Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

N8solano
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2018, 3:07 am

About two years ago I was told about the mass shooter (Elliot Rodger) and The umpquoa community college shooting (Chris Harper-Mercer) and it was something evil, but also sad as they were said to have aspergers. Apparantly their motivation was rejection from women??? I was 24 and never had a gf (even though I tried a few times with girls I did like) so I felt like this could be a common thing for autistics. I decided that despite my social anxiety I would approach random women to prove there is potential for an autistic if they actually put themselves out there (I might even write a book about my findings). I've been told I'm pretty descent looking, and yet this pickup stuff is HARD! Not easy at all, and really feels like no one wants to give you a chance (I eventually did get a gf though). I will publish my findings here:

If you pay attention to a waitress, or a cashier, or someone shopping, or just someone going for a walk the odds of her being single (obviusly if she doesn't have a wedding ring) are 30-33% (about 3 out of 9 or 10). If you meet someone at a store and she is by herself with no wedding ring the odds are about 66% of her being single (about 2/3) which are significanty better. So maybe try to stay away from someone working as they obviously can't bring their bf to work, but if she goes to a store alone she is more likely to be single as she could have brought her partner with her, but didn't.

Everyone's approach is different, but I was able to get phone numbers most of the time (the odds were about 3 out of 4, or 70% success rate). Most of the girls I approached had bfs so it was strange how some still gave me their number.

Unfortunately I would get phone numbers and would be too nervous to actually text most of them. So I have no idea how many of my pickups would have turned into actual dates. I eventually did get a girlfriend at age 24, and I got my first kiss with her. She wasn't a random person though, as she was a friend of a friend. Regardless I did have to approach her the same way I approached others to get to know her. She was very jealous so I could not do these kind of things anymore. However, our relationship ended and I think I will continue this project to see how many numbers translate into dates.

I hope this information helps anyone interested in this area. If you have any questions about this project or want more detail feel free to reply or send a message.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 3:16 am

I personally am upset at the amount of people in this world giving innocent autistics like us a bad reputation. I'm just here to remind you N8solano, you aren't alone.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 5:47 am

She was very jealous so you couldn’t do it anymore? I would be too if my boyfriend went around asking random girls for their number. That’s not normal. Just saying.

Hope this information helps someone though. You don’t know unless you give it a go.

N8solano
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2018, 8:03 pm

It is not technically 'normal' as most people don't do it, but I personally don't find anything wrong with this approach if you are not in an environment where you can meet girls your age.

Online dating seems (some say IS) very shallow and your true self doesn't come out until you meet in person anyways.

It wasn't just asking for numbers, it was making small talk and if I thought the talk went well I would ask for her phone number.

Honestly, I just don't want autistics to feel like they are #foreveralone as I felt that way too for a long while.