Long distance is fustrating -___-

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 10:55 am

I'm really starting to get fed up of the long distance. I feel so lonely at the moment being in a new place and not knowing anyone.

I moved north to be closer to him but I'm more alone than ever.

I'm also want to be able to go off and do my thing without having to worry about how much I will miss him. I love him dearly but I want a career also.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 11:15 am

Are you suggesting that he's holding you back from pursuing your dream career?

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 11:17 am

Sabreclaw wrote:

It not him as such as being in a relationship means I cannot be as selfish as I could be when I was single. So if I want to go abroad to do my phd or something I have to consider the fact that I would be abandoning him

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 11:24 am

Alliekit wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

It not him as such as being in a relationship means I cannot be as selfish as I could be when I was single. So if I want to go abroad to do my phd or something I have to consider the fact that I would be abandoning him

Why can't he go abroad with you?

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 11:25 am

Even leaving romantic relationships aside, it still boggles my mind how people can do all that stuff at your age, and probably younger.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 11:34 am

I feel the same way. But since there are virtually no people with the same interests here, I am worried I may not have a choice.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 11:39 am

Since you haven't replied yet, I'll just give you my general opinion:

Get your PhD. If you need to dump this guy for that goal, then do so. You'll be able to find another boyfriend, but you'll spend your whole life in regret if you didn't take your education and career as far as you could.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 11:39 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

Why can't he go abroad with you?

He is currently doing a 2 year course and even after that cannot afford it. Whereas I'm on a 1 year course and may be able to get a phd funded abroad

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 11:42 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
Since you haven't replied yet, I'll just give you my general opinion:

Get your PhD. If you need to dump this guy for that goal, then do so. You'll be able to find another boyfriend, but you'll spend your whole life in regret if you didn't take your education and career as far as you could.

He actually encorage me to follow my career and tries to support me. It's more that I miss him like crazy when we are only 3 hours apart I can't imagine what it would be like if it was worse.

I just feel really alone at the moment :'(

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 11:47 am

Then do it for him :nerdy:

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 11:54 am

Yeah, sorry, you've lost me now. What exactly are you hoping for from this thread? It's hard to think of anything useful when I don't know what the goal is.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 11:58 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
Yeah, sorry, you've lost me now. What exactly are you hoping for from this thread? It's hard to think of anything useful when I don't know what the goal is.

I'm sorry, I'm not really sure what I want. I just wish he realised how much I'm struggling right now. Im completely and utterly alone at the moment and he doesn't seem to realise the extent.

I've been in one room for a week and a half with no face to face contact so maybe it's getting to me

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 12:05 pm

It's the way many people live most of their lives, and not always for reasons as rewarding as getting a PhD.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 8:05 am

Sabreclaw wrote:

You are a typical male.

You just want to solve everything.

You just need to *listen* instead and to cater for emotions.

umm.... I am confused too.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 8:12 am

I just think you want to convey that you are lonely.

If he's not as busy as you, he should travel to see you. Is expense a consideration?

torch_
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Oct 2016, 8:56 am

Did you enter this relationship, knowing about your education/career goals at the time?