How do i know if a girl likes me?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2017, 1:02 am

I changed schools recently, and right now there is a girl i have a massive crush on. She speeks with me occasionly and she Has a good personality. How do I know if she likes me or if she is just being nice?

15 year old autist guy asking.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 1:08 am

her friends might tell you, if she has been talking to them about you.

that's how i found out my gf was interested in me.

does she come up to talk to you? does this feel different than any other interactions you've had before with girls?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2017, 1:17 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
her friends might tell you, if she has been talking to them about you.

that's how i found out my gf was interested in me.

does she come up to talk to you? does this feel different than any other interactions you've had before with girls?

Yes she does. She comes up and talks to me occasionly. But she is the sort of person who is friends with about everyone. Total experience talking to girls (not including relatives) probably only comes up to a few hours total over my whole life.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 1:28 am

You always have to know for yourself.

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2017, 1:31 am

ZachGoodwin wrote:
You always have to know for yourself.

Yes bit there has to be some sort of sign right?

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 1:36 am

Be very patient and listen well. You will get the signs by doing those two things, and we're not mind readers.

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2017, 1:39 am

What about things like body language and speech patterns? Surely they can provide insight.
It took me a week to learn binary code for hells sake, i have to be capable of learning basic social signs

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 1:45 am

You seem to be worried too much about sarcasm, slang, passive-listening, and passive-aggressiveness. I'm worried about that too, but if you are nervous your body language will reflect that. The way you can fix that is accept that you will be nervous, you may embarrass yourself, she may reject you, and that because she rejected you, you will be able to focus more on your studies. You get a high school degree compared to only having "relationship problems".

Last edited by ZachGoodwin on 01 Dec 2017, 1:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2017, 1:48 am

ZachGoodwin wrote:
You seem to be worried too much as sarcasm, slang, passive-listening, and passive-aggressiveness. I'm worried about that too, but if you are nervous your body language will reflect that. The way you can fix that is accept that you will be nervous, you may embarrass yourself, she may reject you, and that because she rejected you you will be able to focus more on your studies. You get a high school degree compared to some people who only had "relationship problems".

I don't understand what you mean by the first sentence,

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2017, 1:54 am

ZachGoodwin wrote:
You seem to be worried too much about sarcasm, slang, passive-listening, and passive-aggressiveness. I'm worried about that too, but if you are nervous your body language will reflect that. The way you can fix that is accept that you will be nervous, you may embarrass yourself, she may reject you, and that because she rejected you, you will be able to focus more on your studies. You get a high school degree compared to only having "relationship problems".

Ok i understand now you have edited

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 1:56 am

Your in high school. Some people don't even have their first girlfriend until they are in their 40's.

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2017, 1:58 am

ZachGoodwin wrote:
Your in high school. Some people don't even have their first girlfriend until they are in their 40's.

Which i hope to avoid happening to me

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 2:03 am

That's all peer pressure from a crowd. Once you look past all of that peer pressure your life will get easier.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 2:13 am

You can also try getting into sports and some extra curricular activities to help yourself talk to girls.

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2017, 2:21 am

This whole thread has sorta been derailed.
I just want to know what i should look for, like body language and stuff, to see if a girl is hinting that she likes me.

NorthWind
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 10:21 am

The Musings Of The Lost wrote:
This whole thread has sorta been derailed.
I just want to know what i should look for, like body language and stuff, to see if a girl is hinting that she likes me.

The question is very general. Maybe someone could tell you if they see any signs that the girl you were talking about likes you that way if you provided more information about how she acts towards you and if there are any differences to how she interacts with other boys.

Otherwise, how a teenage girl would show you she's interested can vary a lot. Some can be extremely obvious about it, like initiating a lot of physical contact and flirting, but I'm guessing she's not that type of girl.
If a girl is shy, being particularly nervous around you, frequently looking at you but looking away when your eyes meet may be signs that she's interested. She might also seem embarrassed a lot. From what little you described about this girl, she's also not that kind of girl.

That she initiates conversations can indicate some interest, but it's also possible that she just likes you as a friend or (if she's a kind person and you have no/hardly any friends) she may just be trying to help you socialize.