picture or deduct it from the fact you're 46.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 1:20 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
You could probably ommit the part about not looking like a little girl...I am sure they can see that on your profile picture or deduct it from the fact you're 46.

I've changed it now; decided to play nice. I'm still not making any headway, but I've paid for three months and I don't want to go through the headache of trying to cancel. And you never know.

I'm trying to get a good picture of myself in the summer heat (when it's too hot to even get away with a cotton cardigan) I still wear long sleeves because of my scarred arms. And I have a "buddha belly;" my waist is one size bigger than my butt. It is so much easier to dress in the winter.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2016, 10:41 am

Ive got a " Buddha belly" also.I hate it.I refer to it as "chunk in the trunk."I blame the meds.Much easier to hide it in the winter.Right now it's been incredibly hot and humid with heat indexes in the hundreds,no way to camouflage it with shorts and tank tops.Just ugh.The one part of my body I despise.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2016, 10:51 am

Misslizard wrote:
I blame the meds.

Me too.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2016, 10:56 am

androbot01 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
I blame the meds.

Me too.

Actually, now that you guys mention it... I've really been wondering what has made me this misshapen, and if anything can be done about it. But I'm embarrassed to discuss it with my doctor because it seems like vanity. My belly goes beyond Buddha. At times I wonder if I have ascites, but none of my docs has mentioned it. At other times I think it may be metabolic syndrome, but again, nobody is bringing it up.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2016, 11:15 am

BeaArthur wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
I blame the meds.

Me too.

Actually, now that you guys mention it... I've really been wondering what has made me this misshapen, and if anything can be done about it. But I'm embarrassed to discuss it with my doctor because it seems like vanity. My belly goes beyond Buddha. At times I wonder if I have ascites, but none of my docs has mentioned it. At other times I think it may be metabolic syndrome, but again, nobody is bringing it up.

Misshapen is a good description. My belly is disproportionate to the rest of me.