Anyone ever heard of Virtual Dating Assistants?

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 4:13 pm

This seems like an intriguing option to many who seem to fail the online dating game or simply cannot stand the hours to months it takes to message the many people who never reply. For people with Aspergers, could this be an option?

This service allows you to hire someone to run your online dating profiles for you and be able to do the messaging and date set ups. You suck at thinking of what the hell to say? No problem. Pay a pro to do it. Let them spend several hours a week doing the search with results you could never get. Let them go through all the BS of small talk and all that other crap people expect with online dating.

Of course people may think this is dishonest but at the end of the day, everyone needs a last resort somewhere. Plus it could be seen as another way of getting you matches in the future. At the beginning, people probably thought paying a dating site to help you find dates was weird. Now it's normal. Furthermore, there needs to be a way to balance out the playing field of women having unlimited choices while men seem to get the scraps. Plus you get to give the approval on who you want messaged and to meet with. You'd be able to read all the messages that were exchanged by your ghost writer so you would know all about the person before meeting them.

The downside I see is how you'd act once meeting them in person but maybe a really skilled writer can make your Aspergers known to your date before hand if you want. The other downside I see with this is it's very expensive, like 500 a month but I think it's on the deal that dates are guaranteed.

What do you guys think of a service like this?

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 4:37 pm

What happens when the person finds out it wasn't really you they were talking to online?

Also I would imagine your typical fairly popular neurotypical male isn't going to struggle as much to find a relationship as a male with aspergers who struggles socially. Sort of like how women with aspergers likely struggle more to find relationships than fairly popular and typical neurotypical women. Most women with aspergers do not have 'unlimited options'.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 5:19 am

[quote="Sweetleaf"]What happens when the person finds out it wasn't really you they were talking to online?

I'd imagine they would take it to their grave and the person wouldn't find out unless they told them.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Feb 2018, 5:41 am

If I could of afforded to pay $500 for months of doing this I would of just went the mail-order bride(or international dating if your prefer that term) route instead.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

SteveSnow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Feb 2018, 9:11 am

It does sound like a nice idea but the price is definitely far too high for the type of service you'd be receiving. If I'm paying a large sum of money I'd expect to be a part of the conversation and have the dating coach help put it in a better format when the message goes out, I don't want them to have the conversation for me. Or at least they could give ideas of how to respond and we could personalize it.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 9:16 am

I'd rather use my money as toilet paper.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 10:48 am

Nothing helps you if you still look the same and earn the same.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 10:51 am

If you're going to do this, you might as well blow up a girlfriend doll, and hug her up.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 12:03 pm

Is this seriously the point we're reaching in the dating world? Christ almighty...

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 3:13 pm

Sounds like a ridiculous sham to me. Somebody's laughing all the way to the bank.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 3:27 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
What happens when the person finds out it wasn't really you they were talking to online?

Also I would imagine your typical fairly popular neurotypical male isn't going to struggle as much to find a relationship as a male with aspergers who struggles socially. Sort of like how women with aspergers likely struggle more to find relationships than fairly popular and typical neurotypical women. Most women with aspergers do not have 'unlimited options'.

They might suspect when they finally meet the person IRL, and realize they are a lot different than they were 'online' that there is some dishonesty going on.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 3:49 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

They might suspect when they finally meet the person IRL, and realize they are a lot different than they were 'online' that there is some dishonesty going on.

Honestly, all people are very different IRL vs online.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 3:58 pm

Surprised about the backlash but to each of their own. An example I can think of is how staffing agencies have skyrocketed because a lot of people have trouble finding jobs and were frustrated with sending their resume to hundreds of employers and get no results. Sound familiar? The staffing agency fixes a persons resume, submits their resume to different jobs, and sets up the interview for them. If people who struggle with finding jobs can find outside help, I don't see how it would be taboo with dating. You are giving your virtual assistant all authentic information about you. It's not like you're using fake pictures or lie about your occupation etc. They just present the information you give about yourself better. Just like staffing agencies do with struggling job seekers. Getting a job and finding dates are very similar endeavors. A lot of competition and the ones who don't stand out are left behind in the pack.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 4:06 pm

While they're at it, get them to check your WP posts too. That way you might avoid referring to all the women on dating sites as 'the scraps'.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 4:09 pm

Homer_Bob wrote:
Surprised about the backlash but to each of their own. An example I can think of is how staffing agencies have skyrocketed because a lot of people have trouble finding jobs and were frustrated with sending their resume to hundreds of employers and get no results. Sound familiar? The staffing agency fixes a persons resume, submits their resume to different jobs, and sets up the interview for them. If people who struggle with finding jobs can find outside help, I don't see how it would be taboo with dating. You are giving your virtual assistant all authentic information about you. It's not like you're using fake pictures or lie about your occupation etc. They just present the information you give about yourself better. Just like staffing agencies do with struggling job seekers. Getting a job and finding dates are very similar endeavors. A lot of competition and the ones who don't stand out are left behind in the pack.

Because a man being desperate to find a job is socially acceptable, while being desperate to find a girlfriend is not.

Hence why the latter is blacklashed while the other isn't.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 4:13 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
While they're at it, get them to check your WP posts too. That way you might avoid referring to all the women on dating sites as 'the scraps'.

That's not what I meant at all. I simply meant numbers wise as scraps, not the people. If one person gets 60 messages and another person gets 3, that's scraps in comparison. That's all.