Is it really that difficult to understand the friendzone?

Page 1 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Mar 2017, 11:12 am

http://bust.com/feminism/8674-friend-zo ... dudes.html

...and this misandrist idiot wonders why nobody wants a "friendship" with her. She doesn't even have a comment section, because she knows how full of s**t she is. These people make me want to pull my hair out and bang my head on the wall until I have a brain concussion.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Mar 2017, 3:40 pm

Plus that matrix meme that feminists keep using over and over again where the black guy in the sunglasses says "What if I told you the friendzone isn't real and women aren't sex machines" makes litterally no sense what so ever.

The first part implies you don't believe in the friendzone myth the second part implies you do believe in the friendzone myth.

If it says, "what if I told you the friendzone isn't real because men DON'T think they're entitled to sex", then it would make perfect sense, but feminists can't think logically because logic is misogyny.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 3:57 pm

I don't quite understand what you're on about, I don't see what is misandrist about basically saying it is B.S to be nice to a girl or 'befriend' her just to get sex, and then be a dick to her if she's not interested in that.

A real friend will listen to their friend of an opposite gender complain about their ex or current relationship without expecting that friend to just date them instead. Also would listen to them speak positively of their relationship without hoping in the back of the mind that it fails and your opposite gender friend chooses you instead of their S.O.

Your not being a friend if you expect sex in return for kind behavior towards someone.

Is it really that difficult for some people to understand no means no?

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

It's misandrist for someone to think that all men want is sex and that all men can't take no for an answer.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 4:22 pm

I'm as anti-feminist as they come. Ask anyone here.

And even I will STILL tell you the friendzone thing is all in your head.

My beef with feminism is about identity politics, how it (identity politics) strips people of their humanity, and how it elevates a few at the expense of all. I'll be more feminist-friendly the more it shakes free of that and ceases to be an echo chamber.

I am a person who happens to be a man.

Women are PEOPLE who happen to be female. They are not objects existing only for the pleasure of any one person or group.

PEOPLE who love and trust each other enter relationships and enjoy mutual intimacy. PEOPLE who want to meet up and get laid will meet up with whom they choose and get laid. If you don't want to be with any one particular person, you don't have to be.

And most importantly: No one is obligated to service your romantic or sexual needs. If she wants you, go for it. If not, bye-bye.

There is no friendzone. Get over it.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Mar 2017, 4:43 pm

Can people stop throwing MRA stereotypes in my face? I don't expect sex in return. I don't think women are obligated to have sex with me for being nice. All I'm asking is for people to stop mind-policing me. How would you know what my intentions are?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 4:48 pm

Aaendi wrote:
It's misandrist for someone to think that all men want is sex and that all men can't take no for an answer.

I agree with that, but I didn't get the impression it was saying all men are like that.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Mar 2017, 5:43 pm

She is like "if you ever been put in the friendzone, you think women owe you sex." What if we were friends and I just happened to ask her out once, got rejected but tried to remain friends anyway? Does she considers that "entitled behavior" if I only tried asking her once?

PhoenixFalcon
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Mar 2017, 6:11 pm

I understand the term "friendzone" has taken on a different meaning as of late, but the original term refers to when someone that you like romantically only thinks of you as a friend. And let's be honest here, who wouldn't feel at least a little sad in that situation?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 6:25 pm

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Mar 2017, 7:25 pm

I wish feminists would just talk English and use logic and go by the classic moral relationship model that was working for centuries. Now we have to change the way we talk, our entire reasoning skills and the way we interact just because of feminists political movement. Every day is opposite day to a feminist. Concent is rape, nice is bad, predator is prey, to owe means not to owe. Nothing makes sense anymore. Everything that's right is now wrong. The sky is red, because "blue skies are only pretending to be blue to get laid."

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 7:38 pm

Aaendi wrote:

As an asexual, I woul dagree with this.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 7:56 pm

Aaendi wrote:
She is like "if you ever been put in the friendzone, you think women owe you sex." What if we were friends and I just happened to ask her out once, got rejected but tried to remain friends anyway? Does she considers that "entitled behavior" if I only tried asking her once?

I figured that was directed specifically at guys who think that, but I guess it is worded kind of generally and acussatory. I certainly don't think asking them out would constitute entitled behavior...it would be if you kept persisting.

IDK there is a movie called 'my best friends wedding' and its about this woman who finds out one of her best friends is going to get married to someone other woman...she becomes jealous and does everything she can to sabotage their relationship because she wants him for herself. But then towards the end she realizes how nasty shes been to both of them and it all works out, she makes up and they're all still friends cause its a movie...but yeah its a good example of someone refusing to take no for an answer. It occurs to me IRL she likely would have ruined that friendship with her behavior.

Interesting also that this movie used a woman character as opposed to a male, this article does kinda seem to lean towards its guys who are most likely to behave that way.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 8:03 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

You need to actually watch the show...pretty sure it was a bit of humor to comfort the slave girl she just freed, if you watch it will become very clear she does not wish every male to die.

But for real, you should watch it everyone should watch game of thrones.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 8:05 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
Aaendi wrote:

Why do you disagree though, of course guys want sex...but I don't think that is 'all' they all want.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 8:10 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:
Aaendi wrote:

Why do you disagree though, of course guys want sex...but I don't think that is 'all' they all want.

Um, because it's misandrist to think ALL men want is sex?
And that ALL MEN can't take no for an answer?

No one including me disagreed that guys want sex.
You your self agree that you don't think it's all they want.
So why are you taking me out of context?

I never disagreed, if you are to backtrack. I did agree with a statement. Who did I disagree with, to be exact and specific?
My god, help...Sweatleaf. Are you ok?