Will I ever find a boyfriend?

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 12:53 pm

Mirthful though it may be, it's still a fact that neurodivergent people frequently find love---many times when they "least expect it."

andyfzr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Mar 2018, 12:58 pm

I can't believe you would say such a thing as being aspie doesn't, stop you getting a boy friend. Everyone's different and yes its easier for girls as the guys usually do the chasing but being aspie or ASD can make all the things normal people take in their stride really hard for most of us. Play nice people, this girls obviously very vulnerable and is seeking good advice.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 1:09 pm

I never said it wouldn't be difficult.

All I said is that it doesn't stop you completely.

You guys seem to be misinterpreting what I said.

It can be DIFFICULT for a neurodivergent person to find love. But it is not IMPOSSIBLE.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 1:11 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Mirthful though it may be, it's still a fact that neurodivergent people frequently find love---many times when they "least expect it."

I can't have sex. I am unlikely to find a partner.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 1:14 pm

You would be surprised how many relationships don't have sex as a prominent feature.

How come you can't have sex? Is it something to do with sensory issues?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 1:16 pm

By the way.....there are quite a few married people on this Site who are Aspie, autistic, etc.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 1:19 pm

This girl is seeking good advice. I am seeking to give it.

it's BAD advice (and not true advice) to tell someone they will NEVER find love (if they want to find love).

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 1:20 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You would be surprised how many relationships don't have sex as a prominent feature.

How come you can't have sex? Is it something to do with sensory issues?

I think an operation was done on me in my late teens (without consent). I would love to have sex, there's plenty of interested people (who openly flirt)... but I am consistently turned down.

I am currently in a psych ward.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 1:36 pm

Obviously, I don't know you. I have seen you on this Site rather frequently, though.

But: have you considered the possibility that your "inability" to have sex might not have a physical origin? Obviously, I could be wrong in my speculations. For this is all it is: "speculation."

I hope they are not treating you badly in the psych ward.

When I was a kid, I used to think that I had brain surgery to "cure my retardation."

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 1:39 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Obviously, I don't know you. I have seen you on this Site rather frequently, though.

But: have you considered the possibility that your "inability" to have sex might not have a physical origin?

I hope they are not treating you badly in the psych ward.

When I was a kid, I used to think that I had brain surgery to "cure my retardation."

I am very overweight, but I should be quite slim. I do not eat or drink anywhere near enough to justify the huge belly.

Let's just say... it's iffy.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 1:44 pm

I've had sex with some pretty hefty women in my time.....like over 300 lbs. It can be done. It's just more difficult, that's all.

I'm thinking you might have some glandular condition or something.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 1:47 pm

The doctors refuse to discuss rectifying my sexual situation. They will not grant the personal freedoms I have asked for. They looked horrified when I said I want sexual freedom. My thoughts are monitored, we have been surveilled and harassed for years. I was psychologically tortured and had seizures in 2014 at the same facillity. I have been ferried around the North of England.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 1:52 pm

I'm sorry they're putting you through this.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 1:54 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm sorry they're putting you through this.

Life would be fine if I weren't molested. I'm bright and have decent social skills.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 2:05 pm

I can tell you’re bright.

Andrewdarr
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Mar 2018, 2:52 pm

There are no guarantees in life, but sure, I think you will find a decent boyfriend. You're so young - you have all the time you need. I actually met my only long-term boyfriend (so far) on Wrong Planet, so you're in the right place. We broke up recently but we were together for almost 10 years. Something you need to know: you'll get your heart broken one day, maybe many times, but it's still worth it. Having had a relationship and being in love is a great memory to treasure, even when it is over. It hurts for a while but it's still an amazing experience. Good luck! :D :heart: