Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 5:52 pm

Temeraire wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ Nope, it wasn’t fine - and it wasn’t “good for you” either. It was irrelevant to the topic and unecessary.

Stop trying to justify her.

But apology is accepted, at least by me.

I don't remember her offending you.
I can comment as I wish.

On the internet you can always choose to be offended by something.

Now I choose to be offended by your post.

Oh, be as offended as you like Boo.
I have no idea what actually offended you but this is your choice - stay as affronted as you like.
Life is too short to get all worked up over small comments.
From what I can see nobody actually aimed anything at you - but you took it.
Now I actually feel a bit sorry for you if this is how you feel most of the time.
Peace and love.

Well, boo is autistic like the rest of us.

OP created a thread on one of the biggest hubs for autistic men on the internet, just to say she won't date autistic men. I think that's a bit unecessary. I already know alot of women don't like aspies, I'm not an idiot, but seriously find some other forum if your intention is to express your disgust towards us.

For all the s**t people give me, atleast I don't go on forums for obese people, and start threads about not wanting to date them. Or walk into a black neighbour saying:"black people get on my nerves".

Yes we are all autistic including, Ashley, Boo, yourself and I.
I can see why some could get upset by this but it is same for same.
What I mean is that if I was a Southerner and said I don't date Southerners it would be different to me being a Northerner and saying I don't date Southerners.

I would also like to say she didn't express 'disgust', just a preference.
This has touched a lot of nerves, just the same as other discussions where preference is expressed.
Instead of getting angry and going on the defence or attack perhaps we could have some real in depth discussion around this and all learn something. I certainly have.

How’d you feel if I said aspie women are terrible I’d never date one. Normal nt women are far better.

She’s basing her preference off a single aspie man experience she could find a nt guy who’s exactly the same way.

There’s a lot of videos on YouTube by black men upset that black women won’t date them.

I dont know why she felt the need to say it. If I wouldn’t date aspie women I certainly wouldn’t mention it here. And I’ve had bad experience with an aspie woman but I don’t think all are like her
I find her post upsetting.
Doesn’t seem any different then a whit rich person who get mugged by a black man and thus dislikes black men cause he sees them all as thugs.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 3:35 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ Nope, it wasn’t fine - and it wasn’t “good for you” either. It was irrelevant to the topic and unecessary.

Stop trying to justify her.

But apology is accepted, at least by me.

I don't remember her offending you.
I can comment as I wish.

On the internet you can always choose to be offended by something.

Now I choose to be offended by your post.

Oh, be as offended as you like Boo.
I have no idea what actually offended you but this is your choice - stay as affronted as you like.
Life is too short to get all worked up over small comments.
From what I can see nobody actually aimed anything at you - but you took it.
Now I actually feel a bit sorry for you if this is how you feel most of the time.
Peace and love.

This time? Nothing, nothing at all.

I decided to be like ...well..like many women on WP, to be offended by anything of my choice. :lol:

Now I choose to be offended by your avatar. Don't ask why. This green thing...it offends me.

So ya don't like Gary Larson? Well Gary Larson is offended by you! :lol:

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 8:43 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
I honestly don't know what the OP is doing here.
Normal custom would be initially to welcome them and for members to offer insight but they've made it very clear they don't care for ASD and don't want to date anyone with that prerequisite.

EDIT: Perhaps I was over apprehensive.
But there is an old proverb that applies here: Beggars should not be choosers!

The more I read on this the more I am understanding.
We all have our sensitive spots and triggers.
I do like a proverb.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 4:57 am

sly279 wrote:
How’d you feel if I said aspie women are terrible I’d never date one. Normal nt women are far better.

People say that all the time. I don’t feel anything. It’s their preference and potentially their loss or gain, hence their problem.

People don’t have to find me attractive, even if they’re similar to me. I accept that. It seems a lot of people here can’t.

I can see how it might seem worse for aspie guys noone wants anyway, but looking at some of the toxic stuff men here spew, I’m not surprised they’re single. You don’t have to speak your true feelings in real life for people to pick up a vibe of concealed misogyny and entitlement. (I’m not referring to you specifically).

CivilSam
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Nov 2017, 2:30 am

ashleynd92 wrote:
So I have Asperger's. I am lower on the spectrum than most people that I have met with Asperger's. Their is a guy who I go to church with that I have a huge crush on. I have known him for a few months now. Aw far as I know, he doesn't know that I like him. I want to get to know him as a friend, but I am not sure how to do that. He is an extrovert and I am an ambivert.

Church guy here. When a girl suddenly starts sitting next to me on Sunday's sermon and in bible study I sort of get the hint that she is at least interested in seeing who I am as a person and if we fit personality wise. Just sit next to him during these times or if you have a fellowship afterwords with food. I mean even getting up during a fellowship when he is at the food table and asking him what he likes is a start. Seriously girl, I know it's hard, I'm on the spectrum too and can't even make eye contact with people, but my girlfriend is a church girl. We actually go to church together, and it's the best relationship I've had in my life. Just don't rush into things if he comes on too strong and does like you. Always keep a sound mind and take things slow. Best of luck, I hope you two manage to talk at church sometime. Also, depending on your age, you can also talk to your pastor about it. If you are in your 20+ then often times a pastor can invite you two to his house for dinner or to a gathering to see if you two click. Most are good at breaking the ice between two people who are adults and ready for a relationship that can enter towards marriage. Good luck.