Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2016, 5:32 pm

wilburforce wrote:
AspieGuy96 wrote:
The answer to your dilemma is simple:

You're a girl -- If you want attention from guys, then all you have to do is put on lots of makeup, and wear wear tight, revealing clothes, and they'll be all over you like the white on rice. You'll have literally hundreds of potential boyfriends at your disposal. Dead serious.

Hell, you could approach random guys the way we approach girls, and ask for their number, and you'll have far better reception than the other way around 'cause we're not afraid of females and we're less complicated. Are you also aware that this site has a dating thing where other aspies meet?

COME ON, USE YOUR FEMALE PRIVILEGE TO YOUR ADVANTAGE! Otherwise, don't complain about being lonely. You're not that lonely or else you would've done everything, including the s l u t trick. Stop being a modest hermit.

This is full of sexist generalisations (insulting to both men and women) and is basically BS.

OP, don't listen to this fool.
What's your experience on the matter?

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2016, 5:38 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
wilburforce wrote:
AspieGuy96 wrote:

You're a girl -- If you want attention from guys, then all you have to do is put on lots of makeup, and wear wear tight, revealing clothes, and they'll be all over you like the white on rice. You'll have literally hundreds of potential boyfriends at your disposal. Dead serious.

Hell, you could approach random guys the way we approach girls, and ask for their number, and you'll have far better reception than the other way around 'cause we're not afraid of females and we're less complicated. Are you also aware that this site has a dating thing where other aspies meet?

COME ON, USE YOUR FEMALE PRIVILEGE TO YOUR ADVANTAGE! Otherwise, don't complain about being lonely. You're not that lonely or else you would've done everything, including the s l u t trick. Stop being a modest hermit.

This is full of sexist generalisations (insulting to both men and women) and is basically BS.

Not really interested in discussing that with you. Just wanted to point out that the post I quoted was full of sexist garbage.

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2016, 5:41 pm

wilburforce wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
wilburforce wrote:
AspieGuy96 wrote:

Not really interested in discussing that with you. Just wanted to point out that the post I quoted was full of sexist garbage.
Cool I'll keep this quick. Do you think the guy is sexist or just a little ignorant when it comes to the dating world?

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2016, 5:57 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
wilburforce wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
wilburforce wrote:
AspieGuy96 wrote:

Cool I'll keep this quick. Do you think the guy is sexist or just a little ignorant when it comes to the dating world?

I don't know him personally so I can't say what his personal views are, I can only say his comment is sexist in it's content. Maybe he posted it because he's a troll but he doesn't believe it personally? The why of it is really irrelevant as sexism is against the rules of WP; a person's motivation for posting sexist comments, whatever that motivation is, does not make it any more or less against the rules to post sexist comments.

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2016, 6:19 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
wilburforce wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
wilburforce wrote:
AspieGuy96 wrote:

dude he literally said she isnt lonely because she isnt a slut. Why are her feelings irrelevant.

I do believe the sexism was in the suggestion that make up, tight clothing, sex are all men want from women. This is sexist against women because it suggests their personality means nothing. Its also sexist against men because it suggests they are dumb sex beasts.

It was well beyond ignorance.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2016, 7:36 pm

I think that there are different ways to meet people.
But in my experience it depends on how you are and how others are around you as to whether you pick up dates and find someone.

I think that there are also cultural differences that also have an impact on as to whether you will pick up dates.
I live in the UK, on a small island which is very conservative. I think unless a guy is a complete stud or at least has extremely good social / flirting skills, guys will rarely get asked out and as the woman, who are usually very conservative on this will expect the man to ask out the woman.

That's why so many woman end up with real jerks.

But back to the original topic. I think that the 19 year old girl has loads of potential to get dates.
I would recommend looking in areas of interest. Sharing an interest is also really healthy and will give both partners something to talk about that is in their common interest. You can also hang out while doing the interest.

I think that this would probably be my ideal partnership with someone who shares the same obsessional interests.
(which for me at the mo, is Judo / kickboxing and DIY music producing). Although I understand that what or who i am looking for is extremely rare especially in the small island that i live.

I recently discovered a website that looks interesting.
https://www.aspieology.com/

it looks worth a shot, especially if it is designed specifically for dating and networking people with the same mindsets.

On a really positive note, 19 is so young, and although it may feel like you have been alone all your life
and that it may feel like your so different because everyone else has a partner. I wouldn't worry too much.
better you find someone compatible.

At least being an aspie in this day and age is becoming quiet normal instead of what it was when i was 19 (should i say undiagnosed). I also imagine that the aspie knowledge is only going to get bigger.
so don't think you will have a problem in the long term.

I mean, i know a couple even in the small island that i live that is made up of one very autistic girl and a guy with severe learning difficulties. They appear to get on most the time, even if they have problems with communication etc. So that to me is very positive as it shows it can be done.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2016, 8:32 am

Alliekit wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
wilburforce wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
wilburforce wrote:
AspieGuy96 wrote:

dude he literally said she isnt lonely because she isnt a slut. Why are her feelings irrelevant.

I do believe the sexism was in the suggestion that make up, tight clothing, sex are all men want from women. This is sexist against women because it suggests their personality means nothing. Its also sexist against men because it suggests they are dumb sex beasts.

It was well beyond ignorance.

Welcome to the trump age.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Nov 2016, 4:49 pm

You could try meeting guys online like on dating sites or this forum for example. Some of us Aspies communicate better online because we express ourselves better through writing & feel less shy communicating with people online. We can meet people online that we would never come across offline. I met two exes & my current girlfriend on forums. I met the 2nd two on this one.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2016, 12:07 pm

Has anyone noticed that the OP hasn't posted anything on WP at since starting this thread?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2016, 12:43 pm

Jono wrote:
Has anyone noticed that the OP hasn't posted anything on WP at since starting this thread?

Maybe that Aspieguy96 scared her.

Or she found a boyfriend already among the dozen of single male WPers who were filling her inbox :lol:.

MascotGirl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Nov 2016, 3:47 pm

Sorry for the late reply. I've been so busy the past week that I haven't had the chance to check my email until now. Thanks so much for all the replies and insight into this topic. It's very much appreciated.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2016, 6:07 pm

MascotGirl wrote:
Sorry for the late reply. I've been so busy the past week that I haven't had the chance to check my email until now. Thanks so much for all the replies and insight into this topic. It's very much appreciated.

So are you going to apply Aspieguy96's.... plan?

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 1:00 am

I am, at least that's how I feel. I get tremendous anxiety being around people so I avoid contact. You have the benefit of being female so if you want attention from the opposite sex it shouldn't be hard to get. Just be careful of the intentions behind said attention. Please excuse any ignorance on this subject, my knowledge is limited.

MascotGirl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Nov 2016, 2:07 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MascotGirl wrote:

I'm not going to use Aspieguys plan.

MascotGirl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Nov 2016, 2:18 am

Thanks so much for all the replys and I'm very sorry that it took so long to reply back. Sometimes I think my issue on dating is that I've had a couple of really bad encounters with guys in the past. So when I try to open up to a guy, I almost immediately shut down because of the fear of having the past repeat itself.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 2:20 am

MascotGirl wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MascotGirl wrote:

I'm not going to use Aspieguys plan.

Phew...