Male disposability in life & dating

Page 22 of 25 [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 11:41 am

Closet Genious wrote:
But with great power comes great responsibility.

What responsibility in this context?

If you are getting too much demand from the opposite sex you can't simply please everyone, even if you are polygamous or serial monogamous; unless you go on a rampage slut-mode.

And then you die from some STD.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 11:44 am

hurtloam wrote:
Clakker wrote:
Dear Universe,

After reading through the entire thread, which covered the men's rights movement, feminism, unemployed men, supermarket woman, fast food woman, obese woman, picky women, gold diggers, skinny women, plus size woman, various definitions of what constitutes a real man, an average man, or desirable man, John Mayer, the dating game in general, one unsuspecting older obese woman, the obligatory pedo discussion and subsequent consensus that all men are sick, and, of course, so so much more...I still want a girlfriend.

I don't want a boyfriend anymore. Thank you wrong planet. You've dispelled that desire and I can get in with my life now. :p

Oh how embarrassing. :(

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 2:24 pm

SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Funny you should mention the intelligent man. Women appear to be very drawn to intelligent over average. Case in point, I know a very aspie person who is very different, looking and the way he acts. He is also extremely intelligent and has no problems on dating sites. People love an intelligent, interesting conversation. As someone who has guinea pigged men and women on dating sites for years, intelligence and decent conversational skills are lacking in the messages 98% of men send.

The two aspie men I enjoy talking to on a regular basis are both extremely intelligent. One is an intellectual genius, the other, a master of perception and awareness. Both wonderful in their own way. I’m quite picky though, I get bored of average intelligence very easily. I can’t converse with low at all really.

I'll bite. Because I hear other girls say this often then when I ask for context it usually means game.

But sure are you talking about conversations like politics? Or are you saying you want a guy to keep a conversation exciting and fresh and not be boring and mundane like, "seen any good movies lately?"

If someone messages me about what movies I’ve seen I’d probably ignore them. I tend to favour deeper conversations about life, human behaviour and scientific things.

Politics isn’t a bad topic. I can imagine people would reply to that.

Hale_bopp, in real life, out there, the real humans start conversations with strangers with something "mundane" like.... "Hello, I am X" or if a familiar acquaintance with something like "How was you weekend?"

Expecting stranger guys to send you a scientific or philosophical essay as a first message just to satisfy your ego and and increase your likehood to reply is frankly narcissitic and creepy.

Also imagine in real life someone you don't even know their name telling you:
"Hey Hale_Bopp, did you know they found a major security bug in WPA2 wifi protocol?"

Creepy...

Honestly some of you women who have been using internet dating for long have lost some of your sense of humanity and became a walking list of crazy expectations. Return to earth.

I don’t mind making small talk to real life people, that’s fine. Online people you know nothing about really until you have a proper conversation that dverts from “Hi how are u” or “ have you seen x movie” I don’t expect an essay, I prefer a couple of lines that don’t completely bore the s**t out of me.

Due to the volume of people who contact you online, it’s not worth replying to anyone unless they really interest you with their conversation. Otherwise you would be there all day.

I haven’t had any problems. It’s narrowed down guys from 1000 to a good 10 who I’ve really enjoyed talking to. It’s not crazy if it works.

Also, don’t patronise me about not knowing how life works. I am online 5% if the time and interacting with real people 95% of the time. I’m aware that offline you approach things differently.

So basically you are spoiled. You want conversation to be exciting, but what you don't realize is that's not how life works. You live in the age of having what you want when you want it. So you have an unrealistic standard that makes it so that the only men you end up talking to online are ones who are skilled at this and treat it as a game. I bet they treat you as a game also and know how to press buttons to get your attention lol.

"I want a conversation that doesn't bore me" lol how about you try starting a non mundane one then instead of waiting on someone else to do it for you

Potentially, fortunately for me I had freedom of choice on dating sites. It doesn’t mean that I haven’t been hurt badly. I don’t have the social capacity to make small talk online with a lot of people, so I quit dating sites. I prefer message boards and Facebook as there is always interesting conversation. If you notice, women reply to most of the guys here. It’s quite different. I’m more than happy to start an interesting conversation. Just not with hundreds of males. For the record, guys are very good at ignoring women as well, heaps of normal guys have ignored me, and it’s fine. They don’t owe me a reply.

Also they don’t treat me as a game. I’ve learned how to deal with manipulative men.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 2:28 pm

rdos wrote:
SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
So basically you are spoiled. You want conversation to be exciting, but what you don't realize is that's not how life works. You live in the age of having what you want when you want it. So you have an unrealistic standard that makes it so that the only men you end up talking to online are ones who are skilled at this and treat it as a game. I bet they treat you as a game also and know how to press buttons to get your attention lol.

But that is the way online dating works, or any dating with a too large number of potential partners. That's basically why online dating is totally worthless unless you like games and seek a lot of attention or validation. People without those preferences probably get fed up with this pretty fast. When these same people validate people offline, they have completely different (and much lower) requirements, because if they hadn't, nobody offline would match their preferences. It's all about creating a manageable dating pool.

In fact, online dating is not much different from the meat market and one-night-stands. It's only the medium that is different.

Bingo.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 3:29 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Clakker wrote:
Dear Universe,

After reading through the entire thread, which covered the men's rights movement, feminism, unemployed men, supermarket woman, fast food woman, obese woman, picky women, gold diggers, skinny women, plus size woman, various definitions of what constitutes a real man, an average man, or desirable man, John Mayer, the dating game in general, one unsuspecting older obese woman, the obligatory pedo discussion and subsequent consensus that all men are sick, and, of course, so so much more...I still want a girlfriend.

I don't want a boyfriend anymore. Thank you wrong planet. You've dispelled that desire and I can get in with my life now. :p

Oh how embarrassing. :(

Not you.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 5:19 pm

Quote:
But that is the way online dating works, or any dating with a too large number of potential partners.

That's only true for one gender - the other gender has very very few potentinal partners on it.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 5:20 pm

and it doesn't work like meat market, it works like job market - 100%.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 6:30 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Tinder is very much a meat market. Most people just use it to see who finds them attractive and who doesn’t.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 11:43 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Tinder is very much a meat market. Most people just use it to see who finds them attractive and who doesn’t.

Not exactly, go read men vs women articles on tinder: most men swipe right on everyone, they don't even wait for the photo to load - and that makes sense because most men get so few matches - and then they hope to get a date with one of the few matches.
So tinder is a meat market where women are buyers and men are the meat items.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Oct 2017, 12:31 am

Okay, now I see the source of misunderstanding between me and SilverBoltsisWmax:
They was talking about dating sites, I was talking about real life.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2017, 2:47 am

magz wrote:
Okay, now I see the source of misunderstanding between me and SilverBoltsisWmax:

To the crocodiles!

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Oct 2017, 3:04 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
magz wrote:

To the crocodiles!

Dating site, social media or real life crocodiles?

Sometime World
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Oct 2017, 6:49 am

It's completely insane that in modern society, male unattractiveness (which includes plain looks) is not a concern for inequality and oppression, but all those other things are like feminism, blacks, mexicans, muslims, LGTB, etc.

As far as I am concerned it invalidates all the liberal movements since they refuse to even accept this is an issue at all, much less advocate on it's behalf.

It is completely absurd.

At this point is has been proven beyond a doubt, looks are of incredible importance for males to be able to have relations with women in the modern age.

Due to female liberation & feminism and its knock-on effect; the de-valuation of men, male value is now solely within the realms of things like being really good looking or having raw sexual prowess like height, athleticism and muscles. Males are no longer necessary in any other way other than reproduction and romantic companionship, due to female independence, although this independence is a scam since it's still supported by men, but functionally speaking it doesn't matter.

Essentially males have shifted from being a provider based value to nothing other than pleasure based value.

It is a free sexual market now, dictated by female instead of male standards and it's the law of the jungle. May the best man win.

What is insulting to me though is that liberals hate law of the jungle for everyone else, but when it comes to men that aren't born hot, they fully and completely support it. What a bunch of little as*holes they are.

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

26 Oct 2017, 7:03 am

Sometime World wrote:
Males are no longer necessary in any other way other than reproduction and romantic companionship

In what way have females ever been necessary beyond reproduction and sex?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Oct 2017, 7:09 am

OutsideView wrote:
Sometime World wrote:
Males are no longer necessary in any other way other than reproduction and romantic companionship

In what way have females ever been necessary beyond reproduction and sex?

Cooking and cleaning the house.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 7:40 am

You must be kidding, right. There have been many "useful" women throughout history. And in my life, too.

Females are people, just like males are people.

People weren't put on the earth to cater to one particular person's every whim.

People talk all kinds of crap here. People have to get out in the world more.