Page 4 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 5:23 am

Tanker wrote:
i've tried numerous times to lose some weight. I usually end up breaking something in my body or i get depressed again....
other than that, i honestly dont know how to make myself more attractive to women. if you have any other points to improve upon, feel free to share the wisdom :P

Well I don't know your looks, but I guess if you have tried numerous times to lose weight you probably aren't very thin. Too bad there is no magical way, you just have to do it, it's not rocket science it's just a stupid diet so keep following it.
Also if you keep hurting yourself because you have no idea how to do exercise properly you could go to a gym or something, where they can help you.

Tanker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Aug 2018, 5:58 am

i am fat, so... :P not horribly obese, but i could stand to loose about another 10 kg. already lots about 15, over the last year.

as for exercise, the main problem i have in that regard, is s**t knees. always had s**t knees. so i cant run, jump, do squats, walk up stairs or even bike, sometimes. well, i can. but i run the risk of easily overloading my knees and not being able to do anything for days or weeks. so, that doesnt help xD

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 6:09 am

Tanker wrote:
i am fat, so... :P not horribly obese, but i could stand to loose about another 10 kg. already lots about 15, over the last year.

as for exercise, the main problem i have in that regard, is s**t knees. always had s**t knees. so i cant run, jump, do squats, walk up stairs or even bike, sometimes. well, i can. but i run the risk of easily overloading my knees and not being able to do anything for days or weeks. so, that doesnt help xD

You lost 15 kgs? I think it's pretty good, so you see, you don't suck at diets.
You should go to a gym perhaps and let them know your problems and ask if they have some way to make you exercise without putting stress on your weak spots.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 6:21 am

Peacesells wrote:
Tanker wrote:

You lost 15 kgs? I think it's pretty good, so you see, you don't suck at diets.
You should go to a gym perhaps and let them know your problems and ask if they have some way to make you exercise without putting stress on your weak spots.

Bench presses, seated overhead presses, bicep curls, skullcrushers, pushups, side-raises, the possibilities are endless. No knees required. There'll be machines at the gym for upper-body exercises too. You can burn off the fat without touching your knees.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 8:06 am

I wish I was single again.....

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 3:23 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Tanker wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
Tanker wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Tanker wrote:
Whenever I see a couple walking by or sitting, being cute, I cant help but get a mix of feelings.
1: "aw, cute. i want that" (jealousy)
2:"f**k them and their happiness"(anger)
3: "goddamnit, i'll never have that"(sadness)

anybody else have that or am i just a special kind of crazy? xD

I used to do that more when I was depressed. More recently, though, I’m mostly happy for their happiness & only somewhat envious.

What sure doesnt help is that i am depressed(shocker..) and that i've never had a relationship, so i have no idea what im supposed to be doing, when...

You can try to become physically more appealing, if you are not very much. That might help.

i've tried numerous times to lose some weight. I usually end up breaking something in my body or i get depressed again....
other than that, i honestly dont know how to make myself more attractive to women. if you have any other points to improve upon, feel free to share the wisdom :P

If you have trouble losing weight you should get some Phentermine.

8O

Or not because amphetamines are f*****g terrible for your health. Good old fashioned diet, exercise, patience, and persistence is the way to go.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 10:15 pm

Tanker wrote:

Try wrapping your knees before exercising. You can get pull on knee supports. Or try some less weight bearing exercises such as swimming or Aquafitness. I do nordic walking too and the poles take the weight off your joints and you get a very good cardiovascular workout.

Tanker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Aug 2018, 2:26 pm

the knees brace/support isnt a bad idea. as for swimming, i'm horribly allergic to chlorine xD otherwise i would love to swim more.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 8:44 pm

That’s too bad about the chlorine allergy. I find more public pools are using salt water but I was told that there still is some chlorine in it.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 10:12 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wish I was single again.....

The grass is always greener..

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 1:04 am

Tanker wrote:
the knees brace/support isnt a bad idea. as for swimming, i'm horribly allergic to chlorine xD otherwise i would love to swim more.

Try swimming at the beach. No chlorine, just natural seawater. Or is swimming at the beach not a thing in Holland?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 1:41 am

SilverStar wrote:
alex wrote:
You're going to get "rejected" for a lot of reasons. Even the most attractive guys in the world get "rejected." You need to realize that people have lives outside of an app and if you match with someone, they might stop responding. I was just looking through the message history of 100s of matches on my phone and there are a lot that I just stopped responding to because I got bored or realized I didn't really like the girl. And there are plenty of girls who stopped responding to me.

Rejection is part of the process. Embrace it by acknowledging that it's just part of life and not letting it affect you.

There are a 1000 different reasons why someone might get rejected. Not all of them are because that person does something wrong, or they aren't attractive, etc. Sometimes it might happen just because the other person's inbox get's bombarded with numerous other messages, and they can't go through them all...you never know.

Or maybe by the time you get back to them they already found someone else they were more interested in. I mean after I met my boyfriend I got some more messeges that i did not respond to because, well I had met him and hadn't had the chance to disable my profile yet.

Whale_Tuune
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2018, 1:40 pm

"Researching how womens' brains work..."

As a woman, I'll give you some advice: stop treating us like we're rats in a lab. You may be able to find differences on average in regards to how men and women function, but in real life, there is a /ton/ of overlap. Neurologically, most people are a total mix of "male" and "female" brain parts. The dimorphism occurs at the extremes. You will get some people who will be more one than the other, and that will tip "male" and "female" brains in one direction.

As for saying "I'm busy", you don't realize that a lot of guys will take being blatantly rejected very badly. You might be fine with a girl saying, "I'm not interested", but they can't know that. The girl is as much a prisoner of social norms as all of us; even if she /did/ want to be more upfront, other people in the situation/maybe you in her mind wouldn't like that.

Tanker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Aug 2018, 1:44 pm

Not being able to partake in the whole "body language" part doesnt help. Hearing how much of a part that is to all human communication, it's not shocking autistics suck at finding a partner.