What do people actually talk about on dating sites

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

NotaHero
Toucan
Toucan

30 Sep 2017, 6:30 am

So I'm back giving this dating malarkey another go. I've used some apps a couple of years ago and got a few dates, but this time I just can't seem to get any conversations started.

I've never been good at small talk or starting conversations in generally, but it seems when you go into dating people are very picky about what they want you to be talking to them about, but give no direction.

Anyone have any areas/topic /styles that work for them?

Sometime World
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Sep 2017, 6:38 am

NotaHero wrote:
So I'm back giving this dating malarkey another go. I've used some apps a couple of years ago and got a few dates, but this time I just can't seem to get any conversations started.

I've never been good at small talk or starting conversations in generally, but it seems when you go into dating people are very picky about what they want you to be talking to them about, but give no direction.

I find women liked to be asked questions about themselves. But as a man it's your looks that contribute to your dating success online and reply rate to messages sent out to wiminz. I have created fake profiles with amateur male model pics / selfies (like below) and even saying the wrong stuff your told not to say will have women come back for more.

I got 8 mobile phone numbers off females without even asking them for their mobiles using that guy above as my profile pic.

NotaHero
Toucan
Toucan

30 Sep 2017, 6:54 am

I understand that different people get different reactions and some people will get way more leeway than others, but that's not a problem for me as I wouldn't want to meet loads of people and will probably only really connect with a few.

It's more just trying to get to the right questions, that's where I am clueless. I get enough matches that they can't all be miss swipes, so it's just getting on the right topics that led to a date and I just keep saying the wrong things.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 7:01 pm

Sometime World wrote:
NotaHero wrote:

I find women liked to be asked questions about themselves. But as a man it's your looks that contribute to your dating success online and reply rate to messages sent out to wiminz. I have created fake profiles with amateur male model pics / selfies (like below) and even saying the wrong stuff your told not to say will have women come back for more.

I got 8 mobile phone numbers off females without even asking them for their mobiles using that guy above as my profile pic.

I don't see what good making fake profiles does...what happens if you want to meet one of the women you've contacted with the fake profile, I doubt it would go over well when you turn out not to be the person you made up for the fake profile.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 5:43 pm

My guess is talking about their interests or what they mentioned in their profile. Everything has to be about them.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."