Things Romantic Movies Get Wrong About Relationships

Page 2 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Sep 2017, 10:48 am

BirdInFlight wrote:
It's just that these women are all tucked away hidden in good marriages, being busy with their drama free lives!

I love when someone points out the source of statistic bias.
Yeah, people ready to make good relationships seldom linger long in the dating pole.
Unless they are not attractive in other aspects (old ladies, poor guys...)

But, honestly, I don't even know what "dating" looks like :lol: So I don't know the standard feeling about it.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 10:53 am

magz wrote:
BirdInFlight wrote:
It's just that these women are all tucked away hidden in good marriages, being busy with their drama free lives!

Yeah, people ready to make good relationships seldom linger long in the dating pole.

But, honestly, I don't even know what "dating" looks like :lol: So I don't know the standard feeling about it.

So among the "leftover" women that we have to date from there are the worst kinds?

Bad news for us.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 10:56 am

But honestly it's not always the case; the most stupid and the greediest and the most gold-digger women I'ver known are all married now.
Men can easily be fooled too and often have very low standards.

I see women with very low quality personality getting relationships or getting married all the time. And I know good women who will probably die single.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Sep 2017, 11:09 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
But honestly it's not always the case; the most stupid and the greediest and the most gold-digger women I'ver known are all married now.
Men can easily be fooled too and often have very low standards.

I see women with very low quality personality getting relationships or getting married all the time. And I know good women who will probably die single.

In my community, I found out that ugly but good natured people marry the earliest :)
I believe it's because once they find someone interested in them, they don't want to lose their chance.

BTW - if you know good women who would probably die single - why, in your opinion, is it like that? I'm just curious, for I live in rather limited little society with too high male-to-female ratio to see this.

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 12:16 pm

absolutely everything

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 5:00 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
I agree Catherine was no angel either.

To Closet Genious -- many women sadly do buy into this bad guy thing, yes, in the "movie"-like belief that they can change them or that love heals everything, and no, it doesn't.

But please know, there are plenty of women who do not have that unhealthy idea, and who do look for and marry the good guy who treats them well.

You or I tend not to even hear of them -- they don't show up in news articles about abuse, and they aren't in clubs and bars either.

But there are legions of them out there. It's just that they are already "gone" very quickly from the dating scene. The people remaining just give a false impression of the numbers of bad-guy seekers.

It's often also a function of getting older and having some bad experiences, that an older female has learned to lose their interest in men who treat them badly, and instead learn that they want a better person to have a relationship with.

Obviously this varies from individual to individual, and some people will never learn. But some people do find it comes with age that they have left behind destructive partners as their choice, and will no longer tolerate someone who tries sh***y treatment.

Trouble is, by the time someone learns that, they're too old to find anyone, lol.

Yes that's what I tell women here who are like not everyone woman is like that pleanty aren't. I know that but they all got into relationships at early age and stay in them their whole lives so they don't count. We male aspies are left with the other women to date and most if not all of them don't date for love but for money, status and attraction

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 5:04 pm

magz wrote:
BirdInFlight wrote:

A woman admitting poor men are undateable to women :o

Nice to see the reality and struggle talked about by women

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 1:51 am

Closet Genious wrote:
BirdInFlight wrote:
That is harsh and unjust actually. Being YOUNG is all about making mistakes and having to learn things.

You will be discarding and disqualifying almost everyone in your life if your criteria is that you only want to know people who have never made mistakes, been unhealthy in what they have accepted, or chosen wrongly at times.

Because almost everyone on the planet does some of those things and then the greatest thing is when they do in fact start to learn better lessons from those experiences.

That goes for not just dating but everything in life. Being younger and doing stupid things then getting older and realizing those were stupid things is HUMAN and everyone does it.

Wow.

First a person gets criticized for making bad choices and not being wise from the get-go.

Then the person who IS wise enough to have actually LEARNED and grown and changed, is not good enough for you.

Sorry but I have NOTHING else to say to you.

It's an AMAZING thing for a person to GROW beyond former poor choices. That is an amazing person to know.

It's even more amazing to not make poor choices in the first place. There's a difference between making mistakes, and being completely thoughtless.

A woman who wasted her best years in terms of beauty and fertility on dating criminals and bikers, and then suddenly wants a good guy when she is old, is like a rich man who wasted all his money on hookers, but then suddenly wants a to settle down with a good girl once he is poor. I'm sorry to say, but it doesn't work like that, these people do not even deserve it in my opinion. The choices we make have consequences, if you want the best there are some sacrifices to be made.

Beta cuckold is the term.

Women sleeping around with bad boys in their 20s, then settling down with a pushover in his 30s who provides for her financially, is likely being cheated on and doesn't get to have half of the sexual acts with her that she had in the past.

Sadly these women still end up in relationships too due to beta men's potifully low standards.

Oh well. They can have her, I'll remain a free man.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 2:32 am

Outrider wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
BirdInFlight wrote:
That is harsh and unjust actually. Being YOUNG is all about making mistakes and having to learn things.

You will be discarding and disqualifying almost everyone in your life if your criteria is that you only want to know people who have never made mistakes, been unhealthy in what they have accepted, or chosen wrongly at times.

Because almost everyone on the planet does some of those things and then the greatest thing is when they do in fact start to learn better lessons from those experiences.

That goes for not just dating but everything in life. Being younger and doing stupid things then getting older and realizing those were stupid things is HUMAN and everyone does it.

Wow.

First a person gets criticized for making bad choices and not being wise from the get-go.

Then the person who IS wise enough to have actually LEARNED and grown and changed, is not good enough for you.

Sorry but I have NOTHING else to say to you.

It's an AMAZING thing for a person to GROW beyond former poor choices. That is an amazing person to know.

It's even more amazing to not make poor choices in the first place. There's a difference between making mistakes, and being completely thoughtless.

A woman who wasted her best years in terms of beauty and fertility on dating criminals and bikers, and then suddenly wants a good guy when she is old, is like a rich man who wasted all his money on hookers, but then suddenly wants a to settle down with a good girl once he is poor. I'm sorry to say, but it doesn't work like that, these people do not even deserve it in my opinion. The choices we make have consequences, if you want the best there are some sacrifices to be made.

Beta cuckold is the term.

Women sleeping around with bad boys in their 20s, then settling down with a pushover in his 30s who provides for her financially, is likely being cheated on and doesn't get to have half of the sexual acts with her that she had in the past.

Sadly these women still end up in relationships too due to beta men's potifully low standards.

Oh well. They can have her, I'll remain a free man.

True true. Guess I’ll never have to worry about that being I’ll never be a real man to be able to provide for a woman.

My grandma use to tell men womenndate bad boys when young then want good men when older. I always took that as an insult. So basically they have all their fun with bad boys then settle for s less attractive loser nerd when they want a man who’ll provide for them and the kids they had with the bad boys. Why would I want that, why is that seen as good for such men. Though I’ll never be that nerd who became well off later in life that such advice applies too.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 2:42 am

As the saying goes, alpha f***s, beta bucks. Thankfully more and more men are waking up to realize it's a raw deal.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Sep 2017, 3:20 am

sly279 wrote:
magz wrote:
BirdInFlight wrote:

I never understood hypocrisy or wishful thinking. The reality is, men go for looks, women go for social status.
Maybe it's a problem with American culture, that nerds' status is too low and gangstas' status is too high :(

I didn't exactly look at the actual finantial situation of the guys I considered, esp. that I left the dating pool at 19 and they were all dependent on their parents back then. But I admit, I was interested in their skills and traits that would provide steady employment without extravagant spending.

Well, my father once analysed several cases and concluded that women in my family tend to fall for hard-working guys. Definitely better than falling for gangstas ;)

But I don't know all the dating stuff, around me it works that way: you meet at work or hobby, get to know each other better, spend more time together, if it's good, then start a relationship... all without that dates that remind me of a mutual job interview.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 4:00 am

magz wrote:
sly279 wrote:
magz wrote:
BirdInFlight wrote:

I never understood hypocrisy or wishful thinking. The reality is, men go for looks, women go for social status.
Maybe it's a problem with American culture, that nerds' status is too low and gangstas' status is too high :(

I didn't exactly look at the actual finantial situation of the guys I considered, esp. that I left the dating pool at 19 and they were all dependent on their parents back then. But I admit, I was interested in their skills and traits that would provide steady employment without extravagant spending.

Well, my father once analysed several cases and concluded that women in my family tend to fall for hard-working guys. Definitely better than falling for gangstas ;)

But I don't know all the dating stuff, around me it works that way: you meet at work or hobby, get to know each other better, spend more time together, if it's good, then start a relationship... all without that dates that remind me of a mutual job interview.

Women don’t want to look superficial, most men don’t care if people know they choose women for looks then personality. Most Women want to look like angels and princess I guess.
It’s quite sad reality for aspie men like me.
I don’t have the skills or traits that will lead to steady well paid employment

Women will no doubt have to except polygamy in the future, but that won’t work fore everyone one, most well paid middle class men won’t be able to provide for 2-4 women. Thus they’ll have to compete for the very well paid men. Those men like to sleep around and keep their money to themselves (playboy millionaires) why would they settler down and provide for 3-6 women. Why would they want to settle down in the first place. Heck even middle class men are realizing they can get lots of sex with different women without settling down, which is happiness for them. More notches on their bed post. Women put up with it for the chance of keeping one of tsaid guys. Why would most guys want multiple wife’s? Sex sure, but that’s not all relationships are, imagine 5 angry wife’s mad at yiu. Imagine splitting your non work(wellmpaid work a lot) with 5 wives,how would they balance it, someone will feel left outa and be jealous. So i dont know guess lots of women will just be angrily single and rant on social media like so many do already. But it get worse, more and more women are going to college then men, and therefore getting higher paid jobs then men, more and more well paid male labor jobs are disappearing. So more women then men get paid more. Means less quality men for women to date. It’s already happening but it’ll get worse. There’s already not enough men for women, not cause there’s not enough actual men but just women won’t accept them and thus claim there’s not enough men. There’s more men then women on this planet. In my area there’s a lot more men then women. Women have created their own artificial dating shortage.

Odd most here say no one meets at work, yet most I’ve seen in my area met at work. People are pairing up at my work :,( guys with supposedly bright futures. We’ll see after they graduate and realize their degree is worthless.

Why don’t you date if I may ask?

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 4:20 am

Guys wasn't this supposed to be a topic about unrealistic things about relationships in movies!? Could we try to stay on subject? I mean I do find it interesting to read the replies here, but please let's try to stay on subject. Maybe someone could start a new topic about the things that this one has strayed to and you could continue it there?

And to the original subject: the main reason why the relationships in movies are unrealistic is because realistic ones would not sell so well? People don't want to see stories similiar to their own on screen but they want to see something different that will let them escape reality... actually, I think someone here said that already, but I think that makes sense, too.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 4:38 am

We ARE on topic.

According to romance movies, women don't care about a mans look, money or status.

A man only has to be himself, be confident and persistent/annoy her even after she says no until she says yes.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 4:43 am

sly279 wrote:
magz wrote:
sly279 wrote:
magz wrote:
BirdInFlight wrote:

Women don’t want to look superficial, most men don’t care if people know they choose women for looks then personality. Most Women want to look like angels and princess I guess.
It’s quite sad reality for aspie men like me.
I don’t have the skills or traits that will lead to steady well paid employment

Women will no doubt have to except polygamy in the future, but that won’t work fore everyone one, most well paid middle class men won’t be able to provide for 2-4 women. Thus they’ll have to compete for the very well paid men. Those men like to sleep around and keep their money to themselves (playboy millionaires) why would they settler down and provide for 3-6 women. Why would they want to settle down in the first place. Heck even middle class men are realizing they can get lots of sex with different women without settling down, which is happiness for them. More notches on their bed post. Women put up with it for the chance of keeping one of tsaid guys. Why would most guys want multiple wife’s? Sex sure, but that’s not all relationships are, imagine 5 angry wife’s mad at yiu. Imagine splitting your non work(wellmpaid work a lot) with 5 wives,how would they balance it, someone will feel left outa and be jealous. So i dont know guess lots of women will just be angrily single and rant on social media like so many do already. But it get worse, more and more women are going to college then men, and therefore getting higher paid jobs then men, more and more well paid male labor jobs are disappearing. So more women then men get paid more. Means less quality men for women to date. It’s already happening but it’ll get worse. There’s already not enough men for women, not cause there’s not enough actual men but just women won’t accept them and thus claim there’s not enough men. There’s more men then women on this planet. In my area there’s a lot more men then women. Women have created their own artificial dating shortage.

Odd most here say no one meets at work, yet most I’ve seen in my area met at work. People are pairing up at my work :,( guys with supposedly bright futures. We’ll see after they graduate and realize their degree is worthless.

Why don’t you date if I may ask?

Its simple really:

1. The average woman tends to be hypergamous and 'date up'. In the past this meant a housewife dating a full time working man who earns decent cash whether it be labor or a desk job.

2. The average woman today attends university and gets her own career. Unfortunately many women still want to date up and will not under any circumstances alter their standards.

3. Men are more likly to work labor or lower paying jobs, less likely to study at university and less men graduate with a degreeWomen.

4. Thanks to inflation, the value of the money is less than it used to be so the pay from labor jobs isn't enough any more. The evolution of technology is also making active jobs obsolete.

5. Most jobs now require at least a degree when in the past a high school diploma was good enough.

6. Men naturally more suited to active jobs must now spend thousands to study at university to a degree in a technology related job since that's where the money is.

7. There's a reason so many people struggle withTechnology, even us young people who grew up with it. Humans evolve slowly and the complex technology systems that have developed just in the last few decades alone is faster than what our brains can keep up with. It tries to adapt but so many people get headaches easily from tech.

Women's standards for dating are totally incompatible with modern society and that's part of the reason why the amount of single people in Australia, America, and parts of Europe are at all time highs. Divorce rates remain highAnd in many countries birth rates are at all time lows.

Look it up. There's a lot of studies showing there's more single people than ever.

Its not the only reason why but it is part of the reason. Other reasons are longer working hours than in the past, more socially disconnected societies due to people spending less time in the community and more time online, etc.

The world population is high so people don't need to have kids anymore but we are in one of the most disconnected and loveless times in history.

Depression rates have risen in the past few years because of the stresses of modern day life.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 4:49 am

Outrider wrote:
We ARE on topic.

Really? Doesn't seem like that to me... but well, I suppose it doesn't matter as long as the one who started the topic doesn't agree with me. Sorry about the interruption then.