Why are women so triggered by the friendzone?

Page 18 of 19 [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2014
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,116
Location: Hampshire

15 Sep 2017, 7:27 pm

Seeing as you like to play on semantics to win your non-existing arguments I'm going to say that it was never impossible, but for the most part never considered for its taboo nature and peoples' unwillingness to challenge it.

EDIT: The above was obviously aimed at SJWjrjones, but the below is in response to the previous poster who managed to get in 30 seconds before me as I was finishing my post:

Yes, he has a habit of creating new problems to deal with where he is the solution to them, rather than fixing the existing ones in a way that actually helps the people discussing them. Don't fret, this is a fetish of his.


_________________
Yours sincerely, some dude.


SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2017
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 245
Location: South Carolina

15 Sep 2017, 7:41 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
Seeing as you like to play on semantics to win your non-existing arguments I'm going to say that it was never impossible, but for the most part never considered for its taboo nature and peoples' unwillingness to challenge it.

EDIT: The above was obviously aimed at SJWjrjones, but the below is in response to the previous poster who managed to get in 30 seconds before me as I was finishing my post:

Yes, he has a habit of creating new problems to deal with where he is the solution to them, rather than fixing the existing ones in a way that actually helps the people discussing them. Don't fret, this is a fetish of his.


I'm so confused is this about the rape?



TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2014
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,116
Location: Hampshire

15 Sep 2017, 7:46 pm

No, just how he brought that topic in here rather than debating the actual topic.


_________________
Yours sincerely, some dude.


SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2017
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 245
Location: South Carolina

15 Sep 2017, 7:48 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
No, just how he brought that topic in here rather than debating the actual topic.


LOL Wait WAS HE trolling holy s**t i took that bait well. I didn't realize that, I was like how did we get to the point of supporting rape....



jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2011
Age: 50
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,280
Location: The end of the northwest passage

15 Sep 2017, 7:50 pm

SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
I'm so confused is this about the rape?

He's trolling, and can't read well.

Can't read history if he doesn't know about spousal exceptions to rape laws.


_________________
"I find that the best way [to increase self-confidence] is to lie to yourself about who you are, what you've done, and where you're going." - Richard Ayoade


jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2011
Age: 50
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,280
Location: The end of the northwest passage

15 Sep 2017, 7:55 pm

SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:
No, just how he brought that topic in here rather than debating the actual topic.


LOL Wait WAS HE trolling holy s**t i took that bait well. I didn't realize that, I was like how did we get to the point of supporting rape....


You said all rapists have bad minds, and can't be judged by normal standards. That makes it impossible for a normal person to commit rape, which actually happens. It's called rape culture.


_________________
"I find that the best way [to increase self-confidence] is to lie to yourself about who you are, what you've done, and where you're going." - Richard Ayoade


Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Mar 2016
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,151
Location: UK

15 Sep 2017, 8:05 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
A better assumption would be the average rapist

What about an amazing rapist?



TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2014
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,116
Location: Hampshire

15 Sep 2017, 8:09 pm

Chichikov wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
A better assumption would be the average rapist

What about an amazing rapist?

11/10 would bang against my will


_________________
Yours sincerely, some dude.


sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,954
Location: US

15 Sep 2017, 9:49 pm

hurtloam wrote:
RandomFox wrote:
I really don't understand what's so horrible about the friendzone.
I was friendzoned a few times and two of those times were the beginning of good, solid friendships.
I value friendships as high as romantic relationships, so it wasn't a problem at all.


I struggle being friends with people in general, let alone men I have feelings for. Having feelings for them adds an extra dimension of awkwardness to social interaction.

Likewise but for women



bobchaos
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

Joined: 20 Aug 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 79
Location: Somewhere between the North pole and South pole

15 Sep 2017, 10:29 pm

This thread has turned a madhouse apparently powered by caffeine and personal agendas. WTH guys?

Also, how has no mod deleted this entire nightmare from existence yet?



TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2014
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,116
Location: Hampshire

16 Sep 2017, 1:45 am

Edit: Can see how this can be distasteful, regardless if whoever reports it does so under a pretense.


_________________
Yours sincerely, some dude.


hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,006
Location: Eyjafjallajökull

16 Sep 2017, 1:56 am

bobchaos wrote:
This thread has turned a madhouse apparently powered by caffeine and personal agendas. WTH guys?

Also, how has no mod deleted this entire nightmare from existence yet?


I honestly suspected that a little more than caffeine was involved :wink:



Booyakasha
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: 6 Oct 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,899

16 Sep 2017, 2:10 am

bobchaos wrote:
This thread has turned a madhouse apparently powered by caffeine and personal agendas. WTH guys?

Also, how has no mod deleted this entire nightmare from existence yet?


why bother? whatever we do we'll be lynched.

I'm gone from this place.


_________________
Seofet segotselrie nelonnaęll peolinmes le cath.


sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,954
Location: US

16 Sep 2017, 2:19 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Nope...men are never "owed" sex.

Neither are women.

Even in marriage.

I once had a girlfriend who said I must make love to her six times a week in order to "fulfill my quota." I didn't like that too much.

I have a too high sex drive but that'd putt me off.



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,984
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

16 Sep 2017, 3:41 am

Booyakasha wrote:
bobchaos wrote:
This thread has turned a madhouse apparently powered by caffeine and personal agendas. WTH guys?

Also, how has no mod deleted this entire nightmare from existence yet?


why bother? whatever we do we'll be lynched.

I'm gone from this place.


It's a thankless and unpaid job anyway- I wonder why anyone would want to be a mod. lol