How to react when a girl looks at you?

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

honeymiel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jan 2018, 10:09 pm

Smile. If she's looking simply out of curiosity, it's polite and warm.

If she's checking you out, it'll make her day :wink:

Hopelessly3
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jan 2018, 10:17 pm

i smile if i catch someone looking :lol:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 12:37 am

auralucario7
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Jan 2018, 3:21 pm

For me it depends on the situation. If the girl looks at me first, I'll usually smile and wave hello. If I'm looking at her and she looks back at me, I'll immediately look away.

melanie25
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jan 2018, 3:49 am

I was looking at one guy a few days ago because I liked him very much, and he was looking at me too, and I was really waiting for him to come to me and say something. That's what I wanted him to do when I was looking at him.

pineapplehead
Raven
Raven

05 Jan 2018, 6:21 pm

I look away. I don't know why she's looking at me, and I don't care to find out.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2018, 8:20 am

pineapplehead wrote:
I look away. I don't know why she's looking at me, and I don't care to find out.

You have the best name on this forum.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2018, 8:42 am

melanie25 wrote:
I was looking at one guy a few days ago because I liked him very much, and he was looking at me too, and I was really waiting for him to come to me and say something. That's what I wanted him to do when I was looking at him.

You should have said something; men are afraid to be accused of harassment while you don’t have this risk on you.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 2:29 am

I tend to look the other way as I automatically think jeez I must look more freaky than normal today, then again I also had the same thought process when I was actually looked at in love and had to be informed repeatedly that I wasn't being stared at out of concern lol. I don't really trust anyone who stares at me.

Loner269
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 May 2018, 7:01 am

Well, I have to say this is getting to a point I'm not sure what to do... Just today I had two girls staring intensely me in my eyes while on a tram and I was the first one to look away both time, I just find it very hard to react to this kind of situations in any other way... I really need to master this looking-game to be able to get somewhere with these opportunities. I have to wonder is it common for other people to have girls do such looking?

And in case you're wondering how I look to get such attention, here:

https://gyazo.com/f0b4e7631048ea4364a1e1122ece141f

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2018, 7:33 am

Loner269 wrote:
Well, I have to say this is getting to a point I'm not sure what to do... Just today I had two girls staring intensely me in my eyes while on a tram and I was the first one to look away both time, I just find it very hard to react to this kind of situations in any other way... I really need to master this looking-game to be able to get somewhere with these opportunities. I have to wonder is it common for other people to have girls do such looking?

And in case you're wondering how I look to get such attention, here:

https://gyazo.com/f0b4e7631048ea4364a1e1122ece141f

You don't look all that different from me and I found someone so attracted to me she married me!

The best way to handle being looked at is to look back, give a friendly nod and say something like "how are you doing?" and then slowly turn back to whatever you are doing. If they do it again another day, make a little bit more small talk and naturally build from there. My sister-in-law met her husband in a very similar way on a bus.

Being bullied my whole life, it took me a long time to understand that women stare at me not because I am repulsive but because they find me attractive, especially when I am in a suit or other formal attire: a tall, fit man in a suit is almost irresistible to women but I digress. I didn't clue in until several married coworkers saw me in a suit and flat out told me how attractive I was. I find that now I am married and wear a ring women are also a little more open about their opinions knowing there is no risk of rejection. If only I knew back then what I know now.

Loner269
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 May 2018, 7:45 am

Not really interested in marriage myself, and those girls were few meters away and I was sitting so going to talk isn't really an option in such situation. I guess the best that can be done about such situations is to take them as practice for maintaining eye-contact, as a man I shouldn't really be the first one to look away.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 May 2018, 8:06 am

The thing I would worry about when making eye contact back is that I'd be seen as creepy for staring back at them too long

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2018, 1:47 pm

The first thing I'd do is check out my shirt and my pants in case I have an egg stain somewhere.

The last thing I'd dream of doing is smiling. It'd make me look even more like a pervert just waiting for a chance to sneakily get a much-needed touch of delightful female skin for the first time in months. And the only reason I say months, rather than years is that my hands sometimes do accidentally touch a female cashier's, and I do have female family members I see once in a while. Well, I also get introduced to female so-called-but-not-really co-workers from time to time and kiss their cheeks, but the whole atmosphere feels so fake I might as well be fondling a snake.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Loner269
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 May 2018, 1:21 am

It's surprisingly hard to maintain eye contact longer than the other person...

Zanzabara
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 May 2018, 2:09 am

Rejoice, and if the girl that you like smiled at you, then go to her and invite him somewhere