Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 3:45 pm

im misogynistic towards every woman who does not possess such a talent :heart:

MushroomPrincess
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Oct 2017, 3:55 pm

hurtloam wrote:
No it's what happens when people are antagonists or irritated. Don't play the co tin card. It undermines your argument just as much as insults undermine theirs.

In what way am I being antagonistic?

Here's a friendly tip, don't tell someone she's "playing the victim card" when she's being insulted and abused. It comes off as gaslighting.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 4:08 pm

Misogyny is the hatred of women, while misandry is the hatred of men.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on October 1, 2017)

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 4:10 pm

well i only dislike those unattractive women who read all the comments of the guys on an emotional video like that one above, and then she starts complaining about men treating women as a piece of meat.

i bet she is only jealous because no one has ever complimented her ass. :lol:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 4:22 pm

MushroomPrincess wrote:
"Misogyny" is a social condition in which boys and men grow up learning that they are superior to girls and women, and deserve greater freedom and independence.

"Misandry" doesn't exist.

Do you need a hug?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 4:25 pm

MushroomPrincess wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
No it's what happens when people are antagonists or irritated. Don't play the co tin card. It undermines your argument just as much as insults undermine theirs.

Here's a friendly tip, don't tell someone she's "playing the victim card" when she's being insulted and abused. It comes off as gaslighting.

You're not being insulted because you're a woman. You're actually being treated as an equal. If a man made arguments as badly phrased and as filled with cliches as yours they would be called out too.

Not everything is because you're a woman.

Quote:
What next, are you going to accuse gay men and lesbians of being "heterophobic" if they're distrustful of straight people?

This for example is ott and doesn't really make any sense other than to show you are angry and dismissive of the other side.

Read chronos comments if you want an example of a woman who can form a reposte with sense and eloquence.

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 4:34 pm

awkward facepalm wrote:
the comments of the guys on an emotional video like that one above

i mean videos like this one:
Quote:

the more emotional it gets, the more shy i become

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 4:38 pm

MushroomPrincess wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

"Gaslighting" doesn't exist.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 4:45 pm

Well now that Aaendi and Boo have attacked women and MushroomPrincess has attacked men, I think this thread should be locked.

MushroomPrincess
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Oct 2017, 4:54 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MushroomPrincess wrote:
"Misogyny" is a social condition in which boys and men grow up learning that they are superior to girls and women, and deserve greater freedom and independence.

Do you need a hug?

Do you? You complain about the fictitious spook of "misandry" more than any other WP user I can think of.

Chronos wrote:
Well now that Aaendi and Boo have attacked women and MushroomPrincess has attacked men, I think this thread should be locked.

I've attacked no one.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 6:55 pm

MushroomPrincess wrote:

SURELY, you're JOKING!!

I was just sayin' on another thread how sick-and-tired I am of women putting men, down----to the point that it has now become abusive, and oppressive. If you can't see that, right here on this site, if nowhere else, then there's nothin' anyone can do, to help ya!!

MushroomPrincess wrote:
The difference is that young boys are taught misogynist values from a young age. What you call "misandry" in women is usually behavior and values they've picked up from experience. To claim that there's this widespread societal problem of "misandry" is just silly.

WRONG----there IS "widespread societal problem of misandry"----and, it's NOT silly to think there IS. What's silly, is not being able to SEE it, cuz it doesn't fit your agenda.

Also, WRONG, in thinking that women aren't taught misandrist values, from a young age----cuz, IMO, most females born in, say, the 90s, were taught that men are stupid, and that she should put them, in their place (most of that, IMO, was started [or, at least, perpetuated] by the "Roseanne" show, with her telling her husband, to "Shut up", and "Don't be stupid", and stuff like that----I would never, in a million years, say things like that, to a male partner; and, you can best-bet that if a MAN said things like that to a WOMAN, that he might even as much as lose his job).

MushroomPrincess wrote:
What next, are you going to accuse gay men and lesbians of being "heterophobic" if they're distrustful of straight people?

Does not equate----if, for no other reason, but because you're trying to equate a FEAR, to a HATRED; and, if you don't know the difference, well.....

Bottom Line: You've been told, by several people all OVER this site, that you're wrong, on all KINDS of issues----and, I'm quite sure you probably think it's everybody ELSE, that's wrong; but, here's the thing.....

My mother always told me: "A thousand frenchmen can't be wrong"----meaning, if you're thinking everybody else is wrong / at-fault (and YOU'RE NOT wrong / at-fault), then it's time to look in the mirror; and, I'm thinking you'd be AMAZED at how much you would NOT get "attacked" (in YOUR mind you get attacked - cuz, you have NOT been, IMO; IMO, you only get, what you dish-out), if you began to do that (look in the mirror).

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 7:00 pm

TheAP wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
misogynist:
1- A man who hates women as much as women hate each another.

"Woman: This new gal employee shows off her cleavage all the time, she must be a b***h.
Man: Yeah, I hate those women who wear like her for attention.
Woman: You're a misogynist, you hate all women!!"

I think most women who would get mad at such comments from a man would disapprove of such comments coming from a woman as well.

No, I don't agree----cuz, there's that ol' thing about "*I* can talk about US, but YOU can't!!" (meaning, a woman can, pretty much, say whatever she wants to, about another woman, but a MAN better not EVEN TRY - at least, in THIS country).

MushroomPrincess
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Oct 2017, 8:34 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
You've been told, by several people all OVER this site, that you're wrong, on all KINDS of issues

That's nice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

I don't care if a dozen men disagree with me. I don't care if a thousand men disagree with me. Misandry has never and will never be a thing. Keep it up though, your liberal use of bold typeface and rage-caps is really endearing.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 8:42 pm

MushroomPrincess wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
You've been told, by several people all OVER this site, that you're wrong, on all KINDS of issues

That's nice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

I don't care if a dozen men disagree with me. I don't care if a thousand men disagree with me. Misandry has never and will never be a thing. Keep it up though, your liberal use of bold typeface and rage-caps is really endearing.

"Men" don't exist.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 9:47 pm

MushroomPrincess wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MushroomPrincess wrote:

Do you need a hug?

Do you? You complain about the fictitious spook of "misandry" more than any other WP user I can think of.

Chronos wrote:

I've attacked no one.

You may not have realized it as it was not a direct attack, but when you state that "misandry" doesn't exist, you are invalidating the experiences of the men who have experienced it.

Perhaps some academic has decided to redefine misandry much in the way that they have the word "racism", but language is democratic in reality and the actual intention of these deviations from historic and colloquial definitions only serve to weaponize the words by excluding the desired parties from using them to express their experiences, and that is a hostile action against these parties, thus, an attack, and only serves to spread resentment and hostilities and deepen chasms between males and females, when society should strive for the opposite.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 10:47 pm

Claiming sexism doesn't exist for an entire gender is possibly the most sexist thing I've ever read in my life.