Tinder is full of fake profiles...by Tinder.

Page 4 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 5:40 pm

^ Isn’t that Pinky? The Brain’s assistant?

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 5:47 pm

I don't give a pinky donkey

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 6:05 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
cberg wrote:
My next laptop is going to cost me so many ponies. :(

:P

Me neither. 128gb RAM will be like having my own cluster.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 6:11 pm

cberg wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
cberg wrote:
My next laptop is going to cost me so many ponies. :(

:P

Me neither. 128gb RAM will be like having my own cluster.

I now have RAM envy. Lenovo ?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 8:39 pm

Yep yep yep. Thinkpad P52 ia the plan.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 8:52 pm

I :heart: my Lenovo even though it's only an IdeaCentre A300

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 3:12 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
I figured I was being paranoid, but I have felt that there is a ton of fake profiles being run by bots. Slightly off topic since I think this one was from a real person, but the other day someone matched with me and instantly sent a message that read "Okay honestly I matched because I was scared like if I didn't I'd be haunted." What the heck does that even mean??

Could be humour , message back something funny ( haunted related humour ). e.g. I'm not the ghosting type

Thanks for the tip, I did exactly that. Fell back on humor because I wasn't sure what she was going on about. Perhaps I am just grotesquely haunting. I guess I should remove my profile if the mere sight of me is that disturbing to others. :)

Did you get a reply?

Yes, she seemed preoccupied though, so I fully expect ghosting and an unmatch.

I hope you get pleasantly surprised , Some woman go for the Johnny Depp Jack Sparrow look

Unfortunately, just more of the same. I made an effort to get to know her and she didn't ask a single question to get to know me and eventually ghosted me so I unmatched. She probably was just collecting matches. Not sure why I even bother.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2019, 1:09 am

blackicmenace wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
I figured I was being paranoid, but I have felt that there is a ton of fake profiles being run by bots. Slightly off topic since I think this one was from a real person, but the other day someone matched with me and instantly sent a message that read "Okay honestly I matched because I was scared like if I didn't I'd be haunted." What the heck does that even mean??

Could be humour , message back something funny ( haunted related humour ). e.g. I'm not the ghosting type

Thanks for the tip, I did exactly that. Fell back on humor because I wasn't sure what she was going on about. Perhaps I am just grotesquely haunting. I guess I should remove my profile if the mere sight of me is that disturbing to others. :)

Did you get a reply?

I hope you get pleasantly surprised , Some woman go for the Johnny Depp Jack Sparrow look

Unfortunately, just more of the same. I made an effort to get to know her and she didn't ask a single question to get to know me and eventually ghosted me so I unmatched. She probably was just collecting matches. Not sure why I even bother.

Because during the time you’re chatting her, she’s stacking more matches exponentially. It’s very difficult for a guy to compete and keep up interest there, even if she’s swiping left on most.

For women on tinder: Swipe right = a guaranteed match.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 10:25 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Northeastern292 wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Do you have any idea how much monkey these models/Influencers make on Instagram? The more followers they get the more advertising companies pay them, Look it up.

6 monkeys ?

I thought it was goats.

Goats are offended.

My apologies to the goats.*

*Except the New England Patriots.

I have a penpal in Ohio (also an Aspie) who should be on Tinder just for the laughs. He often gets spam requests on Facebook and spends good time replying to these bots/spam people. The responses are hilarious.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 10:46 am

blackicmenace wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

Did you get a reply?

Her loss dude.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 12:22 pm

Maybe but couldn't they just be exchange students living in the area or visiting?
Or maybe those aren't fake profiles but rather Tinder showing you real profile but disables distance filtering 'cause there are no more matches left in your current vicinity ? if that's the latter than yeah Tinder sucks but Tinder sucks anyways IMHO