meeting long distance partner for the first time?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

floodwater
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Sep 2017, 11:23 am

i've been dating my boyfriend for a few months, i feel really good about our relationship (this is rare because i typically hate relationships) and i'm flying out to visit him for the first time in a month, staying for a couple weeks.... i'm all kinds of excited but i'm also really nervous. he knows i'm autistic and have kinda weird behaviors and habits but i'm worried he thinks i'm exaggerating.... he's very supportive and kind and i'm not worried about him being a jerk or something, but it's hard not to be nervous about being a disappointment. what if i'm not what he expects? of course i've been fully honest and open with him about as much as possible, and he knows i'm hells of awkward because we call all the time, but what if that wasn't enough for him to fully understand? i know it's silly to just sit around worrying about it but i don't know how to ease these feelings.. anyone have any LDR success stories? advice? anything?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Nov 2017, 11:23 pm

All 3 of my relationships were long distance. I met my 2nd & current on this forum so I didn't have to worry too much about them not understanding my different Aspie quirks. It's good that you've been very upfront about things. We were both pretty anxious at 1st but the anxiety gradually got better. I know you left already but I don't have any advice to anyone reading this but I think this is a good thread.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition