Once and for all, the proof that dating sites=sausage fests

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 8:59 am

nurseangela wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
But any guy with minimal social life won't have a chance otherwise.
If they don't go out, where are they supposed to meet people?

Most people I know have met their partners on dating sites.
One of them is getting married in August.
Another has been with their partner three years.
The other has been dating for about three months and it seems to be going well.

Good answer. EHarmony is my last resort. There is no way for me to meet anyone - especially the kind of guy I want. My schooling is on line, I work nights, I don't have any single friends to go out with because they are all married, I hate bars, my hobbies are girly, and I stopped going to church. Even this dating site I am on isn't helping at the moment except giving me guys in other states. Ugh. I need an arranged marriage.

I am in a similar situation, socially, using dating sites is certainly a symptom of this lack. :(

Arrange marriage is becoming less common in my culture, but it still existing - and I so despise the idea :lol:.

Traditionally (in the Middle East and India and probably more to the East), the guy's mother or aunts seek (for her son) a bride among her friends' daughters / connections.

My mother never suggested or attempted to do that, it's not part of her psych to be a matchmaker, and probably knows I would be panicked by the idea.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 May 2017, 10:24 am

Value of a single man is a lot lower than a single woman, it's just a simple fact. Women don't need men to provide for them and it's become fashionable to have children out of wedlock, people do not care about bringing 2 families together anymore so the power dynamic has shifted so much you have this meat market mentality in an age of rampant narcissism. Not a good combination.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 8:36 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Don't be so sure nurse, I know that most women get very very annoyed when faced with this fact of dating sites , every woman whether irl or online I show her that gets sad or little upset at first- because this destroys the happy delusion they had that they're getting a lot of messages due to their interesting profile or good looks or whatever and suddenly realize that it's simply due to ...... economy.

It is a sad news for you, I know, but it's the reality of dating sites - wake up. You are in a virtual ocean of men.

In my case, it's the Aral Sea.

Anyway I agree it's better to meet people offline. So where do single women congregate?

1. Dance classes. For some reason a lot of women want to learn how to dance.
2. Cooking classes.
3. Painting classes.
4. Museums.
5. Cat rescue organizations (no joke, all of them here are female dominated).
6. Day spas.
7. Bookstores.
8. Communal gardens.

I forgot some.

9. Yoga classes.
10. Exercise classes.

Last edited by Chronos on 13 May 2017, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 9:33 pm

Men vastly outweigh the women?? This is not surprising at all =)

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 10:51 pm

Raleigh wrote:
But any guy with minimal social life won't have a chance otherwise.
If they don't go out, where are they supposed to meet people?

Most people I know have met their partners on dating sites.
One of them is getting married in August.
Another has been with their partner three years.
The other has been dating for about three months and it seems to be going well.

I've had mixed luck on dating sites (met my ex on Tinder, a fling on OkCupid and several other matches on OkCupid. It's become easier since I now have sexual experience, so I'm not as picky. Actually, a little experience doesn't hurt either.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 1:40 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Don't be so sure nurse, I know that most women get very very annoyed when faced with this fact of dating sites , every woman whether irl or online I show her that gets sad or little upset at first- because this destroys the happy delusion they had that they're getting a lot of messages due to their interesting profile or good looks or whatever and suddenly realize that it's simply due to ...... economy.

Dating is always an economy. It's exaggerated in online dating, but it's also noticeable in real life too.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 2:38 pm

The real question is why is this so important to you?

And I still was never overwhelmed by tons of messages during my time on okcupid, maybe a couple messages per week if that.

Lol maybe you should use the criteria women looking for men and then reduce your search area to specific regions then the entire world, and you will see there are indeed women on dating sites.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 4:19 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
The real question is why is this so important to you?

And I still was never overwhelmed by tons of messages during my time on okcupid, maybe a couple messages per week if that.

Lol maybe you should use the criteria women looking for men and then reduce your search area to specific regions then the entire world, and you will see there are indeed women on dating sites.

You are not making any sense honestly, how it doesn't matter to guys who are using them if there are so few girls there?

It's the same if set to local: sausage fest, local guys are like x10 in numbers, similar to worldwide; you seriously think I didn't compare that before?

Honestly you are one of the very females who don't get ovetwhlemed by tons of messages, maybe because of your hard metal looks which isn't mainstream - most women do get tons of messages tho. Fact.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 4:40 pm

Sweetleaf's profile picture is very intimidating.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 9:11 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Men vastly outweigh the women?? This is not surprising at all =)

Not only outweigh but outnumber as well.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 9:56 pm

The title of this thread makes me hungry for sausage.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 12:12 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
The title of this thread makes me hungry for sausage.

Online dating in a nutshell.

CivilSam
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Oct 2017, 1:55 am

I completely agree that it's a lot harder as a male to connect with someone on a dating site Boo and that women are flooded with a lot of messages from males as well. I completely get what you are saying and understand your frustration here.

I've been on a few dates with women who I met on dating sites and I'd ask them what it's like from their perspective. All of the women would tell me that most men that message them are, in relationships, married, clingy within the very first day of talking, can't keep a conversation going, lewd, send penis picture, or ask for nudes.

I would tell them about how from my experiences, I can read a woman's profile and send them a message that shows I genuinely read what they had to say, about 100 times, and maybe get one response back.

Also, I find it annoying how so many people post deceptive picture with angles that make them look skinny when they are overweight. Don't get me wrong, people have every right to be overweight if they want, but I work on my health, and take working out seriously, so my personal body preference in a partner ranges from curvy to fit. I just don't find obese attractive and it seems like so many people lie about this online as I have been on some very surprising dates when I meet the person and they look nothing like their pictures.

With all of this being said, I did meet my current girlfriend on OKC and we do have a lot in common. Granted, before the first date, conversing was rather rough as I personally like to get to know someone in person before I go on a date with them. It helps me feel at ease I guess.

Here is an observation about your many posts about your disdain for online dating.

Feel free not to do it. No one is forcing you to and you do have valid points, but from your many posts, you honestly seem to be upset about these things you point out, and you don't need to be. I mean everything I am saying positively and honestly hope it helps you in some way.

Boo, you seem to be obsessing about this and that might not be healthy. So online dating doesn't work for you. You have other options. There are meet ups where you can just meet random people who share similar interests to your own. I tried those and I honestly made some great friends. Who knows, you could meet someone you hit it off with just by going to activities you enjoy! If you say to yourself, I don't have any hobbies that people would like, then try new things! I joined a hiking club this summer and hiking wasn't my most favorite thing in the world, and you know what? I met a bunch of really cool people and have some great memories!

So Boo, nothing is going to change with this repetition that you seem to be in. If you do want to find someone, you are going to have to change your tactics because what you are doing now doesn't seem to be working for you. I know you can adapt and find what you are looking for, but maybe try doing so with an opened mind or different perspective?

I wish you the best man, I honestly do. If you ever need to just talk about what's working, what isn't or want any suggestions, feel free to PM me. What worked for me might not work for you but something has to eventually. Good luck!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 9:21 am

CivilSam wrote:
I completely agree that it's a lot harder as a male to connect with someone on a dating site Boo and that women are flooded with a lot of messages from males as well. I completely get what you are saying and understand your frustration here.

I've been on a few dates with women who I met on dating sites and I'd ask them what it's like from their perspective. All of the women would tell me that most men that message them are, in relationships, married, clingy within the very first day of talking, can't keep a conversation going, lewd, send penis picture, or ask for nudes.

I would tell them about how from my experiences, I can read a woman's profile and send them a message that shows I genuinely read what they had to say, about 100 times, and maybe get one response back.

Also, I find it annoying how so many people post deceptive picture with angles that make them look skinny when they are overweight. Don't get me wrong, people have every right to be overweight if they want, but I work on my health, and take working out seriously, so my personal body preference in a partner ranges from curvy to fit. I just don't find obese attractive and it seems like so many people lie about this online as I have been on some very surprising dates when I meet the person and they look nothing like their pictures.

With all of this being said, I did meet my current girlfriend on OKC and we do have a lot in common. Granted, before the first date, conversing was rather rough as I personally like to get to know someone in person before I go on a date with them. It helps me feel at ease I guess.

Here is an observation about your many posts about your disdain for online dating.

Feel free not to do it. No one is forcing you to and you do have valid points, but from your many posts, you honestly seem to be upset about these things you point out, and you don't need to be. I mean everything I am saying positively and honestly hope it helps you in some way.

Boo, you seem to be obsessing about this and that might not be healthy. So online dating doesn't work for you. You have other options. There are meet ups where you can just meet random people who share similar interests to your own. I tried those and I honestly made some great friends. Who knows, you could meet someone you hit it off with just by going to activities you enjoy! If you say to yourself, I don't have any hobbies that people would like, then try new things! I joined a hiking club this summer and hiking wasn't my most favorite thing in the world, and you know what? I met a bunch of really cool people and have some great memories!

So Boo, nothing is going to change with this repetition that you seem to be in. If you do want to find someone, you are going to have to change your tactics because what you are doing now doesn't seem to be working for you. I know you can adapt and find what you are looking for, but maybe try doing so with an opened mind or different perspective?

I wish you the best man, I honestly do. If you ever need to just talk about what's working, what isn't or want any suggestions, feel free to PM me. What worked for me might not work for you but something has to eventually. Good luck!

*chuckle*

Dude, today - on 27th October - is the beginning of the 6th month of the relationship with my current partner.

exy34
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2017, 1:00 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

It is a sad news for you, I know, but it's the reality of dating sites - wake up. You are in a virtual ocean of men.

Well, you explained very very well, I agree with you 101% :)

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2017, 1:24 am

Nobody deserves to have someone's genitals burned onto your retinas! I've been told by several people they've been assaulted by photos of guys junk even when they have had no contact with the sender, never ceases to astonish me. It's the way they complain that gets me, like just sighing as if it's just an acceptable risk you undertake using the sites. Why don't they just film themselves jacking off and put it on their birth certificate!