Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 1:26 am

It looks like it has been nearly 2 years since I was last here...but I had to check I wasn't caught in some sort of time paradox because I see a lot of the same people posting a lot of the same stuff as before. Same questions, same answers. I can only assume this has been going on this whole time.

So my question is: Anyone tried anything crazy in their dating life lately, just for the heck of it? Any fun stories to share about that time you challenged your philosophies and core beliefs, and shook your love life up a bit? Maybe you can inspire others to get a little audacious and see where it takes them ;)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 3:03 am

We all bought you were banned.

I attempted to date women I didn’t find attractive it they said I was ugly or not good enough for them due to lack of car and good job. So no success story.
OkCupid doesn’t let you message people who you didn’t like and they like you back. And they make you use your name, so OkCupid tried something new that shook its philosophy :p

I’ve just keep trump what little I can if anything I’ve tried less now then in the past, years of rejection have made me anxious to even message women who swipe right on me.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 3:30 am

Me, banned? But I'm lovely! :D

I just got tired of all the negativity.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 3:31 am

Oh...you're still alive? Good...good.

Quote:
Anyone tried anything crazy in their dating life lately, just for the heck of it?

I replaced my dating profile's with a photo of me and my gf, which she liked the act, and the photo is a bit of intimate nature- however that made females to message me even more, or more accurately they replied to first messages they ignored ages ago. There's a straight woman who ignored my message long time ago and suddenly messaged me when she saw the new pic, calling me a playboy and accusing me of changing gfs every week (??) - and yet offered me her facebook too. :| Another one also 'replied' (to a first message she ignored ages ago) and she told she doesn't like how my gf looks and also offered me her FB. :? And there is a stream of bisexual women who suddenly got interested in me.

So yeah, I am still the same: and I still think women are....well.... generally crazy. :mrgreen:

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 29 Jan 2018, 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 3:32 am

sly279 wrote:
OkCupid doesn’t let you message people who you didn’t like and they like you back. And they make you use your name, so OkCupid tried something new that shook its philosophy :p

Yeah I like some of the recent OkC changes. Seeing people's names is nice (though of course you don't have to use your real name). It feels more friendly.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 3:35 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
So yeah, I am still the same: and I still think women are....well.... generally crazy. :mrgreen:

It's generally pretty true. Ahh crap, are we agreeing already? Something has changed.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 4:11 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

It's generally pretty true. Ahh crap, are we agreeing already? Something has changed.

Bisexual women seem to always agree with me on this point btw.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 4:35 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Yeah I like some of the recent OkC changes. Seeing people's names is nice (though of course you don't have to use your real name). It feels more friendly.

I dont. Means I can’t message women anymore, some like me but they don’t come up in my que, and the double take doesn’t seem to work. So I can’t message anyone, not thst they wanted me to before I guess. But given I’m ugly women don’t swipe right in me so now there’s no way to have my personality show through and win them over as people say lol.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 4:37 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Oh...you're still alive? Good...good.

Quote:
Anyone tried anything crazy in their dating life lately, just for the heck of it?

I replaced my dating profile's with a photo of me and my gf, which she liked the act, and the photo is a bit of intimate nature- however that made females to message me even more, or more accurately they replied to first messages they ignored ages ago. There's a straight woman who ignored my message long time ago and suddenly messaged me when she saw the new pic, calling me a playboy and accusing me of changing gfs every week (??) - and yet offered me her facebook too. :| Another one also 'replied' (to a first message she ignored ages ago) and she told she doesn't like how my gf looks and also offered me her FB. :? And there is a stream of bisexual women who suddenly got interested in me.

So you’re saying I need to get a attractive woman to pose in a picture in an intimate way? But then your nit ugly s that’d effect it for me.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 4:38 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
Me, banned? But I'm lovely! :D

I just got tired of all the negativity.

That’s all wronplant is really. People putting others down. There’s some good apples though.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 4:53 am

sly279 wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:
sly279 wrote:

I dont. Means I can’t message women anymore, some like me but they don’t come up in my que, and the double take doesn’t seem to work. So I can’t message anyone, not thst they wanted me to before I guess. But given I’m ugly women don’t swipe right in me so now there’s no way to have my personality show through and win them over as people say lol.

I thought that you could still message people, it's just that the message won't go into their inbox if they haven't liked or messaged you yet. So instead your message will appear as a "They messaged you!" notification in the photos section of your profile when they see it in the swipey section (whatever that is called now). And presumably you'll get pushed to the front end of their queue if you have sent them a message, so they have a chance to see that you have.

That was my experience anyway. I only got messages in my inbox from people I had liked or messaged, but I could see who else had sent messages as I flicked through the profiles. I could even see what the message said if I opened their profile.

Long story short, is your OkC broken?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 5:10 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
sly279 wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:
sly279 wrote:

I thought that you could still message people, it's just that the message won't go into their inbox if they haven't liked or messaged you yet. So instead your message will appear as a "They messaged you!" notification in the photos section of your profile when they see it in the swipey section (whatever that is called now). And presumably you'll get pushed to the front end of their queue if you have sent them a message, so they have a chance to see that you have.

That was my experience anyway. I only got messages in my inbox from people I had liked or messaged, but I could see who else had sent messages as I flicked through the profiles. I could even see what the message said if I opened their profile.

Long story short, is your OkC broken?

No you’d have to be looking at their profile to see if they messaged you if you haven’t both liked each other.

So as most people just use the swipe match now they never know if I messaged them unless they swipe right right on me.

Nope. I got a notification that some one messaged me I swiped through all the wire and no message lady.

I use he phone app do you?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 1:23 pm

The face of boo has a good idea of how to work the majority of women. They aren’t that complicated.

Theamazinggeek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jan 2018, 1:31 pm

Been there tried it at mny stages. Prior to dating during dating. It adds confusion, Some entertainment. Got to put reason behind it to shake it up.

"Im search of answers, new marvels, and new questions to ask."

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 9:52 pm

Theamazinggeek wrote:
Been there tried it at mny stages. Prior to dating during dating. It adds confusion, Some entertainment. Got to put reason behind it to shake it up.

Sometimes the reason could be "the status quo isn't working" or "cos why not?" or for some entertainment, as you say. If it makes people happier to keep doing what they are doing, great (that's generally true for me, actually, but I don't have many difficulties in the L&D department), but I think some people might find a shake up useful. It's just an idea anyway ;)

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 9:55 pm

sly279 wrote:
No you’d have to be looking at their profile to see if they messaged you if you haven’t both liked each other.

So as most people just use the swipe match now they never know if I messaged them unless they swipe right right on me.

Nope. I got a notification that some one messaged me I swiped through all the wire and no message lady.

I use he phone app do you?

In the app, I could see that someone had messaged me as I flicked through profiles. Instead of just pictures, one of the picture spaces would be a blue box that said something like "They messaged you!" then I could open their profile to read the message. It just wouldn't transfer into my inbox until I liked them or replied.