Is it really that difficult to understand the friendzone?

Page 4 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Zed90230
Raven
Raven

Joined: 4 Jan 2017
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 117

28 Mar 2017, 9:19 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
I believe Alliekit. Check out r/incels if you want to see some examples of self-proclaimed "nice-guys" who are in fact bat-shit crazy and evil.


Yeah, they and the MGTOW crowd as well... MGTOW aren't "men going their own way", they're a bunch of Archie Bunker wannabes who want everything to be just the way it was in the 1950s. They're basically in a death spiral of blaming all their own bad decisions on liberals (whatever that word is supposed to mean anymore), feminists, Martians, etc etc... anyone but themselves.



AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jan 2008
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,002
Location: The Landmass between N.O. and Mobile

28 Mar 2017, 10:29 am

Zed90230 wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
I believe Alliekit. Check out r/incels if you want to see some examples of self-proclaimed "nice-guys" who are in fact bat-shit crazy and evil.


Yeah, they and the MGTOW crowd as well... MGTOW aren't "men going their own way", they're a bunch of Archie Bunker wannabes who want everything to be just the way it was in the 1950s. They're basically in a death spiral of blaming all their own bad decisions on liberals (whatever that word is supposed to mean anymore), feminists, Martians, etc etc... anyone but themselves.

I don't know much about mgtow. But I do see similar kinds of complaints on here. Contrary to popular belief, liberals and feminists don't own the place. I like my conservative environment and the people. I dislike the foaming-at-the-mouth type of feminist. You know what I do if I accidentally run into one? I NEVER SPEAK TO HER AGAIN!! ! What is so difficult about this?



Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Mar 2016
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,182
Location: England

28 Mar 2017, 11:40 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
I think "friendzone" is a harmless, fair word to use so long as it's not used bitterly.

For instance; Bob and Alice have been friends for a long time. Bob develops a crush on Alice, Alice isn't interested. Therefor, Bob is in the friendzone. Bob isn't bitter about it because he's not a jerk, but naturally he's disappointed that things won't progress further.

Is that usage of the word really something that upsets people?


No no no, it means he was pretending friendship all along; you know, because Bob was supposed to know whether he likes her or not in the first 15 seconds he met her and reveals his true intentions back then; God forbids that it took him time with her to develop feelings. He is not a man, he is a liar Nice Guy.
The slightest feeling of disappointment means that he feels he was ENTITLED to her pants, therefore he is a dirty Friendzoned pig who deserves to die.

/TypicalInternetMenHater_Mode.
/Typical Narrative.


:roll: It's only when a guy gets upset and is rude that he is labelled as such. Usually a Nice Guy(tm) uses insults once rejetted such as:

Fat
Ugly
LesbIan
Slut
'You only date douchebags so can see when a nice guy like me comes along'
'You are too confident considering you're ugly'
'You're boyfriend only wants you for sex not like a good guy like me'
'Unlike other men I see you have a wonderful personality' 5 minutes later 'I hoped you get used by some douche bag slut"

And those are the tame insults. So yea you guys have it bad with girls assuming but instead of being pissed at the women why not be pissed at the men using these insults and giving real nice guys a bad name.


You know...honestly I think these either came from drunk, drugged guys or you make up stuff (or too spiced up).
These are so cliche Nice Guy lines.


They are genuine lines that my two friends have recieved and some are what I recieved in okcupid. I mostly get called fat and ugly. My friend B Gets alot of slut, lesbian and friend S gets alot of stuck up, douchebags etc.

I wish thesee guys were drunk etc but sadly they actually belive you are disrepecting them when you say "I'm sorry I'm not interested" or "sorry I don't feel any chemistry". On the other hand I did have one gentleman change his profile pic to a dick pic when I politely declined his invitation for sex in order to "convince me"

If you think I'm lying you should check out bye felipe or the nice guys subreddit. It's not an unusual occurance.

Also things are often cliché for a reason (i.e. they are used alot). Weirdly enough they aren't that creative with their insults.



So some of these lines are stories told to you by others; and some of these lines you received from internet trolls - and not from some former friends who were secret admirers toward you and turned into jerks after rejecting them (which is the typical description of Nice Guy).

So I don't know what your reply had anything to do with my post at all, I was clearly referring to a scenario of unrequited love between two friends (IN REAL LIFE; not the internet) why did it even bother you in the first place? - I was not referring to random insults from some random internet trolls on okc or whatever.


Some were ones I recieved in response to not being intrested and others my firmed have shown me. One particular head case stalked my friend (the last 2 were from that guy he proceded to send worse awful things and the police got involved)

I replied because you suggested that was a typical narrative that the woman was assuming as a man hater. I was just saying that there might be a reason for being careful. I know it put me off using ok cupid for a little while but then I grew a thick skin. If you want a more detailed message I recieved.

Guy: I'm looking for a mistress would you be interested?
Me: No thank you I believe in being monogamous
Guy: well I wouldn't want a fat and ugly chick like you anyway good luck finding a guy!

Another stranger one
Guy: if you were a bird you would be a peacock because you are sexy and colourful.
Me: I would rather be like a bird of prey cause they are pretty cool and peacocks are just pretty
Guy: I was trying to compliment you stuck up b***h

I just wanted to be an eagle or something :lol:



AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jan 2008
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,002
Location: The Landmass between N.O. and Mobile

28 Mar 2017, 12:08 pm

Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
I think "friendzone" is a harmless, fair word to use so long as it's not used bitterly.

For instance; Bob and Alice have been friends for a long time. Bob develops a crush on Alice, Alice isn't interested. Therefor, Bob is in the friendzone. Bob isn't bitter about it because he's not a jerk, but naturally he's disappointed that things won't progress further.

Is that usage of the word really something that upsets people?


No no no, it means he was pretending friendship all along; you know, because Bob was supposed to know whether he likes her or not in the first 15 seconds he met her and reveals his true intentions back then; God forbids that it took him time with her to develop feelings. He is not a man, he is a liar Nice Guy.
The slightest feeling of disappointment means that he feels he was ENTITLED to her pants, therefore he is a dirty Friendzoned pig who deserves to die.

/TypicalInternetMenHater_Mode.
/Typical Narrative.


:roll: It's only when a guy gets upset and is rude that he is labelled as such. Usually a Nice Guy(tm) uses insults once rejetted such as:

Fat
Ugly
LesbIan
Slut
'You only date douchebags so can see when a nice guy like me comes along'
'You are too confident considering you're ugly'
'You're boyfriend only wants you for sex not like a good guy like me'
'Unlike other men I see you have a wonderful personality' 5 minutes later 'I hoped you get used by some douche bag slut"

And those are the tame insults. So yea you guys have it bad with girls assuming but instead of being pissed at the women why not be pissed at the men using these insults and giving real nice guys a bad name.


You know...honestly I think these either came from drunk, drugged guys or you make up stuff (or too spiced up).
These are so cliche Nice Guy lines.


They are genuine lines that my two friends have recieved and some are what I recieved in okcupid. I mostly get called fat and ugly. My friend B Gets alot of slut, lesbian and friend S gets alot of stuck up, douchebags etc.

I wish thesee guys were drunk etc but sadly they actually belive you are disrepecting them when you say "I'm sorry I'm not interested" or "sorry I don't feel any chemistry". On the other hand I did have one gentleman change his profile pic to a dick pic when I politely declined his invitation for sex in order to "convince me"

If you think I'm lying you should check out bye felipe or the nice guys subreddit. It's not an unusual occurance.

Also things are often cliché for a reason (i.e. they are used alot). Weirdly enough they aren't that creative with their insults.



So some of these lines are stories told to you by others; and some of these lines you received from internet trolls - and not from some former friends who were secret admirers toward you and turned into jerks after rejecting them (which is the typical description of Nice Guy).

So I don't know what your reply had anything to do with my post at all, I was clearly referring to a scenario of unrequited love between two friends (IN REAL LIFE; not the internet) why did it even bother you in the first place? - I was not referring to random insults from some random internet trolls on okc or whatever.


Some were ones I recieved in response to not being intrested and others my firmed have shown me. One particular head case stalked my friend (the last 2 were from that guy he proceded to send worse awful things and the police got involved)

I replied because you suggested that was a typical narrative that the woman was assuming as a man hater. I was just saying that there might be a reason for being careful. I know it put me off using ok cupid for a little while but then I grew a thick skin. If you want a more detailed message I recieved.

Guy: I'm looking for a mistress would you be interested?
Me: No thank you I believe in being monogamous
Guy: well I wouldn't want a fat and ugly chick like you anyway good luck finding a guy!

Another stranger one
Guy: if you were a bird you would be a peacock because you are sexy and colourful.
Me: I would rather be like a bird of prey cause they are pretty cool and peacocks are just pretty
Guy: I was trying to compliment you stuck up b***h

I just wanted to be an eagle or something :lol:

Bird of prey, huh? Catch me...if you can! ;-)



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,506
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

28 Mar 2017, 2:27 pm

Quote:
On the other hand I did have one gentleman change his profile pic to a dick pic when I politely declined his invitation for sex in order to "convince me"


He was probably banned in no time, and for good.



Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Mar 2016
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,182
Location: England

28 Mar 2017, 2:40 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
On the other hand I did have one gentleman change his profile pic to a dick pic when I politely declined his invitation for sex in order to "convince me"


He was probably banned in no time, and for good.


The weird thing was that he was really proud of it. Like he didn't think it was weird at all.



Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Mar 2016
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,182
Location: England

28 Mar 2017, 2:41 pm

AngelRho wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
I think "friendzone" is a harmless, fair word to use so long as it's not used bitterly.

For instance; Bob and Alice have been friends for a long time. Bob develops a crush on Alice, Alice isn't interested. Therefor, Bob is in the friendzone. Bob isn't bitter about it because he's not a jerk, but naturally he's disappointed that things won't progress further.

Is that usage of the word really something that upsets people?


No no no, it means he was pretending friendship all along; you know, because Bob was supposed to know whether he likes her or not in the first 15 seconds he met her and reveals his true intentions back then; God forbids that it took him time with her to develop feelings. He is not a man, he is a liar Nice Guy.
The slightest feeling of disappointment means that he feels he was ENTITLED to her pants, therefore he is a dirty Friendzoned pig who deserves to die.

/TypicalInternetMenHater_Mode.
/Typical Narrative.


:roll: It's only when a guy gets upset and is rude that he is labelled as such. Usually a Nice Guy(tm) uses insults once rejetted such as:

Fat
Ugly
LesbIan
Slut
'You only date douchebags so can see when a nice guy like me comes along'
'You are too confident considering you're ugly'
'You're boyfriend only wants you for sex not like a good guy like me'
'Unlike other men I see you have a wonderful personality' 5 minutes later 'I hoped you get used by some douche bag slut"

And those are the tame insults. So yea you guys have it bad with girls assuming but instead of being pissed at the women why not be pissed at the men using these insults and giving real nice guys a bad name.


You know...honestly I think these either came from drunk, drugged guys or you make up stuff (or too spiced up).
These are so cliche Nice Guy lines.


They are genuine lines that my two friends have recieved and some are what I recieved in okcupid. I mostly get called fat and ugly. My friend B Gets alot of slut, lesbian and friend S gets alot of stuck up, douchebags etc.

I wish thesee guys were drunk etc but sadly they actually belive you are disrepecting them when you say "I'm sorry I'm not interested" or "sorry I don't feel any chemistry". On the other hand I did have one gentleman change his profile pic to a dick pic when I politely declined his invitation for sex in order to "convince me"

If you think I'm lying you should check out bye felipe or the nice guys subreddit. It's not an unusual occurance.

Also things are often cliché for a reason (i.e. they are used alot). Weirdly enough they aren't that creative with their insults.



So some of these lines are stories told to you by others; and some of these lines you received from internet trolls - and not from some former friends who were secret admirers toward you and turned into jerks after rejecting them (which is the typical description of Nice Guy).

So I don't know what your reply had anything to do with my post at all, I was clearly referring to a scenario of unrequited love between two friends (IN REAL LIFE; not the internet) why did it even bother you in the first place? - I was not referring to random insults from some random internet trolls on okc or whatever.


Some were ones I recieved in response to not being intrested and others my firmed have shown me. One particular head case stalked my friend (the last 2 were from that guy he proceded to send worse awful things and the police got involved)

I replied because you suggested that was a typical narrative that the woman was assuming as a man hater. I was just saying that there might be a reason for being careful. I know it put me off using ok cupid for a little while but then I grew a thick skin. If you want a more detailed message I recieved.

Guy: I'm looking for a mistress would you be interested?
Me: No thank you I believe in being monogamous
Guy: well I wouldn't want a fat and ugly chick like you anyway good luck finding a guy!

Another stranger one
Guy: if you were a bird you would be a peacock because you are sexy and colourful.
Me: I would rather be like a bird of prey cause they are pretty cool and peacocks are just pretty
Guy: I was trying to compliment you stuck up b***h

I just wanted to be an eagle or something :lol:

Bird of prey, huh? Catch me...if you can! ;-)


If he had responded like that he would have one me over even after calling me a peacock :lol:



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,268
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

28 Mar 2017, 3:39 pm

Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
I think "friendzone" is a harmless, fair word to use so long as it's not used bitterly.

For instance; Bob and Alice have been friends for a long time. Bob develops a crush on Alice, Alice isn't interested. Therefor, Bob is in the friendzone. Bob isn't bitter about it because he's not a jerk, but naturally he's disappointed that things won't progress further.

Is that usage of the word really something that upsets people?


No no no, it means he was pretending friendship all along; you know, because Bob was supposed to know whether he likes her or not in the first 15 seconds he met her and reveals his true intentions back then; God forbids that it took him time with her to develop feelings. He is not a man, he is a liar Nice Guy.
The slightest feeling of disappointment means that he feels he was ENTITLED to her pants, therefore he is a dirty Friendzoned pig who deserves to die.

/TypicalInternetMenHater_Mode.
/Typical Narrative.


:roll: It's only when a guy gets upset and is rude that he is labelled as such. Usually a Nice Guy(tm) uses insults once rejetted such as:

Fat
Ugly
LesbIan
Slut
'You only date douchebags so can see when a nice guy like me comes along'
'You are too confident considering you're ugly'
'You're boyfriend only wants you for sex not like a good guy like me'
'Unlike other men I see you have a wonderful personality' 5 minutes later 'I hoped you get used by some douche bag slut"

And those are the tame insults. So yea you guys have it bad with girls assuming but instead of being pissed at the women why not be pissed at the men using these insults and giving real nice guys a bad name.


You know...honestly I think these either came from drunk, drugged guys or you make up stuff (or too spiced up).
These are so cliche Nice Guy lines.


They are genuine lines that my two friends have recieved and some are what I recieved in okcupid. I mostly get called fat and ugly. My friend B Gets alot of slut, lesbian and friend S gets alot of stuck up, douchebags etc.

I wish thesee guys were drunk etc but sadly they actually belive you are disrepecting them when you say "I'm sorry I'm not interested" or "sorry I don't feel any chemistry". On the other hand I did have one gentleman change his profile pic to a dick pic when I politely declined his invitation for sex in order to "convince me"

If you think I'm lying you should check out bye felipe or the nice guys subreddit. It's not an unusual occurance.

Also things are often cliché for a reason (i.e. they are used alot). Weirdly enough they aren't that creative with their insults.


I had a guy I met at a bus stop that I exchanged numbers with and I told him we could try to get together and get to know each other sometime in the next couple weeks. Well the moment we parted ways and I got on the bus he started nonstop texting me how he loves, me and misses me and all this stuff...so I had to remind him we werent a couple yet and that I had agreed to get to know him not be his girlfriend yet. Well anyways the texts started getting much nastier, to the point I didn't even want to see him again to get to know him.

There was one other guy I thought of dating, but I decided against it as I wasn't that attracted and he was a lot more religious than I am...even tried to get me to go to his church, but yeah I am not into that at all so I ended up telling him I really wasn't interested in a relationship but he was a cool dude. And then he sent me a rude sexually explicit messege on facebook that was just gross...so I deleted his facebook from my friends list and may have blocked it.

So yeah I certainly don't think this sort of thing is 'made up'....



RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,501
Location: Adelaide, Australia

28 Mar 2017, 4:24 pm

Why is it so hard for guys to just be friends with a girl?


_________________
The days are long, but the years are short


The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,506
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

28 Mar 2017, 4:27 pm

Alliekit, Sweetleaf: All your stories have nothing to do with the topic of non-mutual love between two friends.



RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,501
Location: Adelaide, Australia

28 Mar 2017, 4:50 pm

What about platonic love? Some of my best friends have been girls.


_________________
The days are long, but the years are short


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,268
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

28 Mar 2017, 4:55 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit, Sweetleaf: All your stories have nothing to do with the topic of non-mutual love between two friends.


The topic is about the friendzone, if you read the title...

Pretty sure rejecting a guy for sex or romance is related to the friendzone.



RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,501
Location: Adelaide, Australia

28 Mar 2017, 4:57 pm

The term can have different meanings, some benign and some nasty.


_________________
The days are long, but the years are short


The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,506
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

28 Mar 2017, 5:02 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit, Sweetleaf: All your stories have nothing to do with the topic of non-mutual love between two friends.


The topic is about the friendzone, if you read the title...

Pretty sure rejecting a guy for sex or romance is related to the friendzone.


Yes still, the experiences you were talking about have nothing to do with the friendzone either.



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,268
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

28 Mar 2017, 5:09 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit, Sweetleaf: All your stories have nothing to do with the topic of non-mutual love between two friends.


The topic is about the friendzone, if you read the title...

Pretty sure rejecting a guy for sex or romance is related to the friendzone.


Yes still, the experiences you were talking about have nothing to do with the friendzone either.


In what way...the one guy I certainly put into my friend zone and then he sent a gross/rude message to me in 'retaliation' for me not becoming his girlfriend.

I could see the other one not fitting because he only made it to the 'just met you don't know what I think about you yet' before totally blowing it with the non-stop texting. But the other guy certainly was someone I talked to a few times thought they'd be good for a friend but had no romantic interest, so how does that have nothing to with the friendzone?

or are you just trying to have a go at me?



AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jan 2008
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,002
Location: The Landmass between N.O. and Mobile

28 Mar 2017, 5:16 pm

Alliekit wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
Bird of prey, huh? Catch me...if you can! ;-)


If he had responded like that he would have one me over even after calling me a peacock :lol:

:lol:
I thought so!

I don't know any sour grapes guys like that. But really, giving a woman a hard time over it is unnecessary. I hope anyone on here paying attention notices, hello, it's not that difficult! You're not a peacock or a dove, ok, I can accept that. So tell me more about this deadly bird of prey. :)