Elderly women and ballroom dancing

Page 2 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 11:25 am

Not only grandchildren but great grandchildren. Did they ever threaten younger guys away?

There are classes but I can't join them due to my finances and they are generally advanced level. I went in on the casual nights (7:00-9:00) since they teach the basics and are cheap but after seeing only elderly people in them, I've given up on even those.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 1:05 pm

Eldery people find all young people handsome.

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Oct 2017, 3:57 pm

Marknis wrote:
Not only grandchildren but great grandchildren. Did they ever threaten younger guys away?

There are classes but I can't join them due to my finances and they are generally advanced level. I went in on the casual nights (7:00-9:00) since they teach the basics and are cheap but after seeing only elderly people in them, I've given up on even those.

Not that I know of. I did once have a much older guy ask if I had a boyfriend, then try and take me out on a date when I said I didn't. It was creepy because the guy knew me from back when I was 16. I was like, "NOPE!".

Have you asked more those same people who recommended ballroom where it'd be good to meet other people (preferably your age)?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 4:22 pm

While old men sometimes seriously hit on younger women, old women tend to feel that they can flirt safely, ie knowing there is no way a young man will take it as anything other than a compliment. They know you aren't interested in them. Young men don't ever date women over 55 or so. There isn't a woman alive who doesn't know that.

Sorry things haven't turned out for you. Keep doing things you enjoy, stay open to friendly conversation with all sorts of people, and let things happen as they will. I know it is frustrating, but that is how people end up married.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 4:56 pm

I have found that older women flirt "better" than younger women. There's a nice, enticing, almost mysterious quality about their flirtations.

Younger women tend to dislike the more subtle types of flirting, and to want to be more direct with men when they like them--without, usually, explictly saying that they like them.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 5:32 pm

Marknis wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I can't deter you from feeling how you're feeling......but, many times, one attains more success in one's 30s. I've seen a few "successes" right here.

But what did they do to become successful?

Most wentnto college and then worked their way into good jobs and status that women like. Think nerd who now makes 200,000+ a year getting the high school cheerleader after her jock bf didn’t go anywhere stories. I’ve been told that a lot by people who fail to take into account I won’t have a good job and status.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 5:33 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I can't deter you from feeling how you're feeling......but, many times, one attains more success in one's 30s. I've seen a few "successes" right here.

That’s only true for s minority of men.
Certain not for men like me where nothing changes from when they 20 to when their 30. I’m not going turn 30 in February and magical my life gets better and women swarm over me to date. Fairytales aren’t real

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 8:38 pm

sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Certain not for men like me where nothing changes from when they 20 to when their 30. I’m not going turn 30 in February and magical my life gets better and women swarm over me to date. Fairytales aren’t real

Sly, I think you have to remember that there are plenty of women who will never have a career or success and are too quirky for most men, as well. For every "you" in the male world, there is some form of parallel in the female world. That means somewhere there is someone who would be thrilled if you paid attention to them. The problem is how the heck you find that person when surrounded by so many you don't feel you have a chance with. Someday you may find her, or maybe you won't, but fretting over it and being down on yourself isn't going to change that. You have to live for yourself, build the best life you can and then enjoy the positive sides to it. That is when many of us finally found our person. When we stopped worrying about it and got happy.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 10:07 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Sly, I think you have to remember that there are plenty of women who will never have a career or success and are too quirky for most men, as well. For every "you" in the male world, there is some form of parallel in the female world. That means somewhere there is someone who would be thrilled if you paid attention to them. The problem is how the heck you find that person when surrounded by so many you don't feel you have a chance with. Someday you may find her, or maybe you won't, but fretting over it and being down on yourself isn't going to change that. You have to live for yourself, build the best life you can and then enjoy the positive sides to it. That is when many of us finally found our person. When we stopped worrying about it and got happy.

True but since women date up and men date down those women find guys who are higher in status then me. There’s no women much lower in status then me. Even unemployed women prefer to date men who make more then me.

This is the best life I can do but it’s lonely and thus sad. Ignoring it’s sad won’t make it better I can’t create and live in a imiaginary world where I’m happy alone forever. I’ve been alone for 17 years now. It’s horrible. Most people have had 4-10 relationships by 30 others have had any more they spent their life feeling loved and cared for ive spent mine alone being told I’m unlovable and having no one to share my life with

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 1:15 am

sly279 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

True but since women date up and men date down those women find guys who are higher in status then me. There’s no women much lower in status then me. Even unemployed women prefer to date men who make more then me.

This is the best life I can do but it’s lonely and thus sad. Ignoring it’s sad won’t make it better I can’t create and live in a imiaginary world where I’m happy alone forever. I’ve been alone for 17 years now. It’s horrible. Most people have had 4-10 relationships by 30 others have had any more they spent their life feeling loved and cared for ive spent mine alone being told I’m unlovable and having no one to share my life with

The law averages isn't going to allow all women to "date up."

If I knew you in real life I might be able to offer more practical advice; it usually isn't that hard to spot where a guy is getting it "wrong." And, seriously, some of the weirdest guys I've known eventually got married. No one is unlovable.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 1:56 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
sly279 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

The law averages isn't going to allow all women to "date up."

If I knew you in real life I might be able to offer more practical advice; it usually isn't that hard to spot where a guy is getting it "wrong." And, seriously, some of the weirdest guys I've known eventually got married. No one is unlovable.

I just fear that either I will have to wait until I am in my 50's to have a relationship or that by the time I am ready, my life will almost be over. My 20's are almost gone and if my 30's go the same way, I will lose my mind.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 9:32 am

I'm in my 50's....my late 50's, in fact.

My life ain't over----trust me!

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 4:00 pm

Marknis wrote:
I just fear that either I will have to wait until I am in my 50's to have a relationship or that by the time I am ready, my life will almost be over. My 20's are almost gone and if my 30's go the same way, I will lose my mind.

My thirties were my favorite decade. True, I got married and had a child in my thirties, but I was also enjoying the years BEFORE I met my husband, when I finally felt secure in who I was and was enjoying my life solo. I was still young enough to do things but finally wise enough to choose well.

And this is from a woman who turned 30 right after an article came out saying that a 30 year old single woman had a better chance of being struck by lightening than ever getting married. Maybe it was the article or maybe it was just that I was sick of feeling lonely, but I changed my thinking and my approach and was much better off for it.

Try to learn to enjoy the life you have. I know I sound like a broken record, but when you do, you become infinitely more attractive as a potential partner.

I truly regret all the time I wasted in my twenties fretting about relationships and finding the right one. As long as you live open to the possibilities, it just happens when it happens. I know you hate hearing that; I used to, as well. But the wasted energy and time is definitely a regret. There was never anything that could be gained by it. But my evening art classes and weekends and other groups I got involved in ... these were wonderful.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 4:40 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm in my 50's....my late 50's, in fact.

My life ain't over----trust me!

You had bunch of relationships in your 20-30s and sex too so not comparable to someone in their 30-40 who’s never had relationship, sex or even a 2nd date

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 4:46 pm

Elderly women could possibly have eligible granddaughters/great granddaughters, daughters/nieces/carers/etc. that they could make you acquainted with.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 4:54 pm

Marknis wrote:
xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
Has it gotten to the point where it gets creepy?

It has. When they laugh like wheezing hillbillies and put their hands on me, it makes me feel sick. Their skin feels gross and their bones feel like they will pop through their flesh at any moment.

If the ladies at that place make you feel uncomfortable, don't go back.

The fact is that ballroom dancing attracted elderly people. If you want to dance with young women, you can do it the easy way or the hard way.

The Easy Way
Go clubbing. You can meet scantily clad young women like in the picture below. Everytime I go into the city on a Friday or Saturday I see them but I don't go clubbing with them because I'm a wuss :lol:

The Hard Way
Become a ballet dancer. You'll be with extremely fit young women who look perfect and move with elegance and grace. There aren't very many male ballet dancers so they'll be fighting to be your dance partner.