Should a 29 year old guy be with a 37 year old woman?

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 5:04 pm

Who cares?

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 5:10 pm

Jacoby wrote:
8 years difference I don't think is too bad especially almost being 30 yourself

Emmanuel Macron, the 'centrist' candidate in the French election, is married to a woman 25 years older than him that use to be his former high school teacher so 8 really isn't too bad I think.

Old geezers marry younger women all the time. The younger generations always complain how things have changed, then why hasn't this way of thinking? Age shouldn't make a difference if you get along with each other in every other way. Like everyone says - age is just a number.

I'm an example. I don't feel or look my age. I want to still do things because since I've spent most of my life in school, I feel like I really haven't lived and want to do those things with a Hunny. Most of the guys older than me have outlived me by several lifetimes and are probably ready to "peter" out - literally. :mrgreen:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Last edited by nurseangela on 07 May 2017, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 5:11 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
This_Amoeba wrote:
She also has uneven skin tone that if cleared up would make her look way younger.
That may be due to age. Then again Asian skin is really oily so maybe it's caused by oily skin.
This_Amoeba wrote:
Also a little makeup would make her look way better too.
True, it would. She said she took the photo without makeup so it wouldn't be "false advertising". Personally I'm fine with girls wearing makeup. More than fine, I think girls should be encouraged to wear makeup.

She's already cute without makeup. You should google pictures of celebrities and models without makeup on, they look way different.

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 5:11 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Who cares?

Quite.

8 years is nothing anyway.

If you aren't phased by it; end of story.

Maybe think about taking her picture down though. I wouldn't be cool with that. It's disrespectful.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 5:14 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
What are your social values, if any. I don't mean to start an argument but think this will work better for some people than others.
My social values are mostly based around ensuring people don't view me negatively. I got a job so people wouldn't see me as an unemployed loser (it ended up benefiting me in other ways, I'm less restless now that I have something to do). I'm not saying that's the only benefit of having a partner but it's where social values come into it. Low self-esteem has turned me into the male version of Hyacinth Bucket (yes I know that's a bad thing).

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 5:17 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Old geezers marry younger women all the time.
Lucky geezers! :lol:

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

07 May 2017, 6:57 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
8 years difference I don't think is too bad especially almost being 30 yourself

Emmanuel Macron, the 'centrist' candidate in the French election, is married to a woman 25 years older than him that use to be his former high school teacher so 8 really isn't too bad I think.

Old geezers marry younger women all the time. The younger generations always complain how things have changed, then why hasn't this way of thinking? Age shouldn't make a difference if you get along with each other in every other way. Like everyone says - age is just a number.

I'm an example. I don't feel or look my age. I want to still do things because since I've spent most of my life in school, I feel like I really haven't lived and want to do those things with a Hunny. Most of the guys older than me have outlived me by several lifetimes and are probably ready to "peter" out - literally. :mrgreen:

The difference I guess is that older women probably would have a harder time starting a family with their younger partner than vice-versa, I am sure a lot of people don't care about that but it is a consideration as to why an older guy might marry significantly younger. I think it would be hard to be an equal partner with someone way younger/older than you if that's what's most important to you but you can have other priorities too of course.

There are plenty of guys interested in a more mature women but it might be hard for them to match your level, being a nurse really is a tireless job that I assume makes pretty good money so finding somebody that is a perfect equal match by those metrics might be tough. Desiring life experience & fun are valid priorities too I think, some people just get along even tho they are at different stations in life so its important to keep an open mind. You'll find someone, I am sure Angie.

BornThisWay
Toucan
Toucan

07 May 2017, 7:09 pm

Uhhh. since I'm definitely old enough to be your mom - I'm going to act like one
...there's absolutely no problem with someone 29 dating a 37 year old, but in your case, there might be an issue of maturity. Posting her picture and judging her looks is a rather thoughtless and shallow approach to forming a relationship. Yeah, I know - (oh boy do I know) that folks on the spectrum are on a different maturation track - but this approach to dating is what I'd expect from a high school boy.
Then again, is she NT or also on the spectrum?...she might not mind a discussion like this, or the exposure - then again, if I were you, I'd delete that foto (like yesterday!)

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 7:27 pm

To be honest I'm immature for my age

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 7:30 pm

I can't delete the photo. The edit button is no longer there. I can't edit my post.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 7:56 pm

BornThisWay wrote:
Uhhh. since I'm definitely old enough to be your mom - I'm going to act like one
...there's absolutely no problem with someone 29 dating a 37 year old, but in your case, there might be an issue of maturity. Posting her picture and judging her looks is a rather thoughtless and shallow approach to forming a relationship. Yeah, I know - (oh boy do I know) that folks on the spectrum are on a different maturation track - but this approach to dating is what I'd expect from a high school boy.
Then again, is she NT or also on the spectrum?...she might not mind a discussion like this, or the exposure - then again, if I were you, I'd delete that foto (like yesterday!)

QFT

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2017, 12:48 am

I don't think there's much difference between 29 and 37 developmentally...at least there isn't with me.

As far as looks go, if you want someone who looks younger, that's up to you. But youthful looks don't stick around long.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2017, 7:09 am

When I started my dating search, I aimed for women 3 years older to 7 years younger only. Why? Because I am 1) A late bloomer who was a kissless virgin at the time and 2) Men in general take longer to mature.

My first relationship was with someone 7 years younger than me. My second was with someone 6 months older and my final one was with someone 6 years older, who I married. She didn't even meet my dating criteria but was sent by eHarmony as a 'flex match'.

RetroGamer87 wrote:
My social values are mostly based around ensuring people don't view me negatively. I got a job so people wouldn't see me as an unemployed loser (it ended up benefiting me in other ways, I'm less restless now that I have something to do). I'm not saying that's the only benefit of having a partner but it's where social values come into it. Low self-esteem has turned me into the male version of Hyacinth Bucket (yes I know that's a bad thing).

Once you run out of Fs to give about what others think of you then you will find success with women. I know it's easier said than done though.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2017, 7:20 am

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
Once you run out of Fs to give about what others think of you then you will find success with women. I know it's easier said than done though.
I will try.

As you say, it's easier said then done, especially after I got a good job as a result of looking for a job because I wanted to people to view me as the type of guy who has a job.

That one success re-enforced the idea that keeping up appearances is beneficial.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2017, 7:41 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
GiantHockeyFan wrote:
I will try.

As you say, it's easier said then done, especially after I got a good job as a result of looking for a job because I wanted to people to view me as the type of guy who has a job.

That one success re-enforced the idea that keeping up appearances is beneficial.

I can relate to that. I find that the more I am around other people, especially when I have held jobs with a alot of social interaction, I start caring more about what people think. I periods where I have been more socially isolated, I tend to stop giving a damn.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2017, 8:10 am

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
When I started my dating search, I aimed for women 3 years older to 7 years younger only. Why? Because I am 1) A late bloomer who was a kissless virgin at the time and 2) Men in general take longer to mature.

My first relationship was with someone 7 years younger than me. My second was with someone 6 months older and my final one was with someone 6 years older, who I married. She didn't even meet my dating criteria but was sent by eHarmony as a 'flex match'.

RetroGamer87 wrote:

Another successful Eharmony Hunny match! :mrgreen:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.