Page 1 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

CannibalCorpse
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jun 2018, 12:46 am

Women quickly learn that straight rejection doesn't work and it's better to come up with an excuse like I'm busy.
Men, at least NT men think that if a woman says no, she means maybe, also they think if a woman replies at all that means a maybe.
Also even I got a lot of abuse when I was being honest and I said I didn't want to carry on emailing.
The best was "who do you think you are, you should be happy I messaged you at all"
Or when a guy comes to chat in real life when I am tired, I just had an 8 hours bus ride and the only thing I want is to sleep, he comes and he doesn't understand when I say I'm sorry but I'm too tired to chat and he just carries on.
Countless times I had experienced this.
It is easier just to ignore them or to have some excuses ready.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 2:16 am

If all men in the world agree to stop asking out women and making the first move then things would change to our favor.

My only successful flings/relationships were with those who chased me.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 3:33 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
If all men in the world agree to stop asking out women and making the first move then things would change to our favor.

:lol: Right, and all the top earning salesmen are going to sit at home and wait for their phones to ring so that those not able to pay their rent can have a bigger marketshare.

Never gonna happen.

Either accept that you'll only get the girls that chase you, or change your approach to chasing women until you work out a successful formula.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 3:55 am

goldfish21 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

:lol: Right, and all the top earning salesmen are going to sit at home and wait for their phones to ring so that those not able to pay their rent can have a bigger marketshare.

Or you make your product so appealing and hardly available, so people would come to you begging you for one. Or you change the targets to a market that finds it much more appealing.

My successful formula is what I mentioned above.

Guess what my gf told me after few dates?

She literally said: “Now I know how much is hard for guys to chase the girl they like who’s playing hard to get”.

She said that to me out of blue without me brining up any such topic. But I realized that I really gave her a hard time at first, it was something she never experienced before, all her exes chased her.

And I admit, it feels soooooooo much better to be the chasee than to be the chaser - I find a pleasure in it - once you have a taste of the former you can never go back to the chaser thing again.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 4:24 am

Interesting. I've been both. I find it best when it's somewhere more in the middle.. a bit more balanced, mutual pursuit combined with mutual playing it cool & of course, mutual attraction. And then sometimes it works out better being one or the other, totally depending on the situation at hand and other person involved. But in general it's never good to be the chaser to anything remotely close to desperation levels.. that just doesn't end well for anyone.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 9:13 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Or you make your product so appealing and hardly available, so people would come to you begging you for one. Or you change the targets to a market that finds it much more appealing.

She literally said: “Now I know how much is hard for guys to chase the girl they like who’s playing hard to get”.

She said that to me out of blue without me brining up any such topic. But I realized that I really gave her a hard time at first, it was something she never experienced before, all her exes chased her.

And I admit, it feels soooooooo much better to be the chasee than to be the chaser - I find a pleasure in it - once you have a taste of the former you can never go back to the chaser thing again.

It would also be great if some men would stop thinking that women hitting on them were "sluts throwing themselves at any man."

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2018, 5:28 am

CannibalCorpse wrote:
Women quickly learn that straight rejection doesn't work and it's better to come up with an excuse like I'm busy.
Men, at least NT men think that if a woman says no, she means maybe, also they think if a woman replies at all that means a maybe.
Also even I got a lot of abuse when I was being honest and I said I didn't want to carry on emailing.
The best was "who do you think you are, you should be happy I messaged you at all"
Or when a guy comes to chat in real life when I am tired, I just had an 8 hours bus ride and the only thing I want is to sleep, he comes and he doesn't understand when I say I'm sorry but I'm too tired to chat and he just carries on.
Countless times I had experienced this.
It is easier just to ignore them or to have some excuses ready.

I am fortunate, I don’t get guys hitting on me. For the most part, they completely leave me alone. I’m not the sort of person who would politely listen to them any more. I’d tell them to clear off. Maybe they can sense it? Who knows.

Something about me means I don’t get approached. Not any more. Whenever I did when I was younger, they reminded me of annoying flies buzzing around.

Pick up artistry and dating in general I don’t have a lot of time for. I prefer relationships to develop naturally with people you meet generally living your life.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2018, 8:30 am

Fnord wrote:
Are you all just ranting to rant, or are you all interested in how to improve your chances?
It looks like you all are just ranting to rant.

Carry on, and let me know if you change your minds.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2018, 11:40 am

I'm glad I'm single.

I'd be always dizzy if I had two heads.....

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2018, 10:18 pm

I thought you were married

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 5:35 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Damn, I could only dream of being a chasee. Never met a woman who found me interesting enough to bother though.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 5:58 am

Sabreclaw wrote:

Damn, I could only dream of being a chasee. Never met a woman who found me interesting enough to bother though.

in the age-range of 118 chasing sounds very optimistic :jester:

:mrgreen:
but the positive side of living single: nobody asks silly things while i'm taking a shower or brushing my teeth

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 6:49 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
It would also be great if some men would stop thinking that women hitting on them were "sluts throwing themselves at any man."

Men thinking that must have some serious self-esteem issues. "She's interested in me? Wow, she must have no standards at all!"

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 6:57 am

Fnord wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Are you all just ranting to rant, or are you all interested in how to improve your chances?

Is the thread title "Rant About Being Single" or "Help Me I Need A Life Coach"?

Tanker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jun 2018, 9:10 am

Peacesells wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Fnord wrote:

HA! :mrgreen:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 9:13 am

Peacesells wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Fnord wrote:
It looks like you all are just ranting to rant. Carry on, and let me know if you change your minds.
The former, of course ... which does not necessarily exclude the latter.

Rant on!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.