Page 1 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

David Colby
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Mar 2018, 12:39 am

I just got a physics degree from UC Berkeley, love card and board games, have high-functioning autism, am a politically moderate atheist, love good food and good sex, and really want a romantic relationship with a wonderful beautiful awesome woman who ideally shares at least one of my qualities right away if possible!

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. ... And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
--Corinthians: 13

KanyeWestFan
Toucan
Toucan

18 Mar 2018, 12:46 am

My dad has none of your qualities or achievements but he was still able to find a woman who is loyal to him. I think you can do good if you keep looking

David Colby
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Mar 2018, 12:48 am

It's ok to not share any of my qualities, as long as you don't try to change me!

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. ... And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2018, 3:32 pm

Most women here are the type that like to get to know somebody well before they jump in the sack with them.

Be patient. Hang out. Be a friend. Listen to others, and allow others to listen to you.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2018, 3:43 pm

you sound like a nice person but i think dating doesn't work this way

try to meet some people and ask them as in a personal level

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2018, 4:30 pm

Now if your werent into sex and was either a feminine guy or a woman, you'd totally be my type.

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2018, 5:44 pm

No I don't...but I'm into women though. :P

David Colby
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Apr 2018, 7:16 pm

You all are right: I need to make friends first, but I just want to make sure that they know that I am not just looking for a friendship with them, so I'm conflicted.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2018, 1:00 am

KanyeWestFan wrote:
My dad has none of your qualities or achievements but he was still able to find a woman who is loyal to him. I think you can do good if you keep looking

He lived in different times when women were pet anywhere as picky as today.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2018, 1:59 am

sly279 wrote:
KanyeWestFan wrote:

Men were expected to support entire families for much of history. Expecting a guy to have a few bucks for a cheap date at Starbucks is not picky.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2018, 2:23 am

Chronos wrote:
sly279 wrote:
KanyeWestFan wrote:

Men were expected to support entire families for much of history. Expecting a guy to have a few bucks for a cheap date at Starbucks is not picky.

A cashier can afford a Starbucks coffee and I don't think he said he can't.

Btw, what's the purpose of that reply?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2018, 2:26 am

David Colby wrote:
I just got a physics degree from UC Berkeley, love card and board games, have high-functioning autism, am a politically moderate atheist, love good food and good sex, and really want a romantic relationship with a wonderful beautiful awesome woman who ideally shares at least one of my qualities right away if possible!

No offense, but your thread is desperate. Stop doing this.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2018, 3:30 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
sly279 wrote:
KanyeWestFan wrote:

He thinks women today are picky, but the fact of the matter is if he grew up in my grandfather's generation he would be expected to support an entire family, whereas today, men who cannot do this have a greater chance at finding a mate than men in all of history. While most women would probably like a man who could support an entire family on his own, that's just not the reality of the current economic situation and many families in the west are now two-income families. So women have actually become less picky with respect to income.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2018, 3:35 am

Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
sly279 wrote:
KanyeWestFan wrote:

He thinks women today are picky, but the fact of the matter is if he grew up in my grandfather's generation he would be expected to support an entire family, whereas today, men who cannot do this have a greater chance at finding a mate than men in all of history. While most women would probably like a man who could support an entire family on his own, that's just not the reality of the current economic situation and many families in the west are now two-income families. So women have actually become less picky with respect to income.

Yes and no - while you're right about the two-income family today, however house/rents cost a higher ....much higher percentage of a wage today; hence typically women today want men who earn more than themselves. A cashier 30 years ago was way more likely able to provide even alone, today...not much so; the overall purchase power decreased significantly.

So I don't think women's pickiness went down with time; and I would say they're also more picky on looks, fitness and education compared to women in the past.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2018, 4:15 am

What is "good food"? I think it's subjective, and doesn't everyone like food that they think is good? Do you mean you are passionate about trying foods or cooking?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Apr 2018, 4:45 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
David Colby wrote:

No offense, but your thread is desperate. Stop doing this.
Making desperate threads actually worked for me but I made LOTS of em & was around for years before they did. But to be fair, I had no luck offline except maybe bad & it was the same with dating sites for me. I think I express myself better on forums & the rite type of women for me was wanting a guy with certain qualities that not all guys(maybe more so with guys on the spectrum) possess.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition