Is it really that difficult to understand the friendzone?

Page 2 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jan 2008
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,002
Location: The Landmass between N.O. and Mobile

24 Mar 2017, 8:38 pm

Aaendi wrote:
I wish feminists would just talk English and use logic and go by the classic moral relationship model that was working for centuries. Now we have to change the way we talk, our entire reasoning skills and the way we interact just because of feminists political movement. Every day is opposite day to a feminist. Concent is rape, nice is bad, predator is prey, to owe means not to owe. Nothing makes sense anymore. Everything that's right is now wrong. The sky is red, because "blue skies are only pretending to be blue to get laid."

Dude, chill!! ! Feminism has no sway over me. It does not have any power over me at all. Just ignore them and quit whining about it!

If it helps any at all, the radical feminism strains of the 1970's are rapidly fading. They are irrelevant. Those types of women have given feminism such a horrible reputation that younger women activists are starting to shy away from the term. Even the most strident of them don't call themselves feminists anymore.

Face it, we live in a post-feminist world now. Haters are irrelevant. Their noise is the mere rustling of leaves in autumn, and their winter is fast approaching. Let it go.

The only relevant women's issues anyone need concern themselves with is sexual trafficking, equal work/equal pay, and whether our society is still ok with ongoing infanticide. PLEASE show me what ANY of those things have to do with our abilities in asking a girl out, relationships, and intimacy.



TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2014
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,121
Location: Hampshire

24 Mar 2017, 8:41 pm

AngelRho wrote:
Aaendi wrote:
I wish feminists would just talk English and use logic and go by the classic moral relationship model that was working for centuries. Now we have to change the way we talk, our entire reasoning skills and the way we interact just because of feminists political movement. Every day is opposite day to a feminist. Concent is rape, nice is bad, predator is prey, to owe means not to owe. Nothing makes sense anymore. Everything that's right is now wrong. The sky is red, because "blue skies are only pretending to be blue to get laid."

Dude, chill!! ! Feminism has no sway over me. It does not have any power over me at all. Just ignore them and quit whining about it!

If it helps any at all, the radical feminism strains of the 1970's are rapidly fading. They are irrelevant. Those types have women have given feminism such a horrible reputation that younger women activists are starting to shy away from the term. Even the most strident of them don't call themselves feminists anymore.

Face it, we live in a post-feminist world now. Haters are irrelevant. Their noise is the mere rustling of leaves in autumn, and their winter is fast approaching. Let it go.

The only relevant women's issues anyone need concern themselves with is sexual trafficking, equal work/equal pay, and whether our society is still ok with ongoing infanticide. PLEASE show me what ANY of those things have to do with our abilities in asking a girl out, relationships, and intimacy.

Broadly looking at things, yes. Men and women shouldn't have a problem asking each other out in the Western world. If they do, that problem lies with the individuals who put restraints on themselves and others at this point in time.


_________________
Yours sincerely, some dude.


MushroomPrincess
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 26 Feb 2017
Age: 34
Gender: Female
Posts: 234

24 Mar 2017, 10:46 pm

Aaendi wrote:
the black guy in the sunglasses

Sorry, but this is really bugging me.

His name is Morpheus. Played by Lawrence Fishburne. Have you never seen the Matrix? :? :?



cberg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,159
Location: Boulder CO

25 Mar 2017, 12:03 am

^ :lol: :lmao:

Anyways I feel like it's misguided to infer most people here don't understand it, I'm a guy but it affects anyone.


_________________
"Standing on a well-chilled cinder, we see the fading of the suns, and try to recall the vanished brilliance of the origin of the worlds."
-Georges Lemaitre
"I fly through hyperspace, in my green computer interface"
-Gem Tos :mrgreen:


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,276
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

25 Mar 2017, 12:27 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:
Aaendi wrote:
It's misandrist for someone to think that all men want is sex and that all men can't take no for an answer.

As an asexual, I woul dagree with this.


Why do you disagree though, of course guys want sex...but I don't think that is 'all' they all want.

Um, because it's misandrist to think ALL men want is sex?
And that ALL MEN can't take no for an answer?

No one including me disagreed that guys want sex.
You your self agree that you don't think it's all they want.
So why are you taking me out of context?

I never disagreed, if you are to backtrack. I did agree with a statement. Who did I disagree with, to be exact and specific?
My god, help...Sweatleaf. Are you ok?


I am quite fine, I thought you meant you disagreed that its misandrist for someone to think all men want is sex...as the post you responded to states it is misandrist to think that's all guys want and you said you disagree.



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,276
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

25 Mar 2017, 12:32 am

MushroomPrincess wrote:
Aaendi wrote:
the black guy in the sunglasses

Sorry, but this is really bugging me.

His name is Morpheus. Played by Lawrence Fishburne. Have you never seen the Matrix? :? :?


True, and its a meme...memes dont always perfectly fit the point people post them for.



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,506
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

25 Mar 2017, 3:45 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Image


You need to actually watch the show...pretty sure it was a bit of humor to comfort the slave girl she just freed, if you watch it will become very clear she does not wish every male to die.

But for real, you should watch it everyone should watch game of thrones.


Jeez it was just a joke meme.

Sweetleaft, you are always in "Defend the females" mode, in almost all threads here.



Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Sep 2014
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,915
Location: Anzio, Italy

25 Mar 2017, 8:21 am

MushroomPrincess wrote:
Aaendi wrote:
the black guy in the sunglasses

Sorry, but this is really bugging me.

His name is Morpheus. Played by Lawrence Fishburne. Have you never seen the Matrix? :? :?

Wasn't it Ray Charles? :o



Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Mar 2016
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,182
Location: England

25 Mar 2017, 8:55 pm

Aaendi wrote:
She is like "if you ever been put in the friendzone, you think women owe you sex." What if we were friends and I just happened to ask her out once, got rejected but tried to remain friends anyway? Does she considers that "entitled behavior" if I only tried asking her once?


Actually she said "these men" as in the subset of men. She also used the phrase "you know the ones" suggesting she is referring to a specific group of men.

Also it's the guys saying they have been friend zoned not the women who rejet them. So if a guy feels he has been friend zoned isn't that because he felt entitled to something. If he didn't then he isnt friend zoned he has chosen to remain friends.

She isnt annoyed with guys asking her out but with guys having a go at her when she declines which I think it's fair. Its like a woman going psycho and saying you have a small dick just because you rejected her.



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,276
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

25 Mar 2017, 9:11 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Image


You need to actually watch the show...pretty sure it was a bit of humor to comfort the slave girl she just freed, if you watch it will become very clear she does not wish every male to die.

But for real, you should watch it everyone should watch game of thrones.


Jeez it was just a joke meme.

Sweetleaft, you are always in "Defend the females" mode, in almost all threads here.


Not sure how it defends anyone to point out why it seems out of context...



ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 May 2015
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 692
Location: Northwest Arkansas

25 Mar 2017, 9:16 pm

The friendzone is real, and it doesn't just apply to guys who want sex. If you've got a crush on your best friend and you finally admit it, and they reject you, it can be really freaking hard to keep having a normal friendship with them. You'll constantly be reminded of the fact that they rejected you, and they'll constantly be reminded that you have really strong feelings for them that are probably still there. It'll be awkward at best, painful at worst. Friendships can end over things like that. So yeah, it's real. It's real and it sucks.


_________________
Autistic author of fantasy novels. Read them for free HERE!


RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,501
Location: Adelaide, Australia

26 Mar 2017, 4:18 am

PhoenixFalcon wrote:
I understand the term "friendzone" has taken on a different meaning as of late, but the original term refers to when someone that you like romantically only thinks of you as a friend. And let's be honest here, who wouldn't feel at least a little sad in that situation?
Is the article saying that if you feel sad in that situation you're treating women like sex objects?

I'd feel sad in that situation but my main interest in relationships is to find a deeper companionship. Sex is fun but it gets samey after a while.

I know it sounds ridiculous for a feminist to say that guys say things like "I spent $50 on dinner so she owes me sex" but a few guys like that exist. The ridiculous thing is for feminists to say all guys are like that. They say they want to eliminate gender based stereotypes but what they mean is they want to eliminate female stereotypes while perpetuating male stereotypes.

Quote from the article
“A man claiming to be ‘friend zoned’ by a girl suggests that the only reason he was nice to her in the first place was for the potential of sex,”

I know a lot of men desire relationships with women but I think the woman who wrote this article has a very limited and adolescent understanding of relationships if she thinks relationships are nothing more than sex.


_________________
The days are long, but the years are short


Last edited by RetroGamer87 on 26 Mar 2017, 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,501
Location: Adelaide, Australia

26 Mar 2017, 4:21 am

AngelRho wrote:
If it helps any at all, the radical feminism strains of the 1970's are rapidly fading.
Of course it is fading. Feminism is subject to the same forces of memetic evolution as any other cultural movement.

Most people see the RadFems are ridiculous so they quickly die out. Most people don't see the moderate feminists as ridiculous so the moderate feminists persist.

There are still a few RadFems left but in the coming decades, feminism will become more moderate as the RadFems are ridiculed and then ignored by the wider culture.


_________________
The days are long, but the years are short


Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 31 Aug 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 363

26 Mar 2017, 2:57 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I know it sounds ridiculous for a feminist to say that guys say things like "I spent $50 on dinner so she owes me sex" but a few guys like that exist.

It's ironic how if you choose not to waste money on women you're not even interested in, they think you're just "mad because she's not having sex with you." What if you just don't want to waste money.



Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Mar 2016
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,182
Location: England

26 Mar 2017, 4:24 pm

Aaendi wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
I know it sounds ridiculous for a feminist to say that guys say things like "I spent $50 on dinner so she owes me sex" but a few guys like that exist.

It's ironic how if you choose not to waste money on women you're not even interested in, they think you're just "mad because she's not having sex with you." What if you just don't want to waste money.


I think you misunderstood what retro was saying. He's not saying women expect you to spend money on them but that some (a very few) expect something if they spend money on someone.



RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,501
Location: Adelaide, Australia

26 Mar 2017, 10:22 pm

Alliekit wrote:
Aaendi wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
I know it sounds ridiculous for a feminist to say that guys say things like "I spent $50 on dinner so she owes me sex" but a few guys like that exist.

It's ironic how if you choose not to waste money on women you're not even interested in, they think you're just "mad because she's not having sex with you." What if you just don't want to waste money.

I think you misunderstood what retro was saying. He's not saying women expect you to spend money on them but that some (a very few) expect something if they spend money on someone.

You have both understood a part of what I was saying. Yes, there are few guys who expect sex in return for a meal, which is wrong.

Based on these few guys, some women generalise all men as being like that, which is also wrong.


_________________
The days are long, but the years are short