Daniel Radcliffe is such a "Nice Guy TM" douchebag

Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jul 2017, 10:07 pm

Quote:
“’Friendzoning’ is a terrible thing. The idea of a friend zone is like a terrible, male… have you ever heard a girl say she’s in the friend zone? It’s a thing I think men need to be really careful about using. When they were kicking around titles for What If, before What If was chosen, I think that came up, and I was like, ‘No! Don’t do that!’ […] I definitely think the idea of ‘friendzone’ is just men going, ‘This woman won’t have sex with me.’”

What this douchebag actually means by this:

Quote:
Hey, look at me. I am a feminist hero! All you other men out there are as*holes! I'm on the other hand is a supreme gentle who would never pretend to be nice just to trick women into having sex with me. I genuinely respect women.

Now have sex with me.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 10:29 am

I, um...don't really get that. At all. Harry Potter doesn't exactly have a lot of trouble finding girls if he wants them, so he has no need for the whiny-baby "I'm-nice-guy" or "I'm-not-a-nice-guy" whatever routine. People like Radcliffe don't have time for that crap.

Honestly, a lot of guys do fake the whole nice-guy thing and cry about how they can't get a girl to play with their dingaling. You know they aren't really nice guys because they can't keep the act up long enough to work. Bona fide jerks don't have that problem because they don't hide what they are, and girls who are into that enjoy their predictability and consistency. Genuine nice guys get similar results for the same reason--it's not an act. You're allowed to be a db and possibly get sex. Just first make sure girls understand where they stand with you. Then check your sense of entitlement at the door. That tends to be a turnoff whether you're a NG, Jerk, or standard issue, run-of-the-mill, no artificial flavors added DB.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jul 2017, 12:41 pm

It's only easy for him, because nobody calls him a "Nice Guy TM".

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 1:12 pm

The last I heard about Radcliffe's wealth, it was coasting in at about $110 million or more. He can afford to be exactly who he is.

But, before we criticize his success, it should also be considered that he was diagnosed with dyspraxia ( http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebri ... raxia.html ) also known as Developmental Coordination Disorder. Like autism, it is a lifelong condition, and is often a comorbid of autism ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developme ... nsequences ). As such, Radcliffe's charities include the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre where he is a patron ( https://www.autismresearchcentre.com/patrons ).

So, he could kick gnomes if he chooses (he doesn't), and I would still respect his social conscience on matters that help many of us in his community.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 2:02 pm

"Friend zoning" is a stupid concept. It implies that these people would have had a chance if they acted earlier. While it could be the case it is more likely they were never in the running. So either way it is a non-concept. It applies just as much to guys.

I'm not a fan of the feminist community, but that is a separate issue.

What is definitely true is bitterness and resentment is very unattractive. It is a massive drag to be around someone like that.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 2:06 pm

There is a element of true to what Daniel is saying.

Even if you are not a feminist you can't deny that most of us are sexual beings, and if you had such a status it is becuase they don't want to sleep with you.

However sex might not be the only objective.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 2:16 pm

Ok so the whole world's still conflating fiction with reality. Boring.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 2:17 pm

inb4 character assassination of Rowling.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 5:53 pm

I don't even see anything wrong with some psychology of a friendzone heuristic. The problem comes in the application of the term. The individual woman has not rejected the complainant. A massive conspiracy had determined that he will never get to play in her underwear area, backed by progressives, celebrities, educators, and too many other SJWs to name. It couldn't possibly be her preference or even his pathetic mindset.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 6:27 pm

Aaendi wrote:
Quote:
“’Friendzoning’ is a terrible thing. The idea of a friend zone is like a terrible, male… have you ever heard a girl say she’s in the friend zone? It’s a thing I think men need to be really careful about using. When they were kicking around titles for What If, before What If was chosen, I think that came up, and I was like, ‘No! Don’t do that!’ […] I definitely think the idea of ‘friendzone’ is just men going, ‘This woman won’t have sex with me.’”

Quote:
Hey, look at me. I am a feminist hero! All you other men out there are as*holes! I'm on the other hand is a supreme gentle who would never pretend to be nice just to trick women into having sex with me. I genuinely respect women.

Now have sex with me.

This comment railing against a celebrity's innocuous comments is very angry and bitter-sounding. If you are struggling getting along with women, might I suggest it may have something to do with that anger and bitterness showing through and scaring women away? If a guy I was on a date with or who I was friends with said something like this to me like you've said here, I would feel uncomfortable and unsafe and would look for an excuse to leave and not talk to him anymore. Have you ever talked to a therapist about this anger? Maybe that would help.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 7:08 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Aaendi wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Now have sex with me.

This comment railing against a celebrity's innocuous comments is very angry and bitter-sounding. If you are struggling getting along with women, might I suggest it may have something to do with that anger and bitterness showing through and scaring women away? If a guy I was on a date with or who I was friends with said something like this to me like you've said here, I would feel uncomfortable and unsafe and would look for an excuse to leave and not talk to him anymore. Have you ever talked to a therapist about this anger? Maybe that would help.

Pot calling the kettle black!

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 7:36 pm

I'm disappointed to see so much bitterphobia on here.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jul 2017, 7:38 pm

Aaendi wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Now have sex with me.

You're the one who is being bitter here.

Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 8:15 pm

Aaendi wrote:
Aaendi wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Now have sex with me.

You're the one who is being bitter here.

I fail to see how that is so. Can you explain how I am bitter but the OP is not?

Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 8:16 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
Aaendi wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Now have sex with me.

Pot calling the kettle black!

Can you explain why you say this? Because it's not apparent to me.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 8:17 pm

I'm curious how you can be bitter and bitter phobic simultaneously. :lol: