Why are women so triggered by the friendzone?

Page 16 of 18 [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Sep 2017, 6:32 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It depends on what was IN the cup.

If it was sulphuric acid, then I might get concerned.

It would still be an accident, though. No ones fault (unless the guy deliberately startled her).

Its an accident, accidents happen. Someone has to take the fall for the cup being broken. It's no ones fault at the end because no one typically has to pay for it solo in this situation but that's because they are in a relationship. That shouldn't be the go to response.

If you drop a cup in a mall because someone startles you. You are paying for that cup, you are responsible because you dropped the cup.

If you drop a cup that does not belong to you even if you are startled it is your fault. -facepalm-

We are not debating the consequences of dropping said cup which normally ends in no one being held at fault because of the circumstances being reviewed by two parties. We are saying initially because you dropped the cup you are at fault. You held the cup, you dropped the cup.

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 6:35 pm

Since we're talking about accountability, what about the countless rape cases where the offender is let off the hook because "he couldn't help himself", perpetuating a narrative that says rape is just a thing that happens and we shouldn't make a big issue of it?

So why are we talking like "lacking accountability" is a predominately female phenomenon.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 6:42 pm

How does responsibility relate to the topic? Not the absurd hypothetical proposed in the first post, but the real world use of the term friend zone.

Are women responsible for giving men pants-feelings, or should the men take responsibility? Are you suggesting that the women need to take responsibility and make with the obligation sex? Please clarify.

Last edited by jrjones9933 on 15 Sep 2017, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Sep 2017, 6:43 pm

Barchan wrote:
Since we're talking about accountability, what about the countless rape cases where the offender is let off the hook because "he couldn't help himself", perpetuating a narrative that says rape is just a thing that happens and we shouldn't make a big issue of it?

So why are we talking like "lacking accountability" is a predominately female phenomenon.

Because a rapist is someone who doesn't have a good mind. And this is an example of an extreme look on this that has no relevance to the situation at hand. How a rapist can be even judged by normal standards as if they have a healthy mind is beyond me.

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Sep 2017, 6:46 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
How does responsibility relate to the topic? Not the absurd hypothetical proposed in the first post, but the real world use of the term friend zone.

Are women responsible for giving men pants-feelings, or should the men take responsibility? Are you suggesting that the women need to take responsibility and make with the obligation sex? Please clarify.

Somewhere down the line we got to a point where accountability is relevant. I don't remember how but we are there.
Hell no, women do not owe men sex ever UNLESS they are in a committed relationship which is a whole nother situation we are not debating right now.

This has nothing to do with pants feelings at all again. This has to do with the divide behind making progress in life and healthy thinking.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 6:47 pm

SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
Because a rapist is someone who doesn't have a good mind. And this is an example of an extreme look on this that has no relevance to the situation at hand. How a rapist can be even judged by normal standards as if they have a healthy mind is beyond me.

Wow. Total rape apologist. Did not see that coming.

Judging from your last post, spousal rape is impossible?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 6:49 pm

Nope...men are never "owed" sex.

Neither are women.

Even in marriage.

I once had a girlfriend who said I must make love to her six times a week in order to "fulfill my quota." I didn't like that too much.

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 6:54 pm

SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:

You're talking about accountability in regards to sexuality (cheating, etc.), so how is this irrelevant?

And don't imply that men who rape are somehow "abnormal" or less than sane. That removes accountability and rationalizes the crime. I don't know if you're trying to defend rapists but it's sure coming across that way.

Men who rape are 100% responsible for their actions, even if society wants to tell them they're not.

And no, Silverbolt, nobody ever owes anybody sex, not even in a committed relationship. WTF is wrong with you??? This is like, Women's Rights 101.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 6:54 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:

Odd, I don't recall him saying rape was ok.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Sep 2017, 6:56 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Nope...men are never "owed" sex.

Neither are women.

Even in marriage.

I once had a girlfriend who said I must make love to her six times a week in order to "fulfill my quota." I didn't like that too much.

There are a many men who would take that as a blessing. I don't what else to say.

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Sep 2017, 6:57 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:

What the hell am i reading LOL. You mentioned a rapist with no context so I assumed you were talking about a random joe rapist. Why are we talking about spouses raping each other now LOL

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Sep 2017, 7:02 pm

Barchan wrote:
SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:

You're talking about accountability in regards to sexuality (cheating, etc.), so how is this irrelevant?

And don't imply that men who rape are somehow "abnormal" or less than sane. That removes accountability and rationalizes the crime. I don't know if you're trying to defend rapists but it's sure coming across that way.

Men who rape are 100% responsible for their actions, even if society wants to tell them they're not.

And no, Silverbolt, nobody ever owes anybody sex, not even in a committed relationship. WTF is wrong with you??? This is like, Women's Rights 101.

Ok lets get off topic even more cause why the hell not.

So are you about to say in a commited relationship that the man should never at any point feel like he should have sex? Because I'm sure if a woman says that at the start. I will never feel like you should have sex, therefore you may never have sex with me and that is okay with me. Is that okay with you, that a man would be in a commited relationship with her?

Because no. There is an unspoken word in a couples agreement that sex will happen. It may not happen frequently as one party may like and as a result of that someone should speak up, but if your about to honestly say that a WOMAN in a relationship with a man should never expect to have herself sexed by him because she is owed nothing that is a broad statement. Notice how I flipped it and said woman because I want you to honestly tell me you can be in a relationship with someone where the man feels like he never has to give you sex because you are owed nothing from him. Because at it's core that doesn't sound like a relationship at all.

And using the word owed in this situation is BS anyway. Owed makes it sound like you own someone or you are not equal in someway, or it's a favor. In a relationship sure sex is not OWED but it is expected in someway unless stated otherwise before the relationship began. Don't see a lot of having too much sex wish I was having none with my other because I don't owe them anything.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 7:05 pm

I haven't ready any of the topic and already know it'll be amusing because it has already triggered people.

I'm gonna come back tomorrow and confirm it.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 7:24 pm

SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:

What the hell am i reading LOL. You mentioned a rapist with no context so I assumed you were talking about a random joe rapist. Why are we talking about spouses raping each other now LOL

A better assumption would be the average rapist, who is a friend or family member. Yes, spouses can rape each other. Recently, it was impossible.

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Sep 2017, 7:27 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:

A better assumption would be the average rapist, who is a friend or family member. Yes, spouses can rape each other. Recently, it was impossible.

OK Rape and or rapists have nothing to do with the friendzone and why women get upset at guys who don't like it at or to do with men who don't like the friendzone. Even thought the friendzone doesn't actually exist.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 7:27 pm

Seeing as you like to play on semantics to win your non-existing arguments I'm going to say that it was never impossible, but for the most part never considered for its taboo nature and peoples' unwillingness to challenge it.

EDIT: The above was obviously aimed at SJWjrjones, but the below is in response to the previous poster who managed to get in 30 seconds before me as I was finishing my post:

Yes, he has a habit of creating new problems to deal with where he is the solution to them, rather than fixing the existing ones in a way that actually helps the people discussing them. Don't fret, this is a fetish of his.