Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2017, 10:51 am

So, a girl swiped right on me on Tinder. She likes a few of the same things I do. She's no supermodel, but she's still decently pretty. We've been talking since Sunday, and we get along well. Problem is, she lives five hours away from me and was only in town to visit. She says her next visit won't be for another month. She's thinking about moving over here, but she can't afford it now and probably won't be able to for at least a year. And yet, she's still texting me, and has expressed interest in dating me. It's just... is it even worth it? I don't do long distance relationships, and I have absolutely no guarantee that it would ever be anything but that. I'm 90% sure I'm just wasting my time here. What do you think?

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2017, 12:11 pm

I think you just answered your own question.
But seeing as you want it validated.. sure, you're wasting your time even if she does like you.

Perhaps you might feel differently about LDR's in the future but for now it seems they aren't your bag.

broben05
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jan 2017, 12:25 pm

Wasting time is believing you can determine the future. Perhaps keeping in contact and not overthinking it or trying to make it a LDR might be positive. Also a thought is that Tinder is a hookup App use it as such primarily.

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2017, 12:48 pm

broben05 wrote:
Tinder is a hookup App use it as such primarily.

That's what people keep telling me, but every girl I get a swipe right from says she's looking for a relationship. Literally the only time I've been told they were looking for a hookup, they were spambots wanting my personal information.

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2017, 1:18 pm

You could continue to talk to her online because you never know - just don't put too much faith it in, and certainly don't give her money or anything.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2017, 4:40 pm

broben05 wrote:
Also a thought is that Tinder is a hookup App use it as such primarily.

It is just a myth, probably because of its parent App Grindr which is for gays.

Almost every woman on tinder puts on her profile "no hookup", straight women don't need to use tinder or any app to get a hookup, this group has it the easiest for hookups (but lesbian DO need them and do seek hookup on dating apps a lot), they use it for long terms or for boasting-fun only (with no dating intention, like those who link it to 1000 Instagram photos).

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2017, 4:43 pm

ThisAdamGuy wrote:
So, a girl swiped right on me on Tinder. She likes a few of the same things I do. She's no supermodel, but she's still decently pretty. We've been talking since Sunday, and we get along well. Problem is, she lives five hours away from me and was only in town to visit. She says her next visit won't be for another month. She's thinking about moving over here, but she can't afford it now and probably won't be able to for at least a year. And yet, she's still texting me, and has expressed interest in dating me. It's just... is it even worth it? I don't do long distance relationships, and I have absolutely no guarantee that it would ever be anything but that. I'm 90% sure I'm just wasting my time here. What do you think?

Waste of time, she can find 100 guys on tinder who are 2 blocs away. Why will she pick a guy who is living 5 hours away over the abundance of choices at her disposal?

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2017, 3:11 pm

Could just talk to her for practice?