New young female co-worker joined today.

Page 9 of 11 [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 5:04 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Aaron Rhodes wrote:
To the OP, you were turned down for an obvious reason. You have to keep in mind that being in a relationship means sharing a part of your life with another human being. If you are only working part time trying to support yourself, imagine how difficult it will be trying to support for someone else as well, or even providing for a family eventually. The dating agency is looking for people with financial stability, which shows that they are capable of providing for both themselves and their potential partner.

Thought women wanted equality thought women were independent? So why do they need a man to provide for them?

They don't need a man to provide for them, they just need a man who doesn't need someone to provide for him.

Disagree or they’d be fine with a guy who makes little but covers his expenses and not a guy who can afford tons of trips to Europe and a big house. Why do these women need two houses, two cars etc?

I don’t need or will except help from women. I pay my bills I’m self efficient. So clearly the fact they consider me a loser and want a middle class well off guy has nothing to do with him not mooching off then or him being self efficient.

What if she wants to buy a house with her partner? 50% each? He wouldn't be her provider but he'd need to be as middle class as she is.

Why’s she need a house? So she can feel self important and better then others? Most people don’t won houses. And when the next bubble pops I won’t lose my home and all my money like all those sucker middle class people did. There’s millions of houses sitting empty now in the USA. Bank foreclosured on them kicked the middle class suckers out, don’t want to take a loss selling them so they sit empty.

Houses in the USA is another “I’m better then you” status symbol for slot of people.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 5:17 am

ManaLDN wrote:
sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Aaron Rhodes wrote:
To the OP, you were turned down for an obvious reason. You have to keep in mind that being in a relationship means sharing a part of your life with another human being. If you are only working part time trying to support yourself, imagine how difficult it will be trying to support for someone else as well, or even providing for a family eventually. The dating agency is looking for people with financial stability, which shows that they are capable of providing for both themselves and their potential partner.

Thought women wanted equality thought women were independent? So why do they need a man to provide for them?

They don't need a man to provide for them, they just need a man who doesn't need someone to provide for him.

Disagree or they’d be fine with a guy who makes little but covers his expenses and not a guy who can afford tons of trips to Europe and a big house. Why do these women need two houses, two cars etc?

I don’t need or will except help from women. I pay my bills I’m self efficient. So clearly the fact they consider me a loser and want a middle class well off guy has nothing to do with him not mooching off then or him being self efficient.

Not sure who's better to quote here, as RetroGamer87 had a valid point - the earnings gap. I won't be asking for personal info such as earnings or dating experience, but it sounds like you look for the wrong type of women and form a bad opinion on the entire population. Maybe you need to change your target group.

I never heard from any woman (not just my age group) that she would want more than one house and one car. And I myself, despite young age, have arguments against looking for a high earning gap, as I see it as a matter of dependency.
Edit: I see there were posts by women with similar attitudes. You may not trust a stranger with unknown relationship status, but have you asked about the attitude towards feminism and traditional roles? If not that, there should be some pattern clarifying the choices...

tl;dr Please, don't generalize about all of us wanting luxury on the man's expense.

I meant this example
Woman owns house, owns car, demands guy owns hour owns car. So when they get married do they keep both houses? Do they sell one, if so who’s? Do they share the remaining house 50/50 or do they sell both and get a mutual house? Why demand guy have a house if you have a house 0.o seems it’ll fret more drama, fights and issues to me. I’d imagine both would want to keep their houses. Do they then live separate? If so why can’t she be with a poor guy who rents with roommates if they don’t plan to live together ever?
I won’t ever live with a gf. So why’s my living situation or income matter?

I don’t generalize, I say a lot or most. Meaning not all. So not generalization,
Most women in my area and probably the northwest only date a guy with a good job, car, and own place. Is what it is. How do I find loser women who don’t care about guys status. They don’t seem to exist or they’re in relationships already(probably this since they don’t care ther s literally thousands of guys for them to pick increasing their odds of finding and staying in a relationship) or they just don’t go on dates. I dont know. But I can’t find hardly any, and the few women in worse situations then me rejected me cause they want a guy to rescue them from their situation.

See there’s the problem, your from Poland, so Eastern Europe which I’m told women in Eastern Europe are less superficial then Western European women, who are less superficial then American women. So no I wouldn’t expect you’ve seen it. Nor will you understand what life is like in superficial American society. Lot of Europeans don’t even own a car. Gas is so expensive there.

I, confused are you saying you agree with avoiding income gap, ie women not dating guys who make les and only dating guys who make the same or more? Or disagree with that?

It’s the or more that bothers me. So hypocritical. They shouldn’t date guys who make more then them if they won’t date guys who make less then them. By their logic they are ok mooching off guys but pissed of according to them guys who make less would mooch off them.

NorthWind
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 5:38 am

sly279 wrote:
Why’s she need a house? So she can feel self important and better then others? Most people don’t won houses. And when the next bubble pops I won’t lose my home and all my money like all those sucker middle class people did. There’s millions of houses sitting empty now in the USA. Bank foreclosured on them kicked the middle class suckers out, don’t want to take a loss selling them so they sit empty.

Houses in the USA is another “I’m better then you” status symbol for slot of people.

Sly, seriously if you despise middle class people so much, why would you want to date them? You're not what they want. They're not what you want. Women you dislike are not interested in you. It's mutual.

sly279 wrote:
How do I find loser women who don’t care about guys status.

Yes, that's what you need to find. Strangers won't change for you, just because you think they're living a wrong, immoral way. If you think badly of them that probably means they're people you're not compatible with. You need to find those you are compatible with - someone you don't despise.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 6:07 am

sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Aaron Rhodes wrote:

What if she wants to buy a house with her partner? 50% each? He wouldn't be her provider but he'd need to be as middle class as she is.

Some people want to own a house so they won't have to pay rent for their whole life.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 7:33 am

sly279 wrote:
Why’s she need a house?

Why would she have to need a house? Can't she just want it? I mean, most of the things that exist aren't necessary for anyone's survival, people just get these things because they want to, just like you bought a new tv to get that game console to work (I don't remeber which topic you mentioned it in.) Why would you do that? You didn't really need the new tv since you didn't really need the game console to survive. If it's alright for you to get things that you want that aren't really necessary for your survival then why shouldn't women be allowed to aim for the same thing?

And of course, like RetroGamer said, buying a house is an investment. When you live in a rented place you just give money to the owner and if you're there, say, ten years and then have to leave for one reason or other, all that money will be gone and you have nothing left of it. If you own the place then you can sell it if you want to leave, not to mention no one can kick you out. Sure, the value might drop a lot or you might be unable to pay the loan, but risks like that are usually an unavoidable part of making investments.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 7:55 am

Fireblossom wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Why’s she need a house?

Why would she have to need a house? Can't she just want it? I mean, most of the things that exist aren't necessary for anyone's survival, people just get these things because they want to

Excellent point. It's ok for people to want things they don't need. It's no different than how Sly wants a girlfriend even though he doesn't need one.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 7:59 am

sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Aaron Rhodes wrote:

It’s not that at all. It’s a lot of money to spend to feel better than someone. Be sensible. People buy houses as assets, so they can pay their own mortgage, not someone elses. It’s a wise financial decision. You don’t throw that sort of money around lightly.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 8:52 am

I bought a house and paid off the mortgage, so I just have to pay taxes on it, which is just a small fraction of what people pay on rent or a mortgage. Now I can use that money buy other things. Or, if I got laid off, with so few expenses, I could just retire early. Of course, the big remaining expense in the USA is healthcare.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 8:55 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Aaron Rhodes wrote:
Someone should start a new thread on the current subject being discussed as the original purpose of this thread has already expired.

OP hasn’t bothered to update anyone so it’s gone on a tangent.

There's unfortunately been nothing to update about. But that's generally how my life goes. Someone else is writing my story for me and it's not a good one.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 9:21 am

You have to write your own story, my friend. Nobody else can advocate for you as well as you could advocate for yourself.

I don't usually believe in "Eastern" thought--but I feel, perhaps, a Buddhist mode of thought might be useful.

Aaron Rhodes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Nov 2017, 11:12 am

The op needs to understand that in his situation, trying to achieve his goal is the wrong way to go about it. That isn't to say that he has to give up on his dream, but rather that he must go about it a different way. Both love and a relationship are something that can't be forced to happen. Both will likely never happen if you start an interaction with someone for solely that purpose in mind. Give it time for interactions to happen naturally, speak to them in the same manner that you would speak to a family member or friend, and just try to be yourself. When you start to feel more of a connection with them, then you can start thinking about a relationship. If nothing changes at all, then you will at least gain a new friend.

If you have a lot of fear, shyness, and anxiety, then the best thing you can do at this point is try to improve yourself a bit. I struggle with extreme anxiety in difficult situations, and it can be paralyzing at times. I've found that anxiety doesn't go away no matter how much I adapt to certain situations. The only way to get past it is to just carry through with what you plan to do. What it gets down to is whether you are willing to take risks or not. You will only ensure your failure if you give in to your fears, and the only way to succeed is to risk failing at your goal.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 6:21 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You have to write your own story, my friend. Nobody else can advocate for you as well as you could advocate for yourself.

I don't usually believe in "Eastern" thought--but I feel, perhaps, a Buddhist mode of thought might be useful.

What do Eastern thinkers think anyway?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 6:31 pm

There is the tendency, from many "Eastern" thinkers, to move away from materialism and the material world, into a more abstract (and, perhaps, vague) notion of the world. They believe petty human differences should be dispensed with, and that we are above those differences. We can be calm, and in harmony with the world on our own. We can relate to people on this level (without appearing, in any way, superior to them).

My trouble is: I believe in the Mundane, as well as the Aethereal. I'm a very "Western" thinker. I am an empiricist, primarily.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 6:42 pm

NorthWind wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Sly, seriously if you despise middle class people so much, why would you want to date them? You're not what they want. They're not what you want. Women you dislike are not interested in you. It's mutual.

sly279 wrote:
How do I find loser women who don’t care about guys status.

Yes, that's what you need to find. Strangers won't change for you, just because you think they're living a wrong, immoral way. If you think badly of them that probably means they're people you're not compatible with. You need to find those you are compatible with - someone you don't despise.

Because it’s them or no one.
I’m not gay so I can’t date men.
Most women are middle class or want to be middle class. That and we have common interests and stuff to talk about and I find them pretty and like their personality.
I don’t despise them but I won’t stop complaining and pointing out that they’re superficial. I refuse to just shut up and roll over for society .

Like I said how do you fine such women! I don’t think any single ones exist it’s juat a bunch of single superficial middle class wann bes. :cry:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 6:51 pm

Fireblossom wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Why’s she need a house?

Why would she have to need a house? Can't she just want it? I mean, most of the things that exist aren't necessary for anyone's survival, people just get these things because they want to, just like you bought a new tv to get that game console to work (I don't remeber which topic you mentioned it in.) Why would you do that? You didn't really need the new tv since you didn't really need the game console to survive. If it's alright for you to get things that you want that aren't really necessary for your survival then why shouldn't women be allowed to aim for the same thing?

And of course, like RetroGamer said, buying a house is an investment. When you live in a rented place you just give money to the owner and if you're there, say, ten years and then have to leave for one reason or other, all that money will be gone and you have nothing left of it. If you own the place then you can sell it if you want to leave, not to mention no one can kick you out. Sure, the value might drop a lot or you might be unable to pay the loan, but risks like that are usually an unavoidable part of making investments.

Because she says she wants a guy that can provide for himself. Providing is about needs not wants. So a guy doesn’t need a house so if he’s renting then he’s providing for himself

I don’t say if you want to date me you have to be able to afford a PS4 and new tv.
Also my old tv was 25 years old and I wouldn’t be able to play any new games on the PS3 when new gen comes games only come out for it. House =\=PS4 a beret comparison would be her shoes or makeup or clothes.

People need to do as they say. So just come out and say I’m superficial and a guy needs to be able to afford to buy me a house so o can feel important. Don’t say he needs to just be able to pay for himself when you really mean he needs to make enough to live upper middle class lifestyle.

It’s also a huge expense just like cars
5,000 for roof fixes, 20,000 or more if the structure needs repaired, 3,000-4,000 for plumbing issues, etc etc etc. I as a renter don’t have to pay for any of that. Wp when a treee falls on our house in Winter storm the owner pays 10,000 to fix it not me. When the old plumbing goes bad they pay to fix it not me. Houses like cars are a sink hole for money and the market could drop out at any time leaving you spending more then the house is worth and your still paying mortgage payments with interest.
My uncle has spent so much on his two houses.

No thanks. I’d only buy a house if I won the lottery. I’d buy a brand newly built house just for me that I’d inppect during building and then insure it up the crap load. Something most middle class can’t do. They buy 50-80 old houses that they hope won’t have any issues.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 6:55 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Fireblossom wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Why’s she need a house?

Why would she have to need a house? Can't she just want it? I mean, most of the things that exist aren't necessary for anyone's survival, people just get these things because they want to

Excellent point. It's ok for people to want things they don't need. It's no different than how Sly wants a girlfriend even though he doesn't need one.

Oh I know
I’m sub human servant I should just shut up server the rich and middle class until I die all alone and sad. That’s my fault not purpose and use in this life. I wasn’t born to be happy or have what 90% of the rest of the world has. Just a throwaway being.