People don't like how I'm dating older guys....

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

artsyfreak918
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 May 2007, 2:06 pm

Okay it seems like everyone rejects the guys I'm dating. I have never dated a guy the same age as me in my life. I mean, it's kind of scary since I usually date guys two or three years older than me. I understand that the people I date, and I are at two different stages of growing into adult hood but people make such a big deal about it. I know the situation I'm in and that it may be risky but I'm mature and I can solve those certain problems on my own if they arise. Some people just don't understand that... plus it's not like I'm have a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship with them. I'm just casual dating.

ButchCoolidge
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 May 2007, 2:12 pm

How old are you? You must been a teenager, because once you reach your 20's, 2-3 years really isn't a big deal. I'm sure the people who are concerned are concerned because many men have a habit of preying on younger women. It's pretty easy for an 18 year old guy to sweep a 15 year old off her feet, and she might not realize that his intentions are different from yours. I'm not at all saying this is the case with you, but it does happen.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 2:20 pm

I'm dating a lady 28 years older than me, so don't worry about dating guys 2-3 years older. (Could you possibly be more normal than that?) People who have a problem with that are very naive about life.

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 2:24 pm

well if she is 15, then the guy might be in a dodgy position from a legal perspective.
But personally, i dont care how old you are, stop bothering about what others think.
a girl has to get some fun out of life :lol:

Vegasadelphia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 May 2007, 2:30 pm

Once you turn 18, age should just be a number and not effect your relationships. If you are under 18, it is quite understandable that dating someone 3 years older than you can be seen as a bit of a problem.

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 3:05 pm

I'm 18 and dating a 25 year old. Of course, this is also my first real relationship.

I waited a long time but I think it's really paid off.

artsyfreak918
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 May 2007, 3:14 pm

Just in case you want to know the age differences, I'm 15 and the last guy I dated was 17. So I am a teenager, but I'm super careful about everything and I actually take care of myself unlike most people my age that get pregnant or get STD's. Crap, I've been careful not to loose my virginity until I'm older and the people I've dated luckily respect that. If they didn't I would say 'sorry I'm not ready, try finding someone who's interested in that.'. A lot of people stereotype me as the typical teenage girl who dosen't think twice about these issues.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 3:15 pm

I'm nineteen, and I dated a 27 year old first semester this past year.

I've never dated within my age range....well first girlfriend I did.

Vegasadelphia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 May 2007, 3:43 pm

15 to 17 isn't so bad. When he turns 18, some people are going to have some talks with you though. I dated a 17 year old when I was 19 and people treated me strangely because of it.

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 3:44 pm

I reckon being an aspie I kinda want someone older and more mature to take care of me and help me through the tough times (which I have, luckily).

Of course, that doesn't apply to every aspie, but it's just a thought.

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 3:45 pm

Vegasadelphia wrote:
15 to 17 isn't so bad. When he turns 18, some people are going to have some talks with you though. I dated a 17 year old when I was 19 and people treated me strangely because of it.

16 is age of consent here.
Any less and it is statutory rape. Even if you are both underage.
I dont care about people looking at me strange, i would be more worried about the 'sex offence' on my record.

superunknown
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 May 2007, 4:31 pm

seriously you should watch out
a 17 year old guy only wants to do one thing and i dont think i need to tell you what that is

and idk where you live but around here the age of consent is 18 and until you reach 18 its rape no matter how old the dude your with is
a friend of mine got locked up for that he wa sleeping with his girlfriend and the little b*tch got mad at him one day and told the police so he wnt to jail and now he's a "sex offender" that girl probably ruined his life

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 4:40 pm

superunknown wrote:
seriously you should watch out
a 17 year old guy only wants to do one thing and i dont think i need to tell you what that is

and idk where you live but around here the age of consent is 18 and until you reach 18 its rape no matter how old the dude your with is
a friend of mine got locked up for that he wa sleeping with his girlfriend and the little b*tch got mad at him one day and told the police so he wnt to jail and now he's a "sex offender" that girl probably ruined his life

yeah thats f*****g sick man.
Another clear example of how f****d up the laws are.
Age of consent at 18 is a joke. 16 is too high.

Belinda
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 May 2007, 4:41 pm

When I was 15 I dated a 17 year old. 6 years later I am married to him :)

Then again, I have seen things go really bad with relationships with those sort of ages involved too. Personally, I say screw society's view on it. Be careful and try and be aware of what might go wrong, but judge each relationship on the relationship itself rather than public opinion and I'm sure you we be ok.

Everyone used to give my husband and I hell when we first started dating, because at 15 I looked about 12 or 13 years old to some people, and at 17 he looked about 23 years old to some people. That is their problem though, not ours.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 5:56 pm

That will bewhy then.

It is kinda dodgy to date guys that age when you're that young.

But as you get older it doesn't matter. I'm 22 and am attracted to people in their early 30's.

gekitsu
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 6:57 pm

well, legality is one thing you cant really argue with - but i dont know what legislation is like where you come from. as noted, your age falls right in the area most age differences can easily mean legal trouble.
i like that you are so conscious on what you want and what you dont want. thats a very precious treat, please take care of it - and dont let yourself get talked out of it. being self-conscious usually helps not attracting these kind of guys anyway.

what the people around you say should not matter to you. its your life - if you dont live it your way, no one will do it for you. here in germany, general age of consent is 14 (with a few exceptions regarding unusually precious gifts and the like - things that point to abuse through age difference) - and i managed to be with a 14-year-old when i was 21. it lasted almost two years and i have never been treated better and more true by anyone. age doesnt necessarily mean a thing... there are people my age (now 24) who are 50 years in their head, there are 15-year-olds who know better what they want than a random 18-year-old whos keen on finally trying everything she wasnt allowed until now... maturity is all in the head.